November Extended Community Day Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,272 admin
edited November 24 in Announcements #1 latest comment 01 December, 2021, 08:46 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Find increased Forbidden Forest II, Baby Mandrake, and other baby creature Traces. Plus, earn bonus XP and unlock Portkeys to return Abraxan Winged Horse Fragments. In addition, look out for 1920s Wizarding World Portmanteaus on the Map.

From 24 November 12 a.m. PT – 29 November 11:00 a.m. PT, look out for the following.

• Increased sighting of all Baby Beast foundables. 
  • 1920s Wizarding World Portmanteaus on the Map.
  • Guaranteed Baby Pheonix using a Care of Magical Creatures Runestones.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    #223 November, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Thank you!!

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    #423 November, 2021, 07:53 pm.

Also, @hpwulola @HPWUTeam, please can you confirm the end time of this event? If it finishes at 11:59pm on the 29th, it will overlap the Brilliant Event by 13 hours.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    #623 November, 2021, 09:00 pm.

@SebastianKani it took all of my care of magical creatures runestones 100+ to get enough baby Phoenix to silver the page.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #723 November, 2021, 10:22 pm.

is it started yet? still not see the 1920 portkey

• chavenschavens Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #924 November, 2021, 04:03 am.

@Kodokmag It starts on 11/24 @ 00:00 local time.

@HPWUTeam.. I’m a bit disappointed that this is one of the last community days, seeing as it’s a repeat of June’s Community Day - where I also was able to prestige my Forbidden Forest II page to gold. Oh well, I guess it’s too late to do anything about it now. At least I’ll be able to place the Baby Phoenix foundable on the page. 😐

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1024 November, 2021, 05:08 am.

Looks like it's been delayed 3 hours in ET.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #1124 November, 2021, 06:24 am.

@chavens I need to do 25 Forest Chamber IV to star the baby phoenix, too.

• awesomerthanu1awesomerthanu1 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1224 November, 2021, 06:37 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam According to the gameplay changes on November 2nd one of them was:

-1920s Portkey Portmanteaus will appear on the map more frequently and associated fragments will be doubled.

Why didn't this happen as such? It shouldn't have to be forced into an event to make it seem special. Very disappointing on how everything is being done as the game is closing. Will they stay out on the map afterwards so we might have a chance to finish the pages?

• FelixFancourtFelixFancourt Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1324 November, 2021, 07:01 am.

@chavens Normally community day events start at 00:00 local time, but for some reason they specified that both of these events will start at 00:00 Pacific time (PT). Maybe because of the extended length and 1920s overlap? Regardless, the events will start in a little over an hour for everyone around the world.

@awesomerthanu1 Yeah, I definitely read that and thought the 1920s portkeys would just be always on the map from here on out. It’s disappointing they haven’t been up until now. I’m hoping they will be after this event. If it’s some weird coding thing where they can only make them appear while an event is active, then they should just make an event that lasts until the game closes

• FelixFancourtFelixFancourt Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1424 November, 2021, 07:09 am.

It would also be nice if they could revert the 1920s foundable rewards back to the original numbers. I am desperate for Ministry Manuals to finish the SOS task trees and those original numbers would be a HUGE help

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭
    #1624 November, 2021, 12:37 pm.

@Djea @chavens no need to do Forest VI - the Baby Phoenix appears to be the only foundable you can get when using a COMC runestone in any chamber. I got 3 in as many challenges in Tower III so they seem to be dropping pretty freely, though not guaranteed in the lower chambers. Happy fortressing!

• MjwsjeMjwsje Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1724 November, 2021, 01:19 pm.

@Djea while forest iv guarantees a fragment, I got all of mine from ruins iv

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November 24 #1824 November, 2021, 03:18 pm.

@Djea 4/4 baby Phoenix in Tower 2 so far.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1924 November, 2021, 04:44 pm.

So far I've used Tower 1 and 2 for the challenges w/ the COMC runestone, and I'm about 50/50 on getting the Baby Phoenix. Those of you who are getting it on each try are very lucky.

• BartemiusHoochBartemiusHooch Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2024 November, 2021, 06:43 pm.

I was about to ask if it was a joke picking almost the same color portkeys. As @EPHedwig pointed out, be careful I already got a mix without noticing till I went into the portkey area. :/

#2124 November, 2021, 07:38 pm.

I apologize to the people whom I was playing with in Forest Chamber IV earlier. I got a connection error message while trying to get a potion during the first foe duel. It logged me out but didn't log me in back into the fortress duel.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #2224 November, 2021, 09:01 pm.

I will say the effort for these last few months had been lacking, at least end on a good note. This page has been featured in like 3 community days. But the 1920s portkeys are nice!

• Guru864Guru864 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2425 November, 2021, 02:52 am.

I’ve played the 1920’s events pretty hard, and still have only received ONE Lestrange Family Tree foundable ever. So the Paris Street page may never get prestiged. It doesn’t matter since you’re shutting the game down anyway, but maybe nerf the port key foundables a bit so we can actually prestige the 1920’s pages. Thanks.

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    #2525 November, 2021, 03:11 am.

@awesomerthanu1 Lola posted on Discord on 2nd November to say they would be available for a bit because there were other events with portkeys planned.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #2625 November, 2021, 05:32 am.

@EPHedwig Thanks for the tip on the portkey color! I had picked up a couple and they were a mixture of both, but thankfully hadn't filled my portkey inventory yet.

#2725 November, 2021, 05:49 am.

I have everything I need to complete the special assignment except for the Care of Magical Creatures' baby mooncalves. I am pretty confident that I will get all of them by Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! Thank you very much@HPWUTeam for such a fun game, and @AltarielValice and everyone else who provided much needed informations. 🤗

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2825 November, 2021, 07:01 pm.

Seeing virtually no baby mooncalves. Just finished a 3 Tonic/2 Baruffio spree and got 15+ of pretty much every other baby creature, and only 3 baby mooncalves. And one of those ran away after I spent at least 20 energy on him.

This event is plenty long, so I'm not really worried about completing it, but it's almost a comfort to know that even when the events are good, there's still some weird annoying bit to deal with.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    #2925 November, 2021, 10:22 pm.

I had to drive around to get the mooncalves. I probably would have gotten the last 2 eventually but I wanted to knock it out. I kept getting so much of what I didn’t need

• ThePreatorThePreator Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3126 November, 2021, 08:38 pm.

Very frustrated with this event....already Friday, have seen only 2 baby chinese fireball (placed the baby mooncalf imagr 3 times). Used 4 pink potions.....seems as tho they do not want anyone to finish the events anymore.