Second Year Anniversary Event

Comments

• SerennuSerennu Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #6218 June, 2021, 05:32 pm.

@hpwulola thanks for taking on board people's disappointment at the 2nd anniversary event.

Can I request on behalf of players that have Adventure Sync issues that you prioritise fixing this before releasing new portmanteaus please? Is there a timescale on a fix?

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #6318 June, 2021, 06:09 pm.

For information on the 1920's Foundables take a look at what Resist have uncovered.

https://youtu.be/6in-2MF6NW4

• NhixNhix Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #6518 June, 2021, 07:45 pm.

Looks like our "outrage" has been picked up by this website- https://bleedingcool.com/games/harry-potter-wizards-unite-announced-2nd-anniversary-event/

wine and chocolate vouchers would do if you want to make up for the event! 😜

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    #6618 June, 2021, 10:19 pm.

Has there been any clarification on whether "Open Portkeys" refers to unlocking portmanteaus or actually using the portkeys? It used to be that when it meant to unlock them, it was stated that way, but lately it seems less certain. I have several already unlocked and several in the process so I want to know if I need to save them or be careful not to finish the ones that are close.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6718 June, 2021, 10:40 pm.

@CeruleanGirl if you have pre-walked portks ready to open they wont count, they need to be locked w key(s) in and unlocked/walked after event starts for you/any1 else. If you have the gold key in a portk and 1km walked out of 2,5km then that portk will count for task. if the kettle is waiting for you in portks vault it wont.

#6818 June, 2021, 11:17 pm.

@Drakonite When they used to say "Unlock" they meant actually unlock the portmanteau, and when they said "Open" they meant actually utilize the portkey. Somewhere along the way, they seem to have forgotten the difference. If the wording is "Open" as it says in the infographic, but they mean "Unlock," they really should word it that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited June 19 #6919 June, 2021, 04:36 am.

So the actual greenhouse task says harvest a plant 3 times from a greenhouse? Doesn't that mean we have to plant seeds and harvest 3 times? Along with unlocking 4 portkeys in 2 days? The recent portkeys I'm finding are not 1km either. This event has definitely not been adjusted to play wherever you are. Too much work, too little time, no significant reason to try. I'm out. Going to enjoy my weekend and just collect whatever comes up that's interesting.

Post edited by enTrained on
  • LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    #7019 June, 2021, 05:22 am.

Thanks @hpwulola and team for listening and making the change.

However, I may sound ungrateful, but this is still not a great anniversary event. A few more boosts, such as a reduction to brewing; Trace Tonics lasting longer; increased Field Guides and/or Ministry Manuals; increased odds of item drops from returning foundables (potions, coins etc.); would have made it a proper celebration. Hopefully you can start doing something different for future events because current events are stale and need something to freshen them up.

Also have the same question as Serennu: Is there any hope AS will be fixed for people on Android 9 and below before the 1920's Wizarding World Convergence is launched?

• RavenniRavenni Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #7219 June, 2021, 08:02 am.

What am I supposed to do. I can't visit greenhouses or open portkeys while having to self isolate

#7419 June, 2021, 08:50 am.

Ah, see, the wording is actually “Obtain 4 Portkeys by unlocking portmanteaus.” That’s completely different than “Open 4 Portkeys.”

• NystrumNystrum Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #7619 June, 2021, 10:38 am.

Second task (formidable enemies) talked about how many Wizarding Challenge rooms have been completed by the community. Another nice one, hearing about the community accomplishments is cool.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #7719 June, 2021, 11:14 am.

Congratulations with the 2nd year anniversary and for keeping me busy from day 1 ;)

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #7819 June, 2021, 01:07 pm.

I just found in finishing task, there's a hidden update release for description :

Will be for end of HPWU or will be continue for next endless? We need waiting for next episode again.

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    #7919 June, 2021, 05:15 pm.

**** did constance say when I completed the Dumbledore task? Was that a quote I don't remember?

Something like

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    #8019 June, 2021, 05:43 pm.

Advisary encounters NOT registering towards the task of 1500 XP from fortress or Advisary encounters.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    #8119 June, 2021, 06:20 pm.

First of all, thank you for the change in making all Emergency foundables boosted - that has really upped my enjoyment of the event, allowing me to make progress in both my SOS nodes and likely get to Level 58 before the weekend is over.

That said, it is abundantly clear that the dev team phoned it in on this event and put as little effort as possible. For example, I expected some dialogue when completing the 8 Dumbledore tasks to tie into his fights against Grindelwald and Voldemort or reveal some never before revealed connection between him and the fight against the Calamity. No, it was just Constance telling me I was "somebody now." Huh?? If you aren't going to put in the effort to make the events fun and engaging, please don't make the events at all.

• KenSadLuKenSadLu Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #8219 June, 2021, 07:01 pm.

I’m not seeing any port keys? I have space but they aren’t appearing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#8319 June, 2021, 10:42 pm.

I haven’t seen a single Dumbledore. Lots of other red beams but none are him.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    #8420 June, 2021, 12:06 am.

...Did Constance tell me I was nothing? Really?

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #8520 June, 2021, 12:30 am.

@ENTRAINED it just means "get ingredients from greenhouses." I, too, was worried that it meant I had to grow something.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #8620 June, 2021, 12:49 am.

@hpwulola Thank you for responding and putting all the emergency foundables into the event. I think I didn't realize at first that wasn't the plan. I agree with a lot of the suggestions for the future up top, but I don't agree with the negativity. I've been playing this since June of 2019 and, while I have suggestions (like put instructions somewhere), I'm a bit put off by the people who think not getting what they want is some vast conspiracy. Someone referred to the "majority of players" being pissed off and leaving, but I don't think the majority is on this forum.

Yes, it would be nice to incentivize people to play dark chambers. Personally, I'm outraged when we have to do "Forest IV or Above" and almost everyone wants to JUST do Forest IV - the thing that takes the least amount of effort or risk. Which is exactly what they accuse the @HPWUTeam of doing.

I would like to ask something, though, of the players who participate in this forum. Please stop using initials. I'm a veteran player and I refer to the rewards in the game as red books, green books, red books with chain, grey SOS books, and workbooks. When @RWOLF91 wrote above "50% chance to get a RSB on D5" I had to look up what RSB was. New players are not going to understand any better. (Although instructions would help. Just sayin')

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    #8720 June, 2021, 04:10 am.

Thank you @VoiceMaster and @Drakonite. I'm still going not going to worry about the tasks on this event. I can't finish 4 portkeys, so I'm just collecting emergency foundables and building up my potions from the adversaries event. If I happen to finish a task, great, but not worrying about it.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #8820 June, 2021, 05:01 am.

Great event. I didn't read carefully and thought we only had one day. I was able to finish the event and finally level up to 60. The red flare boost has been amazing. I'm accumulating MOM books faster than ever. A great last minute addition. The stories are cool too, but they also remind me how many hours I've spent playing. I guess I didn't really need to think about that. OUCH.

Thanks HPWU team.

edited June 20 #8920 June, 2021, 06:17 am.

Sooo, I am still sitting at 2/8 Dumbledores. Is anyone else having trouble with this? TTDs don’t seem to be helping, I got the two I have while out running errands earlier.

Update: Well, I’m three TTDs in without a single Dumbledore from any of them. I really don’t want to have to leave my husband alone on Father’s Day to go out searching for him so it seems this is going to be the first event that I don’t finish. I’m disappointed but I’m not sure what else I can do. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Post edited by CeruleanGirl on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #9020 June, 2021, 07:06 am.

my dumbledore task from TTD is about 1 or 2 per TTD. the last task completed with trace charm usage

#9120 June, 2021, 07:37 am.

@Kodokmag I just used a fourth TTD and got one Dumbledore. I used my last Trace Charm and got two more, so I am now at 5/8. I might run out tomorrow while my husband is checking his emails for the day but I can’t devote too much time to it. We’ll see.