Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 teammates SOS

lamorackelamoracke Posts: 13 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 22 October, 2019, 03:56 pm.

Have reached this step. Its just after the werewolf one. Its not working well for me. Anyone else?

Have tried with 3 people, all friends or none. Nada

Have tried with 4 people. Once all friends, once just one friend. Nada

Have tried with 5 people. I got a point doing it with one friend and 3 strangers on zone 5. However, we then did the exact thing and won but no 2nd point.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #219 July, 2019, 11:11 am.

@lamoracke I just got to this quest today. I’m dreading it because I don’t really have people to do this with in my area. I have my sister...and that’s about it. Hopefully Community Day will give some opportunities to get this completed.

• Taahvoh7Taahvoh7 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #620 July, 2019, 09:10 pm.

Same thing here. There were four of us. We took the time to make certain that we were all friends on our WU accounts. We even changed our houses to match (Ravenclaw.) Nada. We tried a variety of things to figure out what the game wanted from us. Now I think that one team member had not reached level 20 in her account. So everyone has to be level 20 or higher, and activating the SOS Achievement?

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    #720 July, 2019, 09:15 pm.

I was able to meet a few players around my town, but I haven’t seen any of them repeated times. I think most of them even stopped playing, since in my friends list I never see their levels increasing. A lot of my actual friends that are hardcore potter fans are also in the US (while I’m in Brazil) so I have no idea how I’ll manage to get this achievement when the time comes... ugh. This is no good.

Today (community day) was only the second time I ever played with someone in the same fortress, and it was the first time when it was actually intended. The first time it was because someone was there and I happened in. Today I actually talked to the guy and we played together.

I only saw about 3 more people playing at the park and that’s it. So if we can’t meet new players even during community day, I’ve no idea how well do if group achievements keep cropping up.

#920 July, 2019, 11:10 pm.

I can confirm that this task is bugged. For community day I had a bunch of people show up and I tried playing as a group of 3, 4, and 5 and never got credit towards this task. I was involved in probably 12 challenges today that had 4 or 5 players and we were all friends and never got credit for this.

• KatherineSarahKatherineSarah Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1020 July, 2019, 11:14 pm.

I have no friends yet, and despite making the effort to get out this morning during community, found no other locals. I'll be in trouble come shared tasks. Having missed my last werewolf though I won’t have to worry about it for another month!

• SageWyzeSageWyze Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #1121 July, 2019, 11:51 pm.

I have the same problem with this quest. I completed 3 wizarding challenges with 3 other people but was credited with only 1.

• GreendrummerGreendrummer Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1223 July, 2019, 02:54 am.

I just tried to do this assignment with 3 other friends and we did 3 battles and I only got credit for 1. I have a theory but I haven't tried it yet, one of the 3 battles we did I was the first in the room, maybe you have to be first in to get credit. I'll probably play with others in a couple days so I can test this out, but if others could help test this theory as well that would really help.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    #1323 July, 2019, 05:58 pm.

@Greendrummer what do you mean by first room?

I wonder if WU frowns on players utilizing second devices with alternate accounts. I've seen people hotspot their phones to utilize an ipad before and I know we can make different accounts in game. If they were okay with it then one could theoretically complete this task even if no one else in their area played. Of course a communication bar in game would be another solution...

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1424 July, 2019, 06:27 pm.

I'm having a heck of a time commenting on this post. I tried to edit it, and it just comes up blank each time. I'll try one last time.

I had trouble with this step of the assignment, too. We started with a group of three of us. One was using two devices. The second device was an iPad piggy-backing off her phone's connection and logged in under her husband's account. As @CytopeAchen mentions, I'm not sure if that's frowned upon or even detectable. Can't imagine why it would be an issue, but who knows. Her husband hadn't reached that assignment yet, so he wasn't going to get credit anyway.

On the first challenge, only two of us got credit for it. I was one of them. On the next two challenges, only one person got credit for those, and she was able to finish that step of the assignment. We did four more challenges, and the other person in our group finally finished that step, but I was still stuck at one out of three. We thought surely with the other two being done, I'd get the credit for the next couple challenges. We did two more, and I was still stuck at one out of three.

Luckily two other people showed up. Two of us teamed up with them for a couple challenges, myself included. Here was the dynamic for that group... I needed two more challenge credits, one of us was done with that step, and the other two who just showed up hadn't reached that assignment yet. Even though the assignment was obviously bugged, we figured I'd definitely get the remaining credit I needed now.

Sure enough, it worked and I completed that step of the assignment. It was tough to get through, but not too terrible. I can see how this would be a major roadblock if you live in an area where it's difficult to find anyone else to team up with.

Now I'm still stuck on fighting ten formidable death eaters. I've fought two so far, so I expect it'll take a while. No rush though, since this is the last SOS assignment and who knows when they'll release more. It sure would be nice to find those five remaining mystery items to complete that achievement. Well, the silver level of that achievement anyway.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1524 July, 2019, 07:04 pm.

@CytopeAchen @Acumen

section 3, part 3.1 of the niantic terms of service specifically states that using multiple accounts is cheating.

one account per game per person.

#1624 July, 2019, 10:08 pm.

Ah, good find @Digitalis , thank you. Again, she was just using her husband's account on another device. He does play, but wasn't available to join us that night. I'm not sure if that technically violates the terms of service, but we certainly won't make a habit of it anyway.

#1725 July, 2019, 04:11 am.

@Digitalis thank you, must have glanced over that

@Acumen I doubt that is the activity they're really aiming at. Now the video I saw the other day of a guy with 40 phones mounted on his bike as he actively played POGO, while impressive he was definitely cheating lol

#1825 July, 2019, 04:19 am.

Hahaha! I saw that too @CytopeAchen

Certainly impressive, but yeah, I think that’s well within the realm of foul play!

• AhklpharmdAhklpharmd Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1926 July, 2019, 06:27 am.

I am stuck on that SOS and it is not giving me credit for the formidable wizards although i beat 3 of them in forest level 4 already and other levels. Wonder if this one you have to do them in order like beat 30 foes in fortresses first and then team up with others then the wizards?

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26 #2026 July, 2019, 12:01 pm.

You shouldn’t need to do them in order. Mine is counting that I played last night even tho I don’t have any for the teammates one. To clarify, the task should be 10 formidable death eaters, not dark wizards.

#2126 July, 2019, 02:33 pm.

This one's gonna take me a while. So far I think I've only ever completed Fortresses with one random person at a park that stayed to themselves so no idea if they'll be back anytime soon. Oddly over the last 2 weeks I've noticed a significant decrease of activity in my general play area. I think those brilliant event and fortress nerfs ran everyone off...

#2226 July, 2019, 03:00 pm.

I've received credit for the four formidable death eaters I've fought so far @Ahklpharmd . It was only the team-play step of the assignment that gave me trouble. I hope you're able to get through it!

@CytopeAchen I've noticed the same thing in my city. The popular spots where I'd normally bump into other WU players have been empty, except for a few PoGo players now and then. Kinda bums me out.

• bruccccciebrucccccie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2327 July, 2019, 12:19 am.

I just got to this SOS when I FINALLY managed to snag 5 doxies. Trying to be HP active in Australia at dawn was tough, even in winter (way too early in the day).

I thought it was going to be hard enough to get 4 people in a Fortress to start with. Now after reading all the replies, it seems impossible even if you do find enough teammates!

#2427 July, 2019, 12:23 am.

@brucccccie My recommendation is if you have several Greenhouses in a general area go around at the same time everyday and drop Leaping Toadstools. If you light up 5 or 6 in one viewing area all with close to the same count down if there's anyone in your area I'm sure you'll bump into them. I'm going to attempt this the next weekend I have off...

I know in other posts people have had pretty good luck checking for FB groups for Ingress, POGO and WU. Might try there first as its considerably easier.

• bruccccciebrucccccie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 27 #2527 July, 2019, 12:27 am.

@CytopeAchen Meeting people at Fortresses is going to be the hard part. We have a couple of friends we're going to try and coerce to come to the battle. But it sounds like even if you get 4 people together you may not get the points for the SOS.

#2627 July, 2019, 02:32 am.

I posted in my Facebook group that I will be downtown tomorrow. If I get another chance to test this tomorrow to see if it works, I will let you know.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2917 August, 2019, 07:45 pm.

Oh great! Ive only just completed the 10 formidable pixies & this is what I have to look forward to! 🙈 noooooooo!

I didn't encounter a soul even on community day!! I've no chance! Oh well, i spose il get the rest of the sos done but that one will unfortunately remain incomplete. Hey ho.

Thanks for all the info tho guys on how to get the credits etc if by some miracle i can find a group 😊

• ProfessorKennaProfessorKenna Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3018 August, 2019, 01:10 pm.

My hubby and I created a third acct, just for this one. We fought 3 challenges. He got the challenge done, I did not get any of the 3. Seems to be a game issue with this challenge!!