Allow players create Inn and greenhouse location..

JennythepimpleJennythepimple Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 23 September, 2021, 01:16 pm.

Please allow players can create inn and greenhouse location, specially for those who doesn't live in a city or new project area... If PG can do this, why not WU?

Comments

• OlgaMalfoyOlgaMalfoy Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #204 June, 2021, 11:13 am.

@Jennythepimple I think it started by ingress. Niantics other game and then pogo. I hear the requirements for players to submit was easier than now. But the guidelines are pretty rough now.

I wish they kept it was unlimited submissions though.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 June, 2021, 12:34 pm.

It started by ingress, still doable w a lv 12 ingress acct that (basically now) connects/links to wayfarer, as does pogo lv38-40+. I'd love it if we could nominate inn/gh/fort(s), but somehow considering how much of a flop this game's considered...I dont expect it to happen (ever), which is sad.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #405 June, 2021, 09:47 am.

As an Ingress agent who has been part of these games since 2014. No unlimited POI submissions... please no.

My eyes still burn from the things I saw during the Operation Portal Recon...

#505 June, 2021, 12:17 pm.

no one said anything about unlimited, but if you are only playing wu in rural/sub area and you dont have ingress/pogo you are SOL in terms of POI nominations, allowing WU to nominate stuff like ingress/pogo can thru wayfarer could solve that, at least youd be able to nominate.

If you live in a city/urban environ. youre gold, otherwise in many cases niantic's games are downright unplayable.

• GwendyddWylltGwendyddWyllt Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #605 June, 2021, 12:27 pm.

Started playing Ingress in 2012, then PoGo as soon as it was released, now Wizards. Please no to unlimited submissions. A close up of a picture in someone’s garage within a gated community and worse was not uncommon in Ingress. The wider popularity of PoGo cause a lot of locations to be removed because of player disrespect for property. Operation Recon cut down on and cleared up a lot of duplication. I feel some of the pain of rural players as I’m in a fairly rural area myself, but unlimited is unmanageable. That said, I think Wizards does need a way to submit locations and given the storyline, where very ordinary looking things are very extraordinary in the wizarding world, I would like to see the rules for approval updated accordingly.

#705 June, 2021, 05:27 pm.

@Drakonite I was referring to Olgamalfoys comment about wishing for unlimited submissions.

@GwendyddWyllt I'm glad you had private garages during your OPR days. I didnt get private garages... I got grotesque bodily parts and food that should be 1 star rated in a restaurant let alone in OPR. 😅😅

#805 June, 2021, 06:02 pm.

@AltarielValice oh i complete didnt read that lol, I have selective reading/hearing when something is not of -any- interest :P

#905 June, 2021, 07:48 pm.

Of course! I wouldn't have expected otherwise 🙂

#1006 June, 2021, 09:41 pm.

yep, self aware -enough- to not pretend otherwise. :)

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    #1127 June, 2021, 09:26 am.

I was looking for a thread like this. Do we have to get to three years in HPWU for us to be allowed nominations? How many would you think is feasible?

Pokémon GO gets 7 every 13 days. Ingress gets 14 every 13 days.

So if you’re the right level in both that’s 21. Maybe 7 for HPWU to get to 28?

• selenarpselenarp Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1207 July, 2021, 05:05 pm.

I live in a rural area and we have a huge baseball/ volleyball/ playground complex that is not recognized in the game and I can't understand why. How can I submit this area for consideration in HPWU

#1307 July, 2021, 05:40 pm.

@selenarp you can check with your local communities and see if you have any Pokemon go or Ingress agents who have the ability to submit POIs. Keep in mind its not an easy process but it's your best option.

#1402 August, 2021, 02:47 pm.

the other option is to create a pogo acct and see which events you can use to speed-lvl up to lv 40, then you can use wayfarer and nominate your own POIs, ofc that doesnt mean that every nomination will make it in the game, but at least some will.

#1523 August, 2021, 11:37 am.

With Pokémon GO nominations turned off, this would have been a good time for WB to sneak HPWU nominations under the radar.

• ThBurrowThBurrow Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #1624 August, 2021, 04:17 pm.

Agreed!!

• WizardWill84WizardWill84 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1703 September, 2021, 01:49 pm.

Been able to submit areas for greenhouses or Inns would be great.

A tie in feature with points of interest from Google Maps etc would help with the selection process.

Living in a newer built area I often need to travel to find Inn's and Greenhouses.

Where as I pass a number of public parks etc on my way to finding the Inn's

#1804 September, 2021, 04:44 pm.

Pokémon GO and Ingress can now both submit nominations using existing photos.

Any news about Harry Potter: Wizards Unite getting a slice of the submission goodness?

#1910 September, 2021, 02:47 pm.

Adding more. Pokémon GO also has an Upload Later feature. Hopefully it comes to Ingress too, and then to HPWU along with nominations.

• JodieClawJodieClaw Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2012 September, 2021, 03:11 pm.

^^^ This! ^^^

#2113 September, 2021, 01:04 pm.

Coming back to this thread again. Maybe it is on the way?

Yes, Brian (Ingress Producer) and I are talking about it for Ingress :) I'll look into whether Ingress wants to bring a few other things into parity with PGO (and in the future with other games) in terms of submission distance limits etc.

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #2222 September, 2021, 10:33 pm.

yes please! I have the ability to submit submissions through pogo (17 have gone through, 10 accepted, (the other 7 were my first, no great nominations), but I would like to see others in HPWU be able to do the same. Level 50 and up please!

• AllTheMugglesAllTheMuggles Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited September 23 #2323 September, 2021, 06:18 am.

Checking with your local community to see about getting a POI added would be possible if one knew where said community could be found... And since someone has added at least 3 new POI in my immediate vicinity in the last few weeks, I'd love to be part of this active community. (ZIP 20191)

1. Is a local community on this forum?

2. Is a local community accessible in Wayfarer? In Ingress or PGO?

3. I've read somewhere recently on this forum that one has to be level 10 in Ingress and level 40 in PGO to be able to submit or adjudicate POI submissions and that seems to be carried over as a requirement for Wayfarer now too. I REALLY do not want to play a whole other game just to be able to take part in the POI process. How long would it take to get to levels 10/40 in these games?

4. My dripping disdain for Niantic as a company that has come about as a result of playing HPWU since September 2019 is quickly ratcheting up the more I read about the POI submissions issues, the Twin Cities POI issues, 1920s boycott, and now the Open Letter. My love of all things HP is the only thing keeping me here and I really want to know why I should keep playing.... I've already stopped paying.

Why am I even here today?

Post edited by AllTheMuggles on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23 #2423 September, 2021, 07:03 am.

i think its much faster leveling up on PGO than ingress, ingress while could get "exp" doing solo it need "other player/faction action" to leveling up faster. on PGO almost every action give exp and doing raid give u better exp ( still, on PGO you need other faction action too for daily coin income).

thats from my experience (though i had not playing ingress for long time now, so its probably not really accurate)

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2523 September, 2021, 01:16 pm.

@AllTheMuggles Ingress has a chat feature, and you can chat with other local players. If you're lucky, you could find someone who is willing to submit new POIs for you. However, even if a new POI is created it's not clear how long it will take to appear in HPWU.

As far as your disdain for Niantic, HPWU is a partnership between Niantic and WB games. Although they don't tell us who is responsible for what, I'd suspect that the day to day management and decisions about the game rest with WB because they own the IP rights and are very protective of them. I think that Niantic has gotten a lot of hate due to HPWU that they might not deserve.