Part 1 - Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event

SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 85 ✭✭
edited August 13 in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 23 August, 2019, 01:27 pm.

So, this is turning out to be a very interesting change up, from the last event!

Keep your stock of Exstimulo potions filled! Cause these traces are proving difficult!!

What do you think so far?

Tagged:

Comments

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #213 August, 2019, 07:38 pm.

The slytherin student used to show up the most for me normally... and now that I need her for the brilliant event, she's nowhere to be seen!! Sneaky little slytherin, hahaha. I love the students though :D

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #313 August, 2019, 07:52 pm.

I spent the first hour in a park that is packed with inns & found ONE brilliant foundable! After I left the park I managed to find more and wound up finishing for the night with 5 each of every student except Slytherin, of which I only found one! Not sure if she's set to be rarer or if it just sends out a message to make whatever you're looking for rarer, but 1:5 seems like quite a low ratio compared to the others.

What have others found? Are @JulieJubz and myself the only ones having trouble tracking down Slytherins? :)

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    #413 August, 2019, 08:07 pm.

@FireNightingale I was thinking that's probably the case too! Someone mentioned that each student will get their turn to shine, so most likely, whoever comes next will be super rare and we'll find an abundance of Slytherin ferret, :D

I guess this is a really good way for them to help pace out the game... with all the other brilliant events so far, I basically finished the task list in a single day. ^^;; this one seems a little tricky. Hehe.

• kpwxxkpwxx Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 13 #513 August, 2019, 08:12 pm.

I've only returned two so far but both have been Slytherin! Will be interesting to see how it continues!

I really want to know if the 5 fragment foundable is portkeys or challenges. I'm hoping portkeys, and that makes sense because they're now less distance. But I want to know before picking up more than three portkeys... Don't want any spares in the way for the second half of the event like last time!!

• Tela01Tela01 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #613 August, 2019, 08:19 pm.

When I open my brilliant portkey, there are no whackworts in the moving train sequence. Anyone else have this problem?

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #713 August, 2019, 08:44 pm.

Yes. The portkey I just tried to open had no wrackspurts inside and it crashed on me twice, then said there was an error and restarted the app. Opened back up and then portkey was gone. Got no rewards. Lovely

• JanieKayrsJanieKayrs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #813 August, 2019, 09:05 pm.

Same here!! I thought maybe I just couldn't see them...

• ValorshuValorshu Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1013 August, 2019, 10:36 pm.

The last high threat to go to conclude the part I event. I just took the street car going back and forth for 90 mins and was able to capture all the required brilliant students.;)

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    #1113 August, 2019, 11:20 pm.

Thank you @Craeft! Good lookin out, as usual.

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 85 ✭✭
    #1214 August, 2019, 12:14 am.

The way they have set this up is really something. The slight changes make a huge difference, and they're actually really fun and challenging!

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #1314 August, 2019, 01:04 am.

I had a LOT of fun today! There is something about these Brilliant events that gets me fired up and I just play all afternoon! I had previously said I am not good at playing non-stop just for XP’s sake. However, give me a task and I go crazy with it!

I feel that the events are getting better as me move forward. I think the 3K portkeys will help the players who can’t play as much complete the tasks.

I am done with the tasks already, but have not finished portkeys, wizarding challenges, or collecting any of the students yet. So tomorrow will be another day where I will get to enjoy finishing up all the collecting.

I am in love with this game!! ❤️

#1414 August, 2019, 02:19 am.

@Overflow4487 I only had one client today, at 8am. So I sat at the park and waited until the event started. Grinding almost 5k xp just from traces. Hahaha

Once it hit and I saw the challenge the students was going to provide, I knew I was in for a fun time.

And then when I saw the Portkeys were only 3km, I was like, "What are they up to?". LOL My first Fortress Battle revealed the answer. And it was awesome.

Also, the fact that the registry page caps out at 40, rather than 100, is really interesting.

#1514 August, 2019, 02:19 am.

• DreadPirate1008DreadPirate1008 Posts: 1
    #1614 August, 2019, 02:47 am.

Kind of boring event honestly. I had all the students placed within an hour. It was a total energy drain and little XP to show for it. The first event was by far the best. And the 3K Portkeys are a pain. It’s cool, but they take forever to get the wrackspurts. Disappointing all together

#1714 August, 2019, 03:01 am.

@Overflow4487 I only had one client today, at 8am. So I sat at the park and waited until the event started. Grinding almost 5k xp just from traces. Hahaha

Once it hit and I saw the challenge the students was going to provide, I knew I was in for a fun time.

And then when I saw the Portkeys were only 3km, I was like, "What are they up to?". LOL My first Fortress Battle revealed the answer. And it was awesome.

Also, the fact that the registry page caps out at 40, rather than 100, is really interesting.

• FinklepottFinklepott Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1814 August, 2019, 03:25 am.

I love the Portkeys ! You actually have to look ... and a little skill. Fun stuff ! I also recently had the candy shop Portkey ! Only had one of those so far! Anyone else have any different ones? I’ve had Hagrids hut, Ollivander’s, Borgin and Burke’s, dark forest, candy shop, and the Hogwarts express. Also wearwolf curiosities are our tonight for my area !!

• GlastonEverfangGlastonEverfang Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1914 August, 2019, 05:09 am.

I'm actually REALLY disappointed with how easy this event is. I have mixed feelings for this event. I played for 2 hours today and then some when I got home as I have a lot of spawns around my house, in a rural area no less. I'm already about done with the final page of this week's event. I like that there were 4 foundables you had to find on the map for this event instead of 2. Brilliant portmanteaus were reduced from 7km to 3km. I could sneeze, accidently drop my phone, and it bounce away from me and open a 3km portmanteau in that way. However, I am really pleased with the location of the portkey for this event. The train cabin is awesome. I love where they put the wrackspurts, out the freakin' window! You can also get a good look at the Trolley Witch's snack cart and see the various wizarding world treats like the iconic chocolate frog boxes. Like @SamuelHaight said (love the profile pic btw, Hagrid!) the registry page caps out at 40. That's WAY to easy to level up for 5 scrolls and a runestone. The biggest reason I was attracted to this game was the difficulty. I just hope it doesn't get easier beyond what it is now. Anyway, the game is still young, so we shall see. 🙂

• Tela01Tela01 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2014 August, 2019, 05:34 pm.

For the last page of special assignments, what does it mean to :"return 5 high foundables"?

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #2114 August, 2019, 05:38 pm.

Look for foundables with a beam. Exception being the event foundables.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    #2214 August, 2019, 05:39 pm.

@Tela01 find and return high value foundables. The ones with the yellow beams are high value. Some of the brilliants may be high value, but I didn’t pay attention to which ones, so maybe someone else can comment if any of them are. But basically catch anything with a yellow beam over it.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #2314 August, 2019, 05:48 pm.

Erklings, vampires, werewolves. Giggles

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #2414 August, 2019, 07:01 pm.

The cool part @Tela01 is that anything considered above a high level threat also counts. So if you encounter a severe or emergency threat (orange or red beam of light), you'll still receive credit for that task.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #2514 August, 2019, 07:17 pm.

Liking it a lot. Plenty challenging while remaining balanced. The common dark wizards of the previous one were a little (too?) random, but the last stage of this one gives (no spoilers) plenty of variety, without becoming frustrating. The 3km portkeys are a vast improvement.

Also, in my area at least, generally I am finding more rare and interesting foundables during the event. Which is fun.

Over all very enjoyable!

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    #2614 August, 2019, 07:36 pm.

As others have expressed, if I had to choose a complaint, it'd be that this event was too easy. This is the first one I finished the same day it began. All the others I was able to finish the second day, which still seems easier than it could be. However, I think the developers are doing a great job at making sure everyone has a chance to enjoy these events. Lots of people complained about being unable to finish the other ones due to busy schedules, energy restrictions because of living in a rural area or lacking transportation, bad luck at obtaining required fragments, and of course a couple known bugs. This event should hopefully provide them with a more satisfying experience.

It's been the same with the community days. During the first one it was entirely possible to go out and catch foundables as a team, but there wasn't really any extra incentive to do so versus playing solo, and the team players complained about it. During the second community day it was possible to go solo on fortress challenges, but there was extra incentive to play as a team this time, and the solo players complained about it. You can't please everyone all the time, but you can switch things up so different players out there will occasionally experience an event that's well suited to their wants and needs. I admire that strategy.

Long story short, the event was easier than I would have liked it to be, but I still loved it. When I opened the first brilliant 3km portkey and realized I was on the Hogwarts Express, I really got a kick out of that. Two thumbs up!

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2714 August, 2019, 08:27 pm.

this event was the most interesting one yet, but definitely too easy.

I was able to finish all 4 pages of tasks and the registry page in one day, and there are 5 days left. Wish I could prestige the event registry page, then I would still have an event related goal to work towards.

The rewards were great, and the Portkey sure are cool. Although I seem to have an unusual amount of difficulty in seeing/tapping the wrackspurts on the Hogwarts express.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #2814 August, 2019, 08:56 pm.

Well, if my observation of a higher rate of uncommon foundables - even apart from the recent new foundable pages - is correct: I'll at least have much more fun than last time, in grinding brilliant foundables for extra scrolls. The extra brilliant registry scrolls are always an event bonus I try to take advantage of. So to me it really doesn't matter if I finish my tasks a little early.

• kpwxxkpwxx Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2915 August, 2019, 07:31 am.

How are people finding the challenge drop rate? I really struggled with the beasts event, I went through about 14 runestones to get the three pieces. Was scared I wasn't going to get it!

Thought they might have increased it as I saw others complaining of the same, and in the Harry event I got them at about a 50/50 rate which was much more feasible. But now I've got nothing on my first three runestones! Could be random bad luck, or it could have been random good luck that I did better with the Harry one.

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #3015 August, 2019, 08:07 am.

@kpwxx I believe that someone suggested changing Runestones categories for challenges, not using always the same, one after the other. Still, even with that, I would really like a drop per stone. And not repeats...

• HerMayreeHerMayree Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #3115 August, 2019, 10:22 am.

I STINK at getting the wrackspurts out the window!!! Spent forever and said many bad words! Hahahahahaha