Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event - Part 1

HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,680 mod
in Announcements #1 latest comment 13 May, 2021, 06:32 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Hagrid’s Hut Exterior during Part 1 of the The Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event, starting May 3 at 11 a.m. PT.

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 1

• Hagrid’s Wooden Flute - Wizarding Challenges
  • Baby Acromantula - Tasks
  • Bottle of Acromantula Venom - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Baby Three-Headed Dog - Encounter
  • Brilliant Baby Mooncalf - Encounter

There also will be an increase of the Three-Headed Dog Oddity and Mooncalf Foundable.

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in-game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #330 April, 2021, 06:27 pm.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!

Thank you @HPWUblue !

Heres the Infographics! 💜💜

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #430 April, 2021, 06:53 pm.

defeat the adult dogs means the oddities one isnt it?

kind of strange to only defeat one.

anyway because the adult one is oddities, is it the baby (brilliant) one also have oddity fighting style?

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    #602 May, 2021, 06:03 pm.

Like the boost of an emergency foundable (Fluffy), nice way to rack up some gold gifts I hope! Though I live in a desert where it doesn't rain much so that page is still silver as I wait on Azkaban Escapees.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #803 May, 2021, 03:47 am.

I agree @Klc5048 , the boost of the 3 headed dog will be nice. I use my trace charm on him often as I have that page gold and get 55 MOM every time I place him. Hoping you collect a lot of MOM this event!

#903 May, 2021, 04:06 am.

What's left now is, are they will really be boosted. 😬

aiming for ministry manual farm. 🙊

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3 #1003 May, 2021, 06:37 pm.

37mins into event and no event foundables have appeared?

58mins and still ZERO event foundables

1hr 28mins and still ZERO event foundable. I closed application, checked for updates (none) and re-opened. Still NONE.

Post edited by C4tmonster on
  • Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1103 May, 2021, 06:46 pm.

@Kodokmag The Brilliant Baby 3 headed dog is a Flipendo spell.

• Groundwalker80Groundwalker80 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1203 May, 2021, 07:01 pm.

Again you improperly balanced the appearance of 2nd task foundables for the 1st task when using a Tonic for Trace Detection. I think about 15 baby three-headed dog foundables appeared, where only 8 of the baby mooncalf foundables appeared. I imagine when I'm on the 2nd task if I need to use a tonic for it, then the roles will be reversed as is your typical programming misstep.

edited May 3 #1303 May, 2021, 07:29 pm.

@Groundwalker80 - at least something is appearing, getting no event foundables even now with TTD.

1hr 40min update - first event trace/foundable has now appeared... that was a waste of time waiting...

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1403 May, 2021, 08:29 pm.

I have not seen an single adult Mooncalf, since once the event started. It should be a yellow stripe Magizoology spawn, but the only hard Magizoology spawns have been Erumpents. Used three TTDs, too. Plenty of Three-Headed Dogs have spawned, at least, but it doesn't look like Mooncalfs have the increased spawn rate, too.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3 #1503 May, 2021, 08:43 pm.

@Groundwalker80 I disagree. I got 11 baby mooncalf on one TfTD between 11:30 am and noon. In my experience, the odds change during Brilliant Events.

I am not so lucky with 3 headed dogs. I have not seen any, so far (only one Oddities dragon).

• Groundwalker80Groundwalker80 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited May 3 #1603 May, 2021, 08:51 pm.

@Djea I'm on the second task and guess what happened. I'm 20 minutes into a TfTD and 10 brilliant baby mooncalf foundables have shown up to the 3 brilliant baby three-headed dogs (which are actually needed for the second task).

Edit: 14 Brilliant Baby Mooncalf and 9 Brilliant Baby Three-Headed Dog for the duration of the TfTD while on the second task.

#1703 May, 2021, 11:17 pm.

Two TFTD and not a single adult 3 headed dog. Took a short walk. Nothing. So much for the hope they would be boosted. Stopped on task 2.

Remember everyone. Task 3 is a collect Runestone task. Do NOT collect enough of any BE fragments to place an image until you have started Task 3.

#1803 May, 2021, 11:40 pm.

My 1 adult 3 headed dog come out after about 1 portkey opened.

And @Not4u13 glad i read your post so i cold stop my baby mooncalf at 19. So close LoL

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #1904 May, 2021, 12:21 am.

I just looking for baby three headed dog, but pixie make disturbed to get meat one too.

@Kodokmag empty your portkey to next CD, looks like is a hard to find.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2004 May, 2021, 05:08 am.

Well, two TTDs and one adult Mooncalf from each. Guess I’m just going to have to use up half of my TTDs to find 5. 🤷🏼‍♀️

#2104 May, 2021, 10:19 am.

just aestetic but this part 1 page is hiding hagrid flute and the bottle at the bottom page (or maybe its just my small old phone screen LoL)

• WebqatchWebqatch Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2304 May, 2021, 01:55 pm.

There will also be an increase of the Three-Headed Dog Oddity and Mooncalf Foundable.

I have gotten (literally) dozens of Three-Headed Dogs (yay for extra Ministry Manuals!!) but have only seen a total of five (most before I got to Part 4) adult mooncalf foundables. I've used 4 TTDs so far, and only one has produced so much as a single additional adult mooncalf.

Is there an issue with the spawn rate for this trace? Is there a specific place I need to try to get to while unable to leave my house due to pandemic rules?

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2404 May, 2021, 02:30 pm.

Why is this event so unbalanced? I've seen exactly 1 adult three headed dog and used 5 TFTD's since the event started. And the one I found was in the wild, not from a potion, and of course it glitched away not giving me credit in the registry (luckily the task was credited, but no field guides or fragment counts rewarded). PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVERS TO NOT GLITCH SO MUCH

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    #2504 May, 2021, 02:50 pm.

Good to see new content for brilliant foundables (and not just a reused existing foundable with an additional purple layer).

Kudos to the dev team!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #2604 May, 2021, 03:27 pm.

I wonder if they are planning to use these adorable babies as part of a new Care of Magical Creatures registry page...

• WebqatchWebqatch Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2704 May, 2021, 08:49 pm.

Follow-up from earlier post... after roughly six additional (plus the four from before) TTDs, I finally got my FIVE mooncalfs and proceeded to the bonus.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    #2805 May, 2021, 10:36 am.

@C4tmonster So correct regarding sneakiness of developers.

Trace you need does not appear but what not needed appears.

EVERY TIME, EVERY EVENT!! @HPWUTeam

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #2905 May, 2021, 12:26 pm.

I check mooncalf on TTD, but isn't here. Looks like we need manual find trace for looking mooncalf.

@Djea i hope there's mid month is a update for HPWU too.

#3005 May, 2021, 02:22 pm.

I realize that these forums are often used as an outlet for the frustration of players who are not happy with the way the gameplay is developing and there seems to be a particular animosity regarding trace frequency.

I find zero evidence to suggest that event required traces are dialed back or that there is an intentional shift in what appears on the map that is opposite of what is needed. There are times when boosted traces don't appear to be boosted and it is certainly true that when chances of encountering specific traces are increased, other traces may appear less frequently, but without a doubt, traces needed to complete tasks are not hidden or shifted for some nefarious purpose such as a money grab. It's just not true.

It is entirely possible that players will see more of a particular trace in their area and it could appear to skew results one way or another, but it does seem to balance out over time. I have placed both BE event traces twice now and this last time I had about 17 and 19 traces of each when I arrived at the bonus task.

Adult mooncalf and adult three headed dog may be boosted, but only slightly. They are not appearing LESS often.

edited May 5 #3105 May, 2021, 04:28 pm.

So a change - they now are monitoring posts and will not allow them without approval!

"your comment will appear after it is approved"

Is this an open forum? My post contains no bad language and just provides a response?

Post edited by C4tmonster on