Unforgivable Truth Brilliant Event – Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,221 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 28 June, 2021, 06:01 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Hermione's secret mission to uncover the identity of The Unforgivable's mole continues. Will she root out the corruption? Or will The Unforgivable be one step ahead again?

Return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Hogwarts Trapdoor Chamber during Part 2 of the The Unforgivable Truth Brilliant Event, starting June 21 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Wizard Chess Knight - Wizarding Challenges
  • Broken-Winged Key - Tasks
  • Underground Chambers Trapdoor - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Philosopher’s Stone - Encounter
  • Brilliant Three-Headed Dog - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #218 June, 2021, 12:26 am.

bombarda spell and oddities?

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    #420 June, 2021, 05:29 am.

Are self-playing harps going to be boosted? I don't see them often near me

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #521 June, 2021, 06:49 am.

Portkeys all cleared out ready. Just need to top up my spell energy a bit before this evening and then I’ll be all sorted. I enjoy Brilliant Events and this one seems it’ll actually move the story forward, so I’m interested to see what happens next month.

• ZoeStarrZoeStarr Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 21 #621 June, 2021, 07:57 pm.

I'm having the issue of no KB or any foundables again. 🤔

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited June 21 #721 June, 2021, 09:13 pm.

Feedback based on 3hrs of play - on stage I

• Three headed dogs (THD) are rare - even with TTD just not really appearing right now - basically no real event foundables appearing this time?!
    • No harps have appeared (boosted) even with TTD?

Interesting BUG just encountered...

After waiting on THDs to appear, two appeared, I used trace charm - third appeared but suddenly ALL had changed to Philosophers stone - the two dogs had converted over?!?

Restarted and corrected - THD reappeared but... another BUG -- counts are wrong? Collected 12 dogs but only showing as 11 on event page? I would screenshot to demo - BUT if I go to registry, it will cause runestone collection and cause the wait till stage II to be in vain.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    #921 June, 2021, 10:40 pm.

@CeruleanGirl , there are Self-Playing Harps out there. I have returned a few of them while working on the 1/4 Special Assignment. I have not seen any during the 2/4 Special Assignment but I am confident that I will have them by the time that I complete the Master Notes requirement. Good luck 🤞

• McMuggles70McMuggles70 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1021 June, 2021, 10:51 pm.

Ummm...anyone else getting Brilliant Dragon Eggs?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1121 June, 2021, 10:58 pm.

@McMuggles70 We get traces from Part 1 of a Brilliant Event during Part 2. That's the way it has always worked.

• McMuggles70McMuggles70 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1221 June, 2021, 10:59 pm.

Omg. Thank you!

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #1421 June, 2021, 11:26 pm.

I am also not seeing Harps using TFTD. I've noticed this before, such as with Dumbledore during last event. The only way to get them is to use lots of TFTD or find them just randomly in the wild.

I get zero spawns or ingredients in my home, so rely on TFTD unless I'm out and about. I'll be walking tomorrow morning. Maybe then I'll see them.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1521 June, 2021, 11:54 pm.

@Not4u13 I finally got two on my fourth TTD. I used another Trace Charm on the first one and it didn't duplicate, but luckily the TTD spawned another one. And of course I have gotten 2 or 3 since then because once you finish the task, the trace you needed is everywhere.

😂

I really didn't want to have to go out to find them because it's about 110F here right now. I try not to go out unless I absolutely have to!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    #1622 June, 2021, 04:37 am.

2 TTFD 0 self-playing harps.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1722 June, 2021, 08:42 am.

@hpwulola I don't see any harps at all. Ran 4 TTDs till now but no spawn at all. Is it even in the event spawn pool? Something that's related to the event shouldn't be this ultra rare!

• therealrosietherealrosie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1822 June, 2021, 10:08 am.

Honestly, what’s the point in trying with this event when I still can’t load the game on mobile data. I’m very disappointed the time and money I’ve spent is wasted now.

• aolcotaolcot Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1922 June, 2021, 12:11 pm.

Not a single harp yet seen so far either at any point, although I keep seeing the wanted poster, which also happens to be a high rated foundable from the same family! have to ask, has the correct foundable been boosted here?

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #2022 June, 2021, 12:45 pm.

As I suspected, I went for a walk this morning and found about 5 harps in less than an hour.

I was also seeing twice as many three headed dogs to every philosophers stones yesterday and the first half hour of my walk, but patience paid off as the ratio switched in the last half hour.

I'm now onto page 4 tasks. It's really going very quickly. We have a week, so my best advice for those struggling right now is to keep playing at least a little each day and you should complete the event within the time allotment.

Also a shout out for Snowdrop. I might get through a day of brewing today without having to buy Snowdrop!

• EammonnEammonn Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2122 June, 2021, 01:32 pm.

I'm in the same boat as @CeruleanGirl . Two TTD's quaffed, only one Self Playing Harp. Very annoying. Also did the charm and it didn't duplicate.

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    #2422 June, 2021, 05:41 pm.

P.S. I don't expect to see many traces at all, while sitting in my office. Unemployment isn't a virtue to me, not that I'm suggesting that anyone who has an easier time finding needed traces than I am is willingly unemployed. The point is, when I am out an about, I need useful traces to appear. I only have so much time before I have to be back in my office.

I've haven't used a TTD yet, because I have noticed that the boost for wanted traces does seem to increase as the event goes on. Could this be programmed into the game to cause people to spend TTDs? Could it be that Niantic notices and increases the boost? If only the lesson would take permanently, instead of requiring complaints for them to take action.

• NhixNhix Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited June 22 #2522 June, 2021, 06:18 pm.

I haven't seen any self playing harps today. Been out and about for a while but nothing all day. I'm not spending ttd as I have 6 days to complete the final task. It was hard enough to get the first 3 for the first task!

The trace isn't really boosted. If it is, then only for ttd. Tbh, I haven't really seen many harps in my area even with the ttd. So this so called 'boosts' has only been upped by a notch maybe?

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #2622 June, 2021, 07:13 pm.

It's just the same flawed task design as always (see https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/78193); I really don't understand why they stick to these types of quests, which are bound to be frustrating for some players; and they would be supereasy to fix, without any additional work for them...

@CeruleanGirl, @Eammonn : When you use the trace charm on a foundable from a TTD you don't get the duplicate (although you might be lucky that among the random traces from the charm you get one that you need). The duplicate only appears from regular foundables or foundables from DDs.

• GoldmareGoldmare Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2722 June, 2021, 07:53 pm.

Hi, is anyone else having problems collecting fragments from the fortress?? I've used loads of event runestones on different levels and only got 1 foundable. Any help please.

#2822 June, 2021, 08:11 pm.

@Goldmare it is best to stick to one chamber until you get your fragments. I hope that works for you, too.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    #3023 June, 2021, 12:30 am.

Why just Spell Books as rewards?

See they’re saving DADA books for bonus completion.

Stingy!!

#3123 June, 2021, 02:11 am.

@WitchHiker the brilliant event gives 5 DADA books each upon completion of 4/4 and bonus special assignments.