Need help from Mods/ Cannot login/ Cannot play

BlaineBBlaineB Posts: 8 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 11 August, 2021, 01:00 pm.

I am writing this on behalf of my mother, whose Facebook has mysteriously been deleted, due to a possible hack or Facebook issue, the account that has been deleted was connected to my mother’s account and now she cannot login to wizards unite and has been logged out ever since. She has not added another way to save game data but when looked at from my friends list her account is still there. We have no other way to access her account, and have played since day one. We have sent an email to which no response has been sent back. If there is anyone who has any knowledge that can help or know who to contact please help. If this helps at all her pokemon go account that was connected to the same Facebook account still works. She really wants to play this new brilliant event but cannot due to this issue can anyone help, thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #231 May, 2021, 09:30 pm.

@HPWUblue might be able to help, but you might get better help if you contact niantic support directly:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&contact=1 as they will most likely need to verify account holder info and such, might have to log you in gmail/apple id and disconnect fb or some such.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,646 mod
    #331 May, 2021, 09:50 pm.

Thank you @Drakonite!

Hi @BlaineB As Drakonite suggested please reach out to our support using the above link and provide as many details about your mother's account as possible. If you've already tried reaching out and have not received any responses or your inquiry has been closed by the system, please share the ticket number. I'll look into it!

• BlaineBBlaineB Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #401 June, 2021, 01:11 am.

@HPWUblue Someone did finally end up responding, but they said to try to contact Facebook, but Facebook has no good way to contact them, so we are kinda stuck. The help ticket number is 13487325. Her in game name is April B, thanks.

#501 June, 2021, 09:03 pm.

@BlaineB Thanks for sharing the ticket number. You're required to share the email address to verify account ownership. We located a account with Code Name - AprilB, but its email address is hidden. This can happen in two situations:

• your mother may have created the Facebook account with a mobile number
    • or have declined to share the Facebook email address with Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

I can share steps to resolve this problem (to allow us to see the email address) to help us verify your ownership, but you would have to first recover the Facebook account.

Please try this link: facebook.com/help/105487009541643

Note: Please do not share the email address or any other PII here.

#601 June, 2021, 09:45 pm.

@HPWUblue We have tried that previously with trying to get access with Facebook and at this point its a lost cause. We are currently just trying to get access to wizards unite. Is there anyway you can get access to my mothers account and link a gmail to the account so we can login, Facebook has not made this easy and we have no way to reach them and none of there sites are helping. Thanks so much for the help!

#702 June, 2021, 03:28 pm.

Hi @BlaineB One of my colleagues will be reaching out to you shortly on the same email thread and will let you know the next steps.

#802 June, 2021, 03:33 pm.

Okay thank you so much @HPWUBlue!

#905 June, 2021, 02:33 am.

@HPWUblue Sorry for making another message, but my mother sent a reply to the colleague that you sent to help us and she has got no response. Is there anyway that you can mention to them that we have sent a reply. Again, sorry but my mother would really like to try to complete this event with the little time we have left.

edited June 8 #1008 June, 2021, 10:01 am.

@BlaineB Hi again! We've asked for a few more details via the same email thread. Please take your time to carefully go through them and get back to us at your convenience. Thank you.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
    #1108 June, 2021, 08:57 pm.

@HPWUblue Thank you hopefully this will be fixed soon!

#1311 June, 2021, 12:10 pm.

@BlaineB I'm happy to hear that. Thank you for sharing!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1431 July, 2021, 11:27 pm.

Hi @HPWUblue 👋

I know y'all have a lot going on. And we'll appreciate the coming bug fixes.

Can I ask for your help? A local player in our discord group is having similar issue this.

@Gopher67 need help recovering their account. They can't post here due the account issue.

From @Gopher67 " My player name is Gopher67. I changed accounts on the 27th. I want to connect my new FB acct to the game. Ok here’s my deal. I had to create a new FB acct (not hacked but not gonna go into more details) and when I try to access the game it keeps connecting to the one connected to my old account. Niantic support bots can't get me to the correct place when I contacted them. Can you help?"

#1501 August, 2021, 12:58 am.

@BlaineB do you have any tips or advice for @Gopher67 that could help them get their account back?

#1601 August, 2021, 08:22 am.
    #1702 August, 2021, 12:41 pm.

@Owlx Are they still able to access their old Facebook account? If yes, they should be able to log in to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and add a backup Google login method > Re-log but with Google login method > Re-link Facebook login method with the new account.

#1802 August, 2021, 01:45 pm.

@HPWUblue thank you for replying. Asking them now...

edited August 2 #1902 August, 2021, 02:43 pm.

@HPWUblue Yes @Gopher67 can access their old FB account. But when they try what you suggest it

" I do that it doesn’t link to my game. It starts me over. Also do I need a new email acct for this? [email protected] my main gmail account for this right now."

"What I need is step by step instructions."

#2003 August, 2021, 04:19 am.

@Owlx I can't confirm if their account is currently linked with the old Facebook account or the new one.

" I do that it doesn’t link to my game. It starts me over."

If they haven't tried Account Linking, their in-app account should still be associated with the old Facebook account and they should be able to login using that.

It starts me over.

It creates a new Harry Potter: Wizards Unite account if you try to log in with an unused email address (example: the new Facebook account).

Note: Don't do this!

"[email protected] my main gmail account for this right now."

Any Gmail account that's not already linked with a Niantic title should do!

#2103 August, 2021, 04:23 am.
    Steps by step instructions:

Requirements:

• The old Facebook account is still associated with your Harry Potter: Wizards Unite account
    • The new Facebook account is not associated with ANY Niantic titles (Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Pokémon GO, Ingress, etc.,)
    • Any google account that's not associated with ANY Niantic titles (Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Pokémon GO, Ingress, etc.,)

Steps:

1. Log in with your OLD Facebook account (Important: Do not log in with the new Facebook account. Doing so will create a new Harry Potter: Wizards Unite account)
    2. Go to in-app settings > Help/ Legal > Tap on the option to link a Google Account as your secondary login method and select/ add your google account
    3. Then, sign out from the app and sign in again but using the newly added Google account this time
    4. Go to in-app settings > Help/ Legal > Remove facebook login method (old account)
    5. On the same page, add the new Facebook account as you did with the Google account in step 2

If they're experiencing trouble with step 1, it's better for them to reach out using this form. Select Sign-in Issue under the issue type dropdown menu and explain their concerns.

#2205 August, 2021, 12:58 pm.

@HPWUblue

From @Gopher67

"That’s the same thing Niantic tried to have me do when I contacted them. No dice."

If those steps aren't working to recover their account is there anything else to try?

#2310 August, 2021, 06:46 am.

@Owlx Are they unable to log in to the forum either?

I went through @Gopher67's support tickets and can confirm that their Harry Potter: Wizards Unite account is still linked with the old Facebook account. There is no login activity on their account for some time now which could mean they're trying to log in with the wrong Facebook account. A screen recording of the issue would be helpful. Essentially, I want to make sure they aren't exiting the app right after tapping on the Facebook login method (I've observed that nothing happens for few seconds).

• SleepdevilyangSleepdevilyang Posts: 2
    #2410 August, 2021, 09:08 am.

I can't login with my google account. And Magically I can register a new account in the same phone just after I clean the old data. And it just in few minutes ago I was playing my original account. What did you done to my google account?

I just argued with other player about "defit" issue. DID YOU GUYS DO IT ON PURPOSE?

#2510 August, 2021, 10:56 am.

Hey @Sleepdevilyang Your "Sleepdevilyang" account is safe! It looks like you've created a new account using the Facebook login method. Not to worry, sign out from the current account and try again with the Google login method to access the right account. Let me know if you need more help.

#2610 August, 2021, 12:47 pm.

Good morning @HPWUblue in a conversation with @Gopher67 this morning (8/10/2021), I think we discovered the root of their issue. They can log into the OLD FB account. ( each log in delays the OLD FB account deletion date)

As I understand it, the permission linking the GOOD WU account to the OLD FB account was removed from the FB site, and cannot be re-added from that account. This is causing all attempts to log in to the GOOD WU account to fail.

Today @Gopher67 has contacted Niantic support via the link you provided earlier. They provided email, game ID, and FB account in the support form. Could you see if you can help this along from the form they submitted? They have been getting the same steps you have already provided that are not working for the reasons listed above.

@Gopher67 plays no other Niantic games and has a new google and FB account that could be attached to the original WU account if they can only gain login access.

Also, @Gopher67 can not log into the forum because of the same issue.

#2710 August, 2021, 01:48 pm.

@HPWUblue ok digging further the old FB has an active WU linked app in settings. I think the New FB is linked to the new WU. Meeting up with @Gopher67 in person tomorrow to try to sort it out.

#2811 August, 2021, 01:00 pm.

@Owlx If the new Facebook account is linked to another account, the safest way to resolve this situation would be to unlink the new Facebook by adding a new/ any Google account that you don't need as the secondary login method. Note: At this step, new Facebook is the primary login method.

We can only unlink the secondary login method. So, you must re-login using the newly added Google account to swap the primary login method. Note: At this (second) step, new Facebook would be the secondary login method and can be removed/ un-linked.

I hope this is not confusing. Please refer to Account Linking for more details. Thank you!