A way to avoid the pesky restart error!

SashaVonBSashaVonB Posts: 21 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 02 September, 2021, 09:11 am.

This is cross-posted from Report a Bug because I think it will help a lot of folks! If, like me, you’ve lost a ton of precious potions and spell energy tackling upper level chambers secondary to the immensely poorly timed restart error, READ THIS!!!

I scoured the interwebs for a fix since Niantic doesn’t seem to care (?), and discovered that the restart error/app crash is likely to happen when you select more than one potion in a wizarding challenge. The recommendation was to wait until the bubbles show and the first potion(s) say/s already in use. If you select the next potion before these, you get the error. I tested this and it worked!

Also read that if you quit the app ASAP rather than hit the reset button provided, it takes you back to where you were. I haven’t tried this yet with a trace, but it WORKED in a wizarding chamber!

Best bet is to be sure to add potions carefully as this takes less time than restarting app (important in those higher level chambers!). Hope this helps some peeps - potions take a dang long time to brew and I have paid a pretty penny on lots because of this issue. 😭

Comments

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #201 September, 2021, 08:53 pm.

Thank you for this! Folks here have been talking about this, and it definitely helped me yesterday in Dark chamber 1 after I’d already been bounced a couple times. 

The thing we’re also asking is: if this is a known “fix”, then why can’t there be some kind of mention of it IN THE GAME? At least until they fix it. It could certainly save folks some lost resources and maintain the point of the game, which is to HAVE FUNNNN! (ya knowwww?)

• SashaVonBSashaVonB Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #302 September, 2021, 03:24 am.

Right??? Such a great game but oh so many bugs. 🙃

• fionajfionaj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #402 September, 2021, 09:11 am.

Thank you for this! I've been tearing my hair out with this!