September 1920s Wizarding World Convergence

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 18 September, 2021, 02:47 am.

Witches and Wizards,

A 1920s Wizarding World Convergence has been reported. 

On 14 September 11 a.m. PT – 16 September 11 p.m. PT, look out for 1920s Portkey Portmanteau, which are only available during this limited time. Unlock them to face an exclusive 1920s Wizarding World Encounter! 

In response to feedback, we have extended the event to start 24 hours earlier than the previously announced start date.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #210 September, 2021, 06:48 pm.

Hi Everyone.

Here is the Infographics for the September 2021- 1920s Wizarding World Convergence :

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #310 September, 2021, 07:11 pm.

Do these tie in to the overall storyline, or just a separate thing?

• kenau007kenau007 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #610 September, 2021, 08:53 pm.

TAHALNYOU: +1

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #811 September, 2021, 12:26 pm.

Not good in Europe 🙄

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #911 September, 2021, 03:30 pm.

There's no special assignment for this event?

• MjwsjeMjwsje Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1512 September, 2021, 03:14 pm.

@Drakonite at least Nia never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #1612 September, 2021, 11:49 pm.

Has anyone seen XPectoGo’s post about this? I’ve learned that I can’t post a photo here without needing to wait a day for it to show up (hopefully the same is not true for links? ), so here’s the Instagram link, for anyone who’s interested:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTvVAa9A-A7/

• RaptorMonitorRaptorMonitor Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1713 September, 2021, 08:52 pm.

Are the portkeys a certain color or glow?

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #1813 September, 2021, 09:56 pm.

@RaptorMonitor if its like last time, the 1920's portkeys will be glowing teal, all of them - there is no differentiation between pages/foundables like the dragon eggs (sadly).

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1914 September, 2021, 02:41 pm.
  • xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #2014 September, 2021, 04:30 pm.

Could you at least update the dates and times of this event IN GAME? The page still has the August dates and times.

You've changes the dates and times, and not all players check the forums.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #2114 September, 2021, 06:07 pm.

@hpwulola is the event 48 hours or 60 hours? Both the special events page and the free gift countdown say it's only 2 days but that doesn't jive with what you've said on here.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #2214 September, 2021, 06:23 pm.

@hpwulola the assignment tab is all white and when I press it, I get a black screen that I can not get back out of until I force closed the game. Is HPWU uploading the special assignment for this event? If not, may we access our daily assignment?

Thank you very much for all your help 😊

• PreciousOnePreciousOne Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2314 September, 2021, 06:44 pm.

I am showing the event on the main page counting down but it still says 1 day and 23 hours so I can’t see the assignment! I even got the pop up about the event when I started my game. Anyone else have this issue?

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited September 14 #2414 September, 2021, 06:51 pm.

@hpwulola same here: the assignment tab is all white and when I press it, I get a black screen. Can not access daily tasks.

Edited - everything ok after this message was posted.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,592 mod
    #2514 September, 2021, 07:14 pm.

Hey everyone! The event will end on 16th September at 11 p.m. PT as per the announcements. The event duration displayed in-app will be corrected.

@Djea This event does not have any Special Assignments. If you're experiencing trouble opening the Tasks menu, please try downloading all assets from the in-app settings and try again. Thank you!

• WendoriniWendorini Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2614 September, 2021, 07:36 pm.

“If you're experiencing trouble opening the Tasks menu, please try downloading all assets from the in-app settings and try again”

is this the only solution? To down load all assets will take me an hour and use a huge amount of storage on my phone. If more than one of us are experiencing the icon for tasks being white and the showing the black screen of death if selected, surely it is a game issue?

#2714 September, 2021, 07:57 pm.

@Wendorini I’m not seeing “the screen of death” that you’re seeing. Are you talking about your main tasks menu to complete your regular daily assignments? Because there are no special assignments/tasks for this event.

• AMslimfordyAMslimfordy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2814 September, 2021, 08:23 pm.

Echoing others. The tasks tab is all white. If I click on it (such as to access daily tasks), I get stuck on a black screen. Therefore I am unable to collect my daily rewards such as spell energy.

I tried downloading assets (which should NOT be the solution; this is a core functionality and should not require additional 100+MB download) but it stalls at the last file. Cancelling and attempting again

#2914 September, 2021, 09:25 pm.

@Drakonite that video was super helpful and informative, thank you! Especially as someone with an iPhone, trying to wrap my head around the AdventureSync issue has been murky. I’ve understood why people are frustrated but haven’t had much of the backstory. This really broke things down.

• TasteDaTangTasteDaTang Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #3014 September, 2021, 09:29 pm.

I'm glad to see there's no task list.

Seems the team least understood what a terrible idea it was to have tasks forcing people to open portkeys to find this and this and this fragments with adventure sync broken and various regions in lockdown.

What they really should have done was change the message this time around, not even call it an event, but just highlight it as an opportunity to pick up 1920s portkeys at your leisure for those who can walk and exercise... or just take it easy for those who cannot... and hey, here's 2 free keys for use now or in the future!

No need to grab pitchforks over something that's 100% optional. Just pick up the keys and take the day off.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #3114 September, 2021, 10:02 pm.

Are you aware that some people are color blind? The difference between brilliant and regular portkeys is enough contrast. But the dark blue/gray difference is tough, especially while out walking in the sun.

Could you possibly make the 1920s portkeys red, green or yellow?