Green Books vs Red Books - ability to choose

WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 17 August, 2019, 02:53 pm.

Please devs. I don't need any more green books until our training increases. I do however have a chronic red book shortage.

Please, please, please let us choose which book colour we receive as a reward.

Yes, yes, I know what you'll say to this but us beta players that invested LOTS of red books into skills that now require green books (at a much lower rate than we spent on red books).

ie one of my skills pre the change cost 100 scrolls and 46 red books, now it's 46 scrolls and 15 red books.

Soon all the global players will face a similar position, yes, even the Professors!

I have spoken to Fazes on Discord about this and I was told that it would be passed on to the devs but I haven't heard anything back.

As of now I will be spending all my green books in a secondary profession.

I really can't figure out whether that's the intent of our gameplay.

If that's the way the devs will lose more players as the red book grind is out of control now (exception of course to our lucky professors).

Comments

• edited August 13 #213 August, 2019, 06:32 pm.

Hi Werewolf Chaser! You receive Restricted Section Books (The Green Ones) after completing tasks in the Brilliant Event and you receive Spell Books (The Red Ones) when you complete a Wizarding Challenges and you rank up a Challenge Family to unlock a Challenge Treasure Trunk (similar to how you receive Runestones for progressing through the different Exploration Registry pages.)

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    #314 August, 2019, 01:38 am.

Thanks for that explanation. I already understood that info.

What is proposed for all the green books we will acquire?

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #414 August, 2019, 01:41 am.

All the green books we will acquire?!

My god, I wish we had the ability to share in this game because if that's a problem you're running into, I'd GLADLY buy some off ya/trade for em. hehehe

Reds are exponentially easier to come by. Those green ones are very time specific though. Since you can only get them during events, it makes it hard to master one's profession.

#514 August, 2019, 01:53 am.

@Craeft trust me. In time to come the red books are the roadblock.

After this event you will have more than half what you need for magi. Then there's another event in 2 weeks. That will make 75 green books. Magizoo need 115. You're almost there, How many red books do you need? I need 25 for each skill.

Challenge XP ranks don't stop till 130 and that's 3,770 XP required.

I was also trying to point out how many red books I've already spent that are now green books at a much discounted price.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #614 August, 2019, 01:55 am.

I won't. I can't get out and play this event, sadly... but point noted.

#714 August, 2019, 02:04 am.

Magizoo needs 569,605.00 challenge xp to get the required red books btw (almost double that of professor and a smidge better than auror).

• ValorshuValorshu Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #814 August, 2019, 02:50 am.

Agree, my challenge XP rank 40, Lvl 36 Rank 11 auror, the last four lessons for power requres 21+21+25+25=92 red spell books. To get 2red books from rank 40 to 41, 820 challenge XP is needed. With lvl 1 rune stone for solo at tower 7 or 8th floor without using potions, only 50-60 challenge XP can be granted. In other words, 14 battles or so for 2 red books. It is becoming increasingly difficult to level up changlleng XP Ranks.

#914 August, 2019, 03:27 am.

@Valorshu I hate to break it to you but as an Auror you need  531,905.00 Challenge XP total to get your required red books.

• IIIIllllIIIIllll Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1017 August, 2019, 12:09 am.

Red books are a huge problem for players starting at L30. They are much harder to come by and they are turning into a bottleneck to progress your skill tree. Hopefully something will be done about it to make it easier to acquire more red books.

• CuervaLachanceCuervaLachance Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1117 August, 2019, 02:53 pm.

I'm a level 27 Magizoologist, and I'm finding I'm getting to the point where my skill tree is just a giant logjam. I have four red books, and it will be ages before I'm able to acquire more, whereas I need five for THIS skill, and seven for THAT skill, and fifteen each for THESE OTHER skills. It may be just a teensy bit frustrating. Since the events have been relatively frequent, attaining green books is currently far easier than attaining red books.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1218 August, 2019, 12:45 am.

We're all gated in one way or another. I'm a professor and still need 199 red books to complete my skill tree. I also need 163 more green books. I can't grind harder to earn the green books faster, so it'll be another 20 weeks or so before I have all of those I need to complete the first lesson plan. Honestly though, it'll probably take me quite a bit longer to earn the red books I need. If I grind fortress challenges enough to earn 2 red books every day, I could get it done in around six months. Maybe less when you factor in special events like the last community day that made red books easier to score, plus the red books included with monthly rewards, achievements, and so on. I'm not into grinding though. It's not important to me to finish the lesson plan, beat all the fortress levels, max out my player level, and gold prestige all the registry pages as fast as humanly possible. I don't care if it takes a year or even longer, but that's just me. I recognize that there are other people with different personality types who want to be able to burn through everything much faster. Maybe the developers will choose to accommodate the more aggressive players, if enough people voice the same complaint. Perhaps they already have something in mind for when the number of people who've hit the great red wall crosses a certain threshold. Then again, maybe they won't budge on this at all for reasons that aren't yet clear. Either way, I'm sure we'll see some interesting updates in the days ahead.