August Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 23 August, 2021, 08:31 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Stock up on joke products, Community Day is coming 21 August. Encounter more Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes Traces and earn guaranteed drops from Forest Chamber IV and above to prestige your page!

On Saturday, 21 August from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time, prepare to have a laugh with the following:

• Increased sightings of the Proprietor George Weasley, Proprietor Fred Weasley, Lee Jordan and Puking Pastilles Display.
  • Special 1km Portkey that rewards the Flying Ford Anglia.
  • Guaranteed Skiving Snackbox from Wizarding Chambers when using Wonders of the Wizarding World Runestones.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 34 ✭✭✭
    edited August 17 #217 August, 2021, 06:45 pm.

I hope the Flying Ford Anglia is boosted, too! If not, then this event hasn't been "adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are" as we'd have to open 5 Portkeys to complete the tasks. Without Adventure Sync for most Android users.

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    #317 August, 2021, 07:28 pm.

That statement has been a joke for ages. We have pickup tasks, low spawn rates, visit greenhouse, etc that clearly aren’t play at home.

• evolenoevoleno Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #417 August, 2021, 07:55 pm.

NO Tonic for Trace Detection _reduced_ brew time reduction, again?

• SkambrentSkambrent Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #717 August, 2021, 11:18 pm.

I will say that because I work a third shift I wasn't able to participate in community days before the pandemic, and I know I'm not alone. Still, it seems like they could at least keep the overall quality of the event the same while extending the number of playable hours.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #818 August, 2021, 12:48 am.

Isn’t this a repeat community day? No way I would have this specific page on gold otherwise? But at least I can finish up green starring George I think? Or Fred? Or George? Lol

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #918 August, 2021, 05:38 am.

Hi Everyone!

Here are the August Community Day Infographics based on the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes!

Enjoy!

• CapnRonCapnRon Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1018 August, 2021, 06:10 am.

What happened to the RSB (green books) we got cheated out of during the July adversaries event and were promised they would be added to the August community day? I tried to attach a screenshot of the quote from Lola but it didn't work.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1118 August, 2021, 06:36 am.

@CapnRon they were given in Aug. peter and marauders event.

• CapnRonCapnRon Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1218 August, 2021, 07:41 am.

What happened to the RSB (green books) we got cheated out of during the July adversaries event and were promised they would be added to the August community day?

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1319 August, 2021, 03:58 pm.

No more of the reduction in TTD brewing for these events? I always saved up as much as I could, and even spent gold to increase my supply. I hope this is added to the event.

I hope you'll re-evaluate these events soon. They are getting boring to those of us who have had everything on gold frames for months.

• SourdredesangSourdredesang Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited August 19 #1419 August, 2021, 08:54 pm.

I don't have all of my pages at gold. It just so happens that I do need 4 of the flying ford anglia. But, I won't be getting those since distance still isn't being credited. Is there anything that I can do/provide to you, Niantic, to help solve this issue? I'm sure your people are much more clever than I am about the game mechanics, etc. However, I am extremely frustrated since the portmanteaus are being randomly opened and each time it happens, I keep thinking that maybe the issue is fixed. But, it's not. Maybe you could just have them opened once a day, instead of once every 3 or 4 days. That would be better than missing out on all the stuff we could be getting by going the extra kilometer. And maybe give us that are affected credit for the trace charm so we can complete our daily tasks and stop losing out on that teeny bit of daily gold.

• caitie68caitie68 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1520 August, 2021, 04:09 am.

Wow, five portkeys need to be completed in 24 hours? Or get them from encounters, OK, well I hope I get encounters, because I'm in lockdown and on android so it feels like otherwise I'm being motivated to break health directives. The announcement doesn't mention there being cars in encounters, but the home made graphic of the tasks does. I guess I'll have to see if it's possible before committing to the event. I may have just met the second event that I can not do. (Last one was because I didn't know and hadn't guessed there was a bonus assignment, and happily ran late finishing, only to discover a time challange that I couldn't complete despite throwing everything at it.)

(The degree of motivation to break health directives that is the 1920s event on an android is maddening. I'm only meant to leave the house once a day for exercise, but, if I fake walk my portmanteaus the kilometre, I only need to walk two or three houses of real walking to get them to open. Doing that three or four times a day is ok isn't it? Isn't it? Yeah? Except that it's explicitly not allowed. Doing it makes me feel awful. Sitting here really wanting to and not doing it also doesn't feel great. Thanks Niantic.)

• Duckbeak206Duckbeak206 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    #1620 August, 2021, 02:51 pm.

@CapnRon it was decided that the 5 from Peter adversary event are the same 5. You had to finish the bonus of that event to get them.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    #1720 August, 2021, 07:54 pm.

@Sourdredesang you can get the cars from traces on the map.

• BereccaBerecca Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1820 August, 2021, 08:54 pm.

Sciving snack boxes not dropping with wonders of wizard of world runestones and can’t pick up port keys to get cars!! Help!!

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #1921 August, 2021, 04:38 am.

@caitie68 looks like there are Flying Cars boosted in the wild, had one pop up right at the start of the event.

• NicSullyNicSully Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2021 August, 2021, 07:35 am.

Yep, lots of cars in the wild, you shouldn't need to use the portkeys. I've had a decent amount of skiving snackboxes even from Ruins chambers, but you're more likely to get them from the higher chambers.

• KenSadLuKenSadLu Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2321 August, 2021, 01:50 pm.
    • Guaranteed Skiving Snackbox from Wizarding Chambers when using Wonders of the Wizarding World Runestones.

@hpwulola I’ve had multiple instances today where I used a WWW runestone and did not get a skiving snackbox. Why is that happening if they are guaranteed? Thanks.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited August 21 #2421 August, 2021, 02:10 pm.

Another event, another network error that results in being completely kicked out and having to start over. It's happened THREE TIMES in less than 30 minutes, twice when trying to activate Extimulo potions and once when collecting the daily rewards.😡

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #2521 August, 2021, 03:22 pm.

@KenSadLu if you want more open skiving snackbox, try more get ruins chamber V.

@UltimateG4ming i just finishing task only because i got all prestige gold too.

• BlueDreadchildBlueDreadchild Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2621 August, 2021, 03:28 pm.

I am also not getting the Skiving snackbox by using the WWW runestones. It has happened 3 times, one of those in Forrest Chamber II. I am wasting energy and potions. It doesn’t help that this is happening right after I lost 1920s portkeys an hour before the event was over yesterday. Please fix these issues.

• moorecatsmoorecats Posts: 1
    #2821 August, 2021, 04:53 pm.

My foundables are not cou ting towards what I need to complete the assignment. Puking Pastilles, Lee Jordan, even the Sniving Snackbox from Forest 4 did not count. How can I complete this of they aren't counting ?

• MASGingerMASGinger Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2921 August, 2021, 04:57 pm.

In the last hour, I’ve received four errors while in challenges and not been able to reconnect to the battle, so I’ve lost those runestones.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    #3021 August, 2021, 07:06 pm.

I’ve used 5 (five) master notes and still only have been given credit for 3 (three)!!

• AmanochAmanoch Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #3121 August, 2021, 07:43 pm.

Having lots of issues with this event. Getting kicked out of challenges, got 3 skiving snack boxes that didn't credit to my assignments. This has been a super frustrating day...looks like for a lot of players.