Keeps crashing

AlexTheWizardAlexTheWizard Posts: 5 ✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 22 September, 2021, 02:19 pm.

My game keeps crashing while I'm in the tower. My internet connection is fine here. It is wasting a heap of my potions and spell energy and it's very frustrating. I can't finish one if the tasks because I can't complete the chambers due to it crashing.

It started happening about a month ago. This is when my app was crashing from opening spell energy gifts too. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• ProfessorRettopProfessorRettop Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #526 August, 2021, 08:55 pm.

Same issue Knight Bus crashing 2x out of 4. Doesn't put me back in when I sign back on.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    edited August 27 #627 August, 2021, 12:10 am.

Add me to the list of those having problems with Knight Bus crashing. I just got kicked out of the chamber. When I get back in I can't start potions, I get Server Errors, I wait foreever to get into the battle, and I'm booted back to the chamber start. I've ended up letting myself get knocked out so the others in the chamber know I'm there and trying. And now I'm poised to get credit for a Dark V that I could do nothing more than pass a Proficiency Charm. I couldn't defeat a single foe.

For the first time I'm seriously considering dropping this game. It just gets worse and worse.

• TaiwammaTaiwamma Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #727 August, 2021, 12:45 am.

So frustrating! I have a ton of energy gifts I cannot open, left numerous teammates in the lurch when I crashed out (so sorry), and lost so many potions. Ridiculous how cumbersome this game is getting...

• NicdugNicdug Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #827 August, 2021, 07:24 am.

Same here can’t open spell energy and Ive been kicked out 5 times trying to do the highest chamber task.... wasted so many potions and energy, getting to the point of deleting the app out of frustration

• BorckyBorcky Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #927 August, 2021, 10:28 am.

Same here! I’ve wasted numerous potions because of this restart!! It’s so frustrating!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1027 August, 2021, 11:06 am.

make sure that if you use more than one potion at once or after 1st potion you wanna click out of the potions selection popup you WAIT for the bubbles animation to FINISH. Otherwise forts/adver will crash.

• BrandaanBrandaan Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1127 August, 2021, 12:42 pm.

@Drakonite that's really helpful! I tried 4 potions this way in Dark Chamber 5 . So far, so good. Wasn't kicked out.

@HPWUblue @hpwulola if this is a confirmed solution for others too, could you please bring it over as a workaround, until the programmers solve the bug?

• JEBMedlockJEBMedlock Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1227 August, 2021, 01:46 pm.

This has happened to me, too. I’ve used a ton of exstimulo potions and it says I haven’t used any on the bonus task assignment. It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to finish the task list because I don’t want to waste more potions and get kicked out of the dark chamber again.

• IMAY1990IMAY1990 Posts: 1
    #1327 August, 2021, 03:03 pm.

I have this issue, even when I don't activate multiple potions at once. Its lost me at least 10 potions over the past day alone, trying to finish the "complete a wizarding challenge i your highest chamber" assignment

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27 #1427 August, 2021, 03:22 pm.

@JEBMedlock infog's says any, but only the basic extims will count for the bonus task, not strong/potent ones. Thankfully granian hair are plentiful and basic ones are very easy/fast to brew.

• SempraNoxSempraNox Posts: 1
    #1527 August, 2021, 04:19 pm.

Yes!! Its driving me insane. Got kicked out of Dark V twice in a row just now and lost countless spell energy and potions. Im now out of spell energy & cant even open any spell energy gifts. They really need to fix all these fundamental problems. The game is becoming impossible to play. 😩

• SergiusRodrigusSergiusRodrigus Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1627 August, 2021, 06:24 pm.

Me too. Is there someone working on it?

• BlackTiger206BlackTiger206 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1728 August, 2021, 08:28 am.

Same thing has happened to me, too! I've been kicked out 4 times today while competing solo in Dark Chamber V. I've lost a load of Potent Extimulo and Healing potions and a number of Wit Sharpening potions as well. So frickin frustrating! I'm not going to finish the event because I don't want to lose any more potions!

• VarsseVarsse Posts: 1
    #1828 August, 2021, 10:35 am.

The result is the same every time I go into the highest chamber. Lost a ton of the best potions. Absolutely nothing wrong with my network. Completely fed up with this, sending so much time and effort and there's no way of finishing the event because there's once again problems on the app.

Seems that there's always something wrong, especially during the events.

• IamStacyPIamStacyP Posts: 1
    #1928 August, 2021, 05:08 pm.

I am also getting kicked from Dark V and cannot complete the brilliant bonus event. @NianticVK @Niantic official JP please help! What can be done here?

• sundragon53sundragon53 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2028 August, 2021, 05:27 pm.

The same thing is happening with me when I enter the Dark Chamber I. I cannot complete one of the tasks because it is my highest chamber. My game keeps crashing as well when I try to collect spells and gifts also.

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #2128 August, 2021, 05:56 pm.

I also had this problem, it kicked me out 5 times in dark v.

I realized too late that you should not hit that restart button! Instead close the game with your phone and restart it yourself. That way the game seemed to realize I'd been lost and as long as you don't touch the map for a few seconds it would open back up the chamber I was in!

I feel really bad because I was the only magizoo on the team twice that it kicked me and I couldn't return. Lost potions too. :(

• JeffGoldbroomJeffGoldbroom Posts: 3
    #2228 August, 2021, 07:59 pm.

I've been kicked a number of times from team battles on Dark V, often as the only auror. This bug is significantly impacting my gameplay

• ARMAGH8811ARMAGH8811 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2328 August, 2021, 08:35 pm.

Every time I am in Dark Chamber 5 it crashes.

• SeriousoffblackSeriousoffblack Posts: 1
    #2428 August, 2021, 09:53 pm.

Same here. So annoying to keep losing potions for no reason

• ShftyEyedGoatShftyEyedGoat Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2505 September, 2021, 06:01 pm.

Same for me but on Level 1 Dark Chamber. Lotta wasted potions due to this glitch. I think it happens when clicking too fast. Last time I used a potion and tried to click out and back to the match and it crashed. Same thing seems to happen when I use a field charm and enter inn/greenhouse or a trace. Like use the trace and click on something immediately the game can't handle it and crashes.

Regardless...for the amount of potions needed for these events this is a pretty crappy bug to let us waste resources on.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    #2605 September, 2021, 08:40 pm.

I was pretty nervous going in to finish my Forest and Dark chamber tasks, but I just did it with no errors. So I have to ask if anyone else has had the experience I just had: namely that it seemed the foe levels in these chambers were much easier than usual. Is this a sign that someone at Niantic has heard us?

Here’s what I mean: I did Forest-1 for my Forest tasks and the foes I encountered there were at about the difficulty level I would normally expect in Tower 2-3. So then I moved on to my Dark chamber tasks, and the foes I encountered in D-1 we’re at about the level I would normally expect in low Forest chambers.

So… did someone see/hear us and adjust the gameplay? Or was this a fluke?

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    #2706 September, 2021, 03:08 am.

Ok I’ll follow up my previous comment with this one: I’ve now made it through all high-level chambers without crashing and the two things I’ve been doing are:

• When in the potions vault, I only choose one potion at a time (if I need to “stack” potions, I do it in multiple trips to the potions vault), and
    • When I choose a potion, I let the bubble animation finish bubbling before clicking back to gameplay.

Not sure if this will help everyone but I’ve had my share of crashes and today I had none. Maybe it’s because they’re fixing the issues? Or maybe ^these tips I’ve learned in these community boards are helping me. So. Passing them along.

• MadgrinMadgrin Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #2809 September, 2021, 12:10 am.

I’ve had 2x crashes in Dark V in the last 24 hours, after wasting potions to try to finish the chamber after other players very obviously crashed out. We were crushing it in coordinated fashion, so no one had any reason to leave. This issue is very much not gone. It’s making one of the few more interesting parts of this game virtually unplayable. Needs to be addressed promptly.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2909 September, 2021, 12:22 am.

the recent potions have too much magical content. drink it slowly, do not chug it. 😌

• MdsbdrMdsbdr Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited September 10 #3010 September, 2021, 01:32 pm.

sorry to say that i was thrown out of the knight bus twice while fighting along g with three other people in dark V. The first time i was allowed back, but the second time i coulant. I am sorry for the other ones (and myself of course).

Post edited by Mdsbdr on
  • Goughi92Goughi92 Posts: 1
    #3122 September, 2021, 01:36 pm.

This has happened to me twice tonight in Dark V. I was nearly done both times. Wasted so much spell energy and potions. I doubt they will reimburse us. This problem has happened for AGES and they won't fix the bug. Plus, I have no energy on my map, nor ingredients to brew more potions. I'm at a loss. It has officially stopped being fun.