Another theory on Constance

RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
edited September 17 in Story #1 latest comment 06 November, 2021, 07:32 pm.

Maybe the mysterious boss of the Unforgivable is using Polyjuice potion to impersonate Constance at times. Hermione gave her truth potion to the real Constance, who doesn’t know anything about the Unforgivable, but somebody else poses as her to learn what Hermione and Harry are up to.

What do you all think about that possibility?

Another theory of mine is that there currently is no defined “boss” of the Unforgivable, the game devs are just dropping random hints and making it up as they go along.

Comments

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    #219 September, 2021, 02:46 pm.

I’ve been curious as to how they’re advancing the story and who’s authoring it… 🤔

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #306 November, 2021, 01:16 am.

Constance it is :)

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #406 November, 2021, 05:12 am.

Now that end of game had been announced, I wonder if story writers are throwing Constance under the knight bus because all the fans are so fond of that theory.🤷‍♀️

It feels a little forced.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #506 November, 2021, 05:24 am.

i think, based on 6 years of school year BE. maybe this game estimated to be lasted at least for 6 year.

cutting short about half, the mastermind (the reason for BE) need to be throw out of the bag right away. isnt it?

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    #606 November, 2021, 06:36 pm.

The story was stalling for a long time, with every BE just offering some “what do you think it means Harry ?” “I don’t know, Hermione. “. It finally started moving this year, or late last year. Finally revealing Constance as the bad guy doesn’t feel rushed to me in principal, but so far the Lethal event doesn’t connect to the general story at all. I had expected some comment on how with their leader missing, the Unforgivable are getting desperate.

Maybe they are rushing it. They still need to offer an explanation on why the truth serum didn’t work on Constance.

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6 #706 November, 2021, 06:37 pm.

Sidetracking a little: I think I remember early in the game Constance talking about how muggle born like herself particularly admire Hermione, but then during events later, she talks about her family, which is nearly entirely composed of wizards and witches, except for her squib brother. Does anybody else remember this or am I confusing her with some minor character in the MoM?

This was one of the reasons I suspected her. The other was that whenever Harry and Hermione discussed the possibility of a mole at the ministry, Constance popped up and joined the conversation, usually with some distraction. That seemed like either an obvious clue or an obvious red herring.

• MontyBishopMontyBishop Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #806 November, 2021, 07:32 pm.

A few monts before, Constance had a dialog with Gareth, before he died, and they mentioned an unbreakable vow between them. I think, that was quite an obvious hint, too.