Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event - Part 1

Comments

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    #3205 May, 2021, 05:02 pm.

Perception vs. reality - can definitely skew your beliefs but fortunately, metrics and observations can help prove theories.

I previously kept counts on prior events and could see marked differences depending upon stage and what was needed.

Just recently, moving from stage one - three headed dogs outnumbered mooncalfs 4 to 1, finished stage 1 and it flipped. Could this happen by chance or design - more likely by design. Maybe they have timings set which could explain the coincidence (still be design) but still causes frustration to players.

I am now on stage 4 - I need adults mooncalfs. Prior to this stage, they were semi-rare, ~1 every 2hours (did not record as didn't think a metric I would need to capture - so from memory but definitely more frequent than NOW), but ZERO have appeared (6-7hours) but I have seen a boost in the other magizoology traces - maybe the boost logic is not perfect and boosts more than the one type and the boost is lowered based on stage - only the developer know but why not... force more TTDs, make more "potential" money.

Speak of the devil - 1st adult mooncalf appeared - that makes 1 in 6hours.

It most be noted - I am also basing this by playing in a static single medium/high spawn area. If you move already, different factors come into play.

edited May 5 #3305 May, 2021, 05:06 pm.

time for a test - post bits to see which triggers the approval.

#3405 May, 2021, 05:08 pm.

So - no approval when broken out... but as a whole.... cannot submit. So is it based on size of post....

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,417 mod
    edited May 5 #3505 May, 2021, 05:28 pm.

@C4tmonster 😓

When I received 5 new notifications that you've commented on this post, I thought I must've accidentally approved your duplicate posts instead of dismissing them!

I'll be deleting your "experimental posts" now if you don't mind...😀

Edit: I recommend sending one long post over splitting them into fractions as there's a high chance of mistaking it for spamming.

Edit2: Our moderation filters are here to keep this forum family-friendly and safe. Your posts may end up in the moderation queue for different reasons, but I or our team will be here to publish your posts ASAP!

edited May 5 #3605 May, 2021, 06:31 pm.

@HPWUblue - please feel free to delete the broken out "experimental" posts. Posted many times never had the "approval" message before and I likely submitted a number of times as initially never saw the small message in bottom left.

Just remember Big Brother is always watching ;)

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited May 5 #3705 May, 2021, 06:59 pm.

Hi! Event/ task icon is white. If you tap on it screen goes black

• CheekyNifflerCheekyNiffler Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3805 May, 2021, 07:47 pm.

Has anyone shed any light on the lack of adult Mooncalf traces yet? I have had only 1 each day for 2 days! And I have been out to the supermarket or for a walk both days!

Even using TFTD, and at a different time using a Trace charm on one of the Mooncalf traces, no more appeared... loads of Erumpent and Three-Headed Dogs though! Very frustrating...

Also, is there a metric or a guide to what sort of extra traces will appear when you use a trace charm on a specific type of trace? Or is it random?

#3905 May, 2021, 07:59 pm.

@CheekyNiffler - similar experiences since reaching stage 4.

I have recorded the following Magizoology "yellow" traces since 6am this morning (9hrs):

Mooncalf = 1

Bowtruckles = 6

Erumpent = 2

So if Mooncalf is boosted for event it is only boosted if outside of stage 4?

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    #4005 May, 2021, 08:11 pm.

I think it's all a bit of luck, I completed the event and bonus in 11 hours (while working part of that time and playing on breaks) using 4 TTDs and 2 BBEs. Everything I needed spawned between the TTDs and the short walk I took after work. So I don't think there's any vast conspiracy regarding spawns.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #4105 May, 2021, 08:14 pm.

@Not4u13 i don’t understand how you don’t see the traces shift. Maybe it’s not for a money grab and simply to prolong event play, but it’s beyond obvious and one thing I really hate about this game. It’s extremely obvious when I use a TTD that straddles two stages. I’m using a ttd, getting tons of brilliant traces, but not the one I need. Then when I finally get the last one I need and now need a different brilliant trade, what do you know? I’m stuck getting the previous one over and over and over.

#4205 May, 2021, 09:00 pm.

@Klc5048 - location, location, location. Some are definitely luckier based on their location. I'm at stage4 which is far into the event, but I am continuing to notice a discrepancy in the spawns based on stage. Now 10hrs and the stats remain at:

Mooncalf = 1

Bowtruckles = 6

Erumpent = 2

So completing the mooncalf challenge is going to be tedious but achievable, if at least 1 spawns a day. Might not finish bonus or suddenly a deluge of mooncalfs might fall from the sky and I will get a chance.

I'm not going to mention the flute - but **** my luck on getting those has also dropped since reaching stage 4 but that is another story y

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭
    #4305 May, 2021, 09:07 pm.

location is about true i think. when i got the adult mooncalf task only seen 1 for 1 TTD but after i got my early morning walk i seen several, even my house got visited once and when opening TTD even more adult mooncalf showing.

so maybe the event tracking our venturing distance? something like if you reach some distance some will unlock?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5 #4405 May, 2021, 09:14 pm.

@hpwulola @Gatorella

”Hi! Event/ task icon is white. If you tap on it screen goes black”

I am seeing the same thing. I can’t get to daily tasks or event tasks. Anyone else?

Update: It’s back!

Post edited by CeruleanGirl on
  • KitCaitsidheKitCaitsidhe Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #4505 May, 2021, 09:27 pm.

My task button went white, also. I downloaded the assets again and it came back.

I haven't seen an adult mooncalf for 2 days.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    #4605 May, 2021, 10:33 pm.

I apologize to the 2 other Magizoologist that I was playing with in Forest Chamber IV. My screen turned black after I clicked on my second foe, and the clock on the button left was not turning. So I turned off my game and restarted it again. By the time I got back in, the last foe was being defeated way ahead of time. Thank you very much for that.

I don't know why this sometimes happens when I am in Forest Chambers III and above. @HPWUTeam would you please let me know if it is a bug or my phone because it is on WiFi and my connection shows up as strong. It has come to the point that I am hesitant everytime we have the higher chambers requirement. I love defeating as much foes as I can and get frustrated when I get the black screen. Thank you very much for listening to my frustrations and for all the help that you have done for me.

• FuriyFuriy Posts: 2
    #4705 May, 2021, 10:43 pm.

Has anyone received a wooden flute? I am on that task and after fifteen trips to the chambers, I still haven’t seen one. Is there some trick to it other than using an event runestone? I would appreciate any insight into completing this task.

• FuriyFuriy Posts: 2
    #4805 May, 2021, 11:38 pm.

Hah! The wrong runestone was being used to try and score the wooden flute. No wonder there was not one to be found.

Face palm and lots of guffaws for me. Actually they’re from me too. But if you can’t laugh, then what’s the point? Onward! And happy spider tipping.

#4906 May, 2021, 12:35 pm.

Adult mooncalf hunt update - 25.5hrs:

• Mooncalf = 2+1 (+1 appeared when field charm worked this time....)
    • Bowtruckles = 9 (sure this one isn't boosted?)
    • Erumpent = 3

• CheeriousCheerious Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #5006 May, 2021, 12:56 pm.

I'm thinking the traces are skewed to location, though TTD does help. Between places near my work, and places near home, I finished the 4 tasks and the bonus within 5 hours.

• LilDebs234LilDebs234 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #5106 May, 2021, 02:23 pm.

2 TTD used and still haven’t found 5 adult mooncalfs, both at home or at work. Frustrating as normally a TTD helps massively but used one yesterday and not a single adult mooncalf appeared. I thought they are meant to be boosted, loads of Flyffy which is nice but doesn’t help when it’s not what you need. I love this game but each events seems to come with its own frustrating flaws.

edited May 6 #5206 May, 2021, 02:38 pm.

Adult mooncalf hunt update - 27.5hrs:

• Mooncalf = 3+2 (+2 appeared when field charm x2)
    • Bowtruckles = 9
    • Erumpent =5

Mooncalfs (boosted? - definitely lowest in stage4)

Completed event stage 4!

Since completing - 2 further mooncalfs have appeared (in 1-hour) so, maybe the spawn rate has been upped, or maybe this is as designed as they think more should be in stage4 now?

Now - let's track Bonus spawns:

Pre-bonus (today since 7am) - 2 adult three head-dogs, 0 since (but only 30mins)

Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment on the bonus hunt... hopefully with field charm - if one appears, should be able to complete.

edited May 6 #5306 May, 2021, 04:49 pm.

Bonus stage update II

Adult three headed dog: 0 (since 9am, 3hrs)

Mooncalf update: 1 further has appeared, so the "same" number has appeared today in 5hrs then in 25hrs prior?!

Continue to stay tuned for the wonderful conclusion of the bonus update....

edited May 6 #5406 May, 2021, 08:52 pm.

Bonus stage update III

Adult three-headed dogs (THD) have gone into hiding and are nowhere to be seen. The local Wizengamot are confused and were certain that more should appear during this critical stage.

Adult three head dog ZERO (since 9am, 7hrs)

Whilst hunting the elusive THD, 3 further Mooncalfs have appeared (6 since completing stage 4, which is 3 more than the prior 25hrs), maybe the THD are scared of all the newly appearing Mooncalfs. Who would blame them, those large doughy eyes are pretty scary!

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter of the THD hunt...

#5507 May, 2021, 02:59 pm.

Bonus Stage update IV

Well, what can I say - I waited almost 24hrs and just like the mystical golden snitch in Quidditch - I caught sight of the legendary three-headed dog. I promptly "charmed" it and finished the task.

Hopefully, everyone else is having success in finding THD, MC, etc... all I need to complete now to finish the bonus stage is chug 15 potions. Trying to do this slowly as mixing potions can have disastrous effects.

• DarkEtherDarkEther Posts: 1
    #5607 May, 2021, 05:17 pm.

Mooncalfs.....I've been using tonics and have seen 1 all day.

Anyone else having issues?

• nefsypwnsnefsypwns Posts: 1
    #5707 May, 2021, 05:19 pm.

After waiting hours while throwing down TTDs, TWO adult mooncalves got whisked away after one unsuccessful great trace, and a strong extimulo potion active.... This is driving me insane. The earlier comments about deliberately skewed encounter odds have been true as far as my experience is concerned too. Baby THD and baby mooncalf frequency flipped exactly as I went from part 1 to part 2 of the quests.... And now suddenly the adult mooncalves are not in the mood to be freed? Hmm.

edited May 7 #5807 May, 2021, 11:30 pm.

While walking an extra 2 hours after harvesting the Snowdrops that I planted in the 2 greenhouses earlier, I completed the bonus assignment without noticing it. Has anyone noticed that using the greenhouse charm while harvesting guarantees that you will get the same plant? And after you plant, there's an increase of the same plant spawning on the map? Needless to say, I have enough Snowdrops for a few days.

@HPWUTeam thank you very much again for not specifying how and which potions to use. It gave me the freedom to use them on Dark Marks, emergency/severe traces and fortress challenges. You have once again provided a very enjoyable and challenging Brilliant Event. ☺️

@rubbinstein thank you very much for the gold gift. 😊 It has made me determined to earn enough ministry manuals and DADA books to take the "Preferred Client" Calamity Essentials III training.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭
    #5908 May, 2021, 12:22 am.

there is a "timed" window which if you cast greenhouse charm after planting (harvesting) on the same greenhouse. you can cast several GH charm with results the same ingredient with the harvesting one (maybe twice?)

i also knew this recently, i think someone had mention about this before in another post

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #6008 May, 2021, 06:08 am.

@Kodokmag there's something glitch GH after planting harvest (example : after plant harvest using celeste *greenhouse charm* will result spawn plant harvest not random ingerients). We need to fixed up.

edited May 8 #6108 May, 2021, 10:10 pm.

@Yohanes12 I hope that is a reward rather than a glitch. I like having extra of the ingredient that I planted/harvested.

@Kodokmag do you happen to know the timed window?