October Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
edited October 8 in Announcements #1 latest comment 17 October, 2021, 09:59 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Knight to E5! Encounter more Chess Chamber Traces and earn guaranteed drops from Forest Chamber IV and above to prestige your page.

On 13 October 12:00 a.m.– 14 October 11:59 p.m. local time, prepare to say ‘Checkmate’ as you find the following:

• Increased sightings of Albus Dumbledore, Young Hermione Granger, Young Ron Weasley, Young Harry Potter, Young Neville Longbottom.
  • Special 1km Portkey that rewards the Wizard Chess Queen.
  • Guaranteed Flying Key from Wizarding Chambers when using Legends of Hogwarts Runestones.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #208 October, 2021, 08:37 pm.

is it a test? or flying key by magizoology runestone a "typo"

i thought this comday is about Legend of Hogwart family

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,636 mod
    #308 October, 2021, 09:38 pm.

It was a typo! Thanks for pointing out @Kodokmag😀

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #508 October, 2021, 10:45 pm.

Thanks @AltarielValice ! Also want to thank the team for choosing yet another good community day page. However, I started 8 months after launch and have had this green-starred for a while because of the foundables being in so many events. Perhaps I could propose a page like the one with the Goblet of Fire next or the Platform 9 3/4? Those foundables are fairly rare. Thanks!

#608 October, 2021, 11:50 pm.

@HarryPutter1234 good idea, maybe hpwu team should out a poll in advance for future which page featuring comday.

anyhow, this event seems easier than brilliant events for new players (if we have any) maybe they should a little bit green books on it.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #709 October, 2021, 06:51 am.

an oddities horned serpent page CD is what we need.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #809 October, 2021, 10:12 am.

@HarryPutter1234 and anyone else who may need them, the current Brilliant event has boosted Goblets of Fire. I think at this point almost all pages have had at least one or two focus events, then certain foundables are boosted throughout.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #910 October, 2021, 02:19 pm.

@EPHedwig I realize that, but without the page feature in an event I have to grind the nimbus 2000 & the fortress foundables.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1011 October, 2021, 07:17 pm.

@hpwulola @HPWUblue there is 33 hours until this event an word on 2.19 update?

And AS fix?

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1112 October, 2021, 05:20 pm.

With Adventure Sync still down and no update from WB there is only one Portkey required for one of the tasks.

For more info, tips and trick see here: https://www.taskforcetimes.news/event-quick-reference

• NarnianHallowNarnianHallow Posts: 1
    #1212 October, 2021, 10:06 pm.

My game won’t register any distance at all, whether the game is open or not. How am I supposed to get the wizard chess queen if I can’t open any portkeys? This event will be almost pointless if I can’t get any new portkeys because I can’t open the old ones?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    #1313 October, 2021, 02:41 am.

Please address the hard shutdown of the game if an energy gift is opened. I do not send, or open these gifts any more.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13 #1413 October, 2021, 04:32 am.

@xxxlindy I still appreciate Spell Energy gifts, especially during Adversaries Events. I just open those when it is time for me to turn off the game.

• RockylizardRockylizard Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    #1513 October, 2021, 08:37 am.

I was saddened to see a Portkey task in today’s CD task list. I missed finishing the last CD by .3 km. Yes, three tenths of a km. I just couldn’t get the distance to register. Badly affected by the Android distance tracking bugs, as is a significant percentage of the playerbase.

Is there a particular reason that there are still Portkey tasks with the distance as messed up as it is for so many Witches and Wizards?

• GabriNandesGabriNandes Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1713 October, 2021, 11:32 am.

What goes on in your minds asking to open a portal without correcting the synchroadventure?

• GabriNandesGabriNandes Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1813 October, 2021, 11:39 am.

I'm considering abandoning the game and only come back after the bugs are fixed.

• MsStorkMsStork Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1913 October, 2021, 01:04 pm.

I have used 6 Legends of Hogwarts runestones, and have not received one flying key. What's up with that?

• AJZipperAJZipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #2013 October, 2021, 04:18 pm.

Another "brilliant" community day, another chamber crash resulting in the loss of 1 runestone, 5 Strong Invigoration draughts, 3 Strong Existulmo potions, and the needed Key. @hpwulola in all seriousness, does Niantic ever plan on fixing any of these bugs or are we all just SOL on our wasted time and resources? I feel like a rat on a wheel here...

AJ

• SebastianKaniSebastianKani Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2113 October, 2021, 05:46 pm.

@CherblyCherming @MsStork Same here. I went back to check in the notes whether it was for Forest IV or higher like normal, but there's nothing there. And there aren't people hanging out in the Knight Bus chamber like there normally would be if that one was working.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 74 ✭✭✭
    #2213 October, 2021, 07:33 pm.

@CherblyCherming @mssa123 @SebastianKani

Legends of Hogwarts Runestones not producing Flying Keys for me either and there's no one on the Knight Bus in the higher chambers .

• MatheronMatheron Posts: 1
    #2313 October, 2021, 08:49 pm.

Not surprised to see yet another ‘guaranteed fortress reward’ that never drops.

Please seriously look at fixing these issues before events go live in the future.

You’ve reduced the number of items required for an event in the past via some form of hot fix, please do so again for the flying keys.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #2413 October, 2021, 10:14 pm.

I'm almost done with the flying key requirement. I normally do a lot of fortress challenges so I don't really notice how many runestones I use, which probably reduces the chance of me getting stressed out about finishing the special assignment. They are giving them out as rewards in fortress challenges; you just need to have patience. I have been playing in the Tower Chamber IV this time, and only need 2 more. Since this event traces uses up a lot of potions, I opted to forgo the Forest Chamber IV and above. Thank you very much@HPWUTeam for including spell energy with the fortress rewards!

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #2513 October, 2021, 11:12 pm.

I have been very lucky in fortresses today. I did Dark III once and Tower I 9 or ten times, and that yielded 8 flying keys. That was surprisingly easy.

edited October 13 #2613 October, 2021, 11:48 pm.

for task like this i usually not aiming for the flying keys, but aim for the reward (extravagant/magnificent). so the flying key is secondary, that way its should not be dissapointed if the key results is underwhelming. but well if its very closed to finished (about 6-7 out of 8 flying key) i do the guaranted drop rate (forest IV and above is it?). not very much potion heavy for solo-ing forest IV

• IndigoferaIndigofera Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2714 October, 2021, 03:04 am.

What does "guaranteed" flying key drop mean?

just went through four or five fortress rooms with legends of hogwarts runestones, no flying key drop in any of them

• IndigoferaIndigofera Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2814 October, 2021, 03:14 am.

also, game freezes when I go to my portkeys

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #2914 October, 2021, 03:29 am.

@Indigofera runestone LoH only one list in fragment : flying key. (Wizard chess and yule ball will be remove when CD is active.)

If you quick finishing finding flying keys, maybe you should find in ruins chamber V.

• NicSullyNicSully Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3014 October, 2021, 11:05 am.

I was able to complete the flying keys requirement using only Ruins IV and V chambers, you don't need to do the higher chambers. " Guaranteed" drop just means that if you get the fragment it will be the flying key, not another LOH fragment. I think it's supposed to be more likely to drop in Forest VI or higher, but I didn't need to do that.

• MdsbdrMdsbdr Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #3114 October, 2021, 01:08 pm.

Hello everybody! Just a small question. I just placed the image of the flying key and it gave me 12x1600 xp: i.e. 19.200 xp. But… I used a bbe to gain more(double) xp. I always thought I would gain double XP when using baruffo elixir while placing explorAtion stickers in the registry. Unfortunately I just found out it doesn’t. It gave me once the amount. Did I miss(understand) anything?