Coloring Pages

Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 12 August, 2019, 04:43 am.

One activity you can have available for Community Day are coloring pages. You can find many available for free on the web that you can print out for the event.

Having these will let parents focus on Wizarding Challenges and keep the young ones occupied.

You can typically find cheap crayons at the local dollar store.

You should also have a container for the crayons and paperweights for the pages.

Think about how you can display the work.

Tagged:

Comments

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #209 August, 2019, 04:12 pm.

Ahh thats such a good idea @Osprey1

I'm sure many parents will be grateful for the tip! Luckily my kids are 22 & 15, my Teen is coming with me as helper- she loves it!! And my eldest has said she might meet me at fortress to go in as a couple- better than solo anyway.

How lovely would it be though to have groups have local colouring competition for the kids with little prizes maybe. Fab for giving parents time to focus- this is serious gameplay here!! Lol 😀

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #309 August, 2019, 05:38 pm.

@Osprey1 great idea! I've got my 4yo trained to swipe Inns and GHs as we drive by but this would be cool because now he could color the things he sees me catching!

@AuroraKadavra now that's an idea for a Community Day! Most of the board game stores are POIs, this would be a great idea for them to give a shot.

#409 August, 2019, 06:21 pm.

@Osprey1 great idea! I've got my 4yo trained to swipe Inns and GHs as we drive by but this would be cool because now he can color the things he sees me catching!

@AuroraKadavra now that's an idea for a Community Day! Most of the board game stores are POIs, this would be a great idea for them to try out!

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #509 August, 2019, 06:24 pm.

Hmmm @CytopeAchen - Something seems ethically and morally Slytherin about this:

I've got my 4yo trained to swipe Inns and GHs as we drive by but this would be cool because now he could color the things he sees me catching!

Well done. LOL

#609 August, 2019, 06:46 pm.

I'm gonna make him a little house elf outfit next. Remember, it only violates child labor laws if you pay them otherwise its just encouraging work ethic. Jk, jk lol

In all seriousness I do dress him in his Solemnly Swear shirt whenever we go out. Can't wait to pass on my series to him when he gets older.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #709 August, 2019, 07:02 pm.

Coloring also improves hand eye coordination. This should have direct impact on the ability to successfully cast masterful spells.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #809 August, 2019, 07:03 pm.

Life skillz.

#909 August, 2019, 07:04 pm.

Hmm... *steals sons coloring pages*

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1009 August, 2019, 08:08 pm.

As an artist, people don’t let me do coloring pages. They think I’m “showing off” if I do, which is totally not true. 😅 on the plus side though, I actually draw and sell coloring pages haha.

Speaking of activities though, I was trying to plan a HP themed picnic with my small group, since we play at the park... but no one seemed to care for the idea 😢 I was even going to try and make some butter beer cupcakes.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1109 August, 2019, 08:33 pm.

I like this thread. It's wholesome. 😊

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1210 August, 2019, 07:48 am.

@JulieJubz me too!!! Lol. They say yours is all shaded & not block colour you cheated! Lol.

I also create my own colouring pages, Defo want to create one now with my own twist on HP theme & this game combined. Something for winter to keep me busy.

Love the idea of hand eye coordination! 😂 lets get these kids skillz up! Priceless 😂

Now to get my teen out of bed!! There's the issue!! - she's my energy & high lvl confoundables catcher while i drive!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭
    #1310 August, 2019, 08:09 am.

@CytopeAchen I'm not sure how to break it to you but.....

If you are serious about teaching your 4yo life skills...

Come on, you know what you have to do...

Teach him to drive. Then you can get your own energy.

#1410 August, 2019, 02:01 pm.

So according to my wife it would be unsafe to do so, seems the driver seat doesn't have the carseat anchors...

@WerewolfChaser omg you had me laughing so hard when I read that! 😆 😆 😆

@JulieJubz HP themed picnic sounds like a splendid idea!!! My main area when I'm at work is in an old brick and marble gazebo with a wood shingled roof, looks like something you'd find next to the Black Lake. Really gets me in the spirit arriving before the sun rises and watching the mist roll out into the bay.

@AuroraKadavra wait... If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying teenagers can do more than run utilities up and turn your hair grey??? How have you accomplished this, oh wise one teach me your ways. *grabs a pen and pad*

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1510 August, 2019, 11:05 pm.

I’m going to force my small group to do a HP picnic next time 🤣

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1712 August, 2019, 04:43 am.

This thread... still gives me a laugh! You guys and gals are the best!🤣