Werewolves

Comments

• ZakhiZakhi Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited August 12 #3212 August, 2019, 06:47 pm.

@Dogoutlaw @Overflow4487 @Acumen @WerewolfChaser

If you need those bows very much, I suggest to use your oddities runestones on Rune Chamber V because it has the best fragments drop rate alongside the other fortress chambers. Second is Rune Chamber VI.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    #3312 August, 2019, 06:48 pm.

I have 3 bows and 3 werewolves left to get on that page. Ugh.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #3412 August, 2019, 07:29 pm.

Thanks @Zakhi. I've heard from others than grinding the Ruins V chamber is the way to go. I definitely need to grind the lower level Ruins chambers if I ever hope to finish the books pages in the challenge registry. I haven't finished a single page yet. The first two are at gold, but not done. The third is still at silver. The Ruins chambers are SOOOOO boring though! Plus, grinding just isn't my thing. I get bored with fortress challenges after I've done a few. So, my current status with books and centaur bows is my own fault, but the question is whether I'll choose to accept that or change my strategy.

sigh

Fine. I just used all my coins to purchase bags of runestones. Hopefully, RNGesus will smile upon me and give me the bows I need without having to purchase more. Onward, into battle! ....well, after work.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    #3512 August, 2019, 09:03 pm.

Thanks @Zakhi ! I was planning to hit up Tower I and try my luck.

#3612 August, 2019, 11:15 pm.

Well @Zakhi, you were right! Thanks for the advice! I had to buy an extra pocket full of gold to get enough rune stones. I normally give myself an allowance of one pocket full of gold every two weeks, but I justified the exception by not getting a snack this afternoon. Sure, I don't often pick up an afternoon snack from the cafeteria at work anyway, but that's beside the point. I needed justification and I found it!

Anyway, you were on the money with Level 5 being the one to hit for fragments. I finished up the last couple horned serpent eggs I needed and got all but one centaur bow with the Level 1 runes I purchased. The only Oddity rune stone I had left was a Level 4 and I didn't want to waste it on a Ruins Chamber, so I hit up Tower 5 hoping for the best. Got lucky this time! Now I've got a fresh Oddities 1 page ready for more werewolves, pixies, centaurs, and vampires, which should all be easy enough. Twenty more centaur bows sounds a little daunting though! That's a LOT of rune stones, and I'm not buying more any time soon, lol.

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    #3913 August, 2019, 02:26 am.

@Osprey1 I prefer the term "mature" thanks!

I didn't stop reading but I have no understanding of what I read. I am a member of a pogo friend group however that eliminates the need to coordinate friendship level ups by opening at 4pm EST Wednesday and Sunday and I rename my buddy accordingly. This does confuse our local players in the AEST time zone.

If we're going to standardize can we stick with GST please?

@Zakhi Thanks for that tip. I shall give it a try.

@HPWULola I've been tracking the little horrors. Well I am a werewolf chaser after all. Last night was 28 days since their last appearance. I was of the belief that the lunar calendar is 28 days but I've been lied to all my life.

I didn't see any werewolves last night. I shall look again tonight.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    #4013 August, 2019, 02:31 am.

Aha, according to the font of all knowledge (Wikipedia),

In English common law, a "lunar month" traditionally meant exactly 28 days or four weeks, thus a contract for 12 months ran for exactly 48 weeks." So you were right all along!

edited August 13 #4113 August, 2019, 03:17 am.

That's like saying I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

On any account I shall work out the game believes for werewolf spawns.

@Osprey1 Because you've just posted that wiki how do I know whether you updated wiki yourself?

Oh and please come down under and teach this old bird how to sideload apps! Pwetty please

#4213 August, 2019, 03:32 am.

I have just downloaded a lunar calendar. Can't read a thing, it's in Chinese. So I opted for a moon phase app.

Last month werewolves first appeared at 95% Waxing Gibbous moon. If that is the pattern they shall appear TONIGHT.

#4313 August, 2019, 03:49 am.

I made a loop around the neighborhood without collecting anything, well anything but that boggart cabinet I needed desperately, so I had some spell energy, just in case. But I'm putting my money (the $0.02 that I have) that they won't appear until tomorrow night.

#4413 August, 2019, 03:52 am.

@Osprey1 I'm laughing at your available cash but I'm just as bad.

Bets are on, me for Tues night, you for Weds night.

I look forward to claiming that $0.02 from you.

#4513 August, 2019, 03:53 am.

If you win, please send a self-addressed STAMPED envelope.

#4613 August, 2019, 03:57 am.

/slap

We don't have anything below $0.05

#4713 August, 2019, 04:00 am.

Anyone got change for a penny?

#4813 August, 2019, 04:00 am.

@Osprey1 You do realise that we don't have the ability on this forum to PM so you'll be posting your address for all to see. LMAO

#4913 August, 2019, 04:48 am.

@Zakhi and @Acumen I played my two oddities runestones tonight on Ruins V. First one was a success, second one not at all. So I’m happy I got at least one bow, but sad I’m running out of time. I’m 12 xp away from getting another runestone which shouldn’t be a problem, so we’ll just see if tomorrow will be my lucky day.

#5013 August, 2019, 04:50 am.

@Osprey1 they also used to think the earth was flat, sooooo.....😂

#5113 August, 2019, 04:50 am.

Some people frighteningly still do.

#5213 August, 2019, 04:51 am.

The world is round....like a pizza.

#5313 August, 2019, 04:55 am.

The world is a disc carried on the backs of 4 elephants carried on the back of a giant space turtle.

edited August 13 #5413 August, 2019, 05:14 am.

@Acumen @Dogoutlaw You're welcome. You can find the odds for fragments drop-rates on reddit. I just lost the picture, but I'm sure the Rune Chamber V was the best chance far from others. It has something like 50% drop-rate chance. So 1 bow from 2 wizarding challenges is okay. I should fill my bows & werewolves too. I need 4 more bows and 4 more werewolves to hit the silver :)

#5513 August, 2019, 05:15 am.

I ❤️ you all!😂😂😂

#5613 August, 2019, 05:18 am.

@Dogoutlaw By the way, you can find many other fragments that way, not bows. I hit Rune chamber V with my level 1-3 runestones for any fragments I need. 2 from 3 wizarding challenges for me, so lucky, so many fragments I have now 😚😁

#5713 August, 2019, 05:18 am.

@Zakhi yeah I was thinking 50%, so not terrible. I really don’t want to buy those runes, but we’ll see.

#5813 August, 2019, 07:29 am.

@Osprey1 If the world is flat as a pizza does it have pineapple on top?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #5913 August, 2019, 11:58 am.

@WerewolfChaser pineapple on pizza? I've enjoyed reading your posts, but now we can never be friends.

#6013 August, 2019, 12:29 pm.

Pineapple belongs on pizza, and hamburgers! Live in the now! Embrace the good!

#6113 August, 2019, 12:50 pm.

@MtPollux You'll be happy with my pizza then. I enjoy the traditional cheese pizza. Now I want pizza.