May Adversaries Event 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,162 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 May, 2021, 12:50 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Prepare to face the relentless members of the Malfoy family!

From April 30 at 11 a.m. PT – May 3 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased Adversary sightings of members of the Malfoy family
  • Increased Death Eater Oddities on the Map
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Guaranteed Sword of Gryffindor in Dark Chamber I and above
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP and Energy Rewards from completing Wizarding Challenges.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #228 April, 2021, 06:43 pm.

Another discount for brewing time. 🤔

looks like we are getting more into new normal. 🤨

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #428 April, 2021, 07:36 pm.

As always there is a Quick Reference with the latest info and tips here:

Check out the task list...

https://www.taskforcetimes.news/event-quick-reference

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #528 April, 2021, 07:39 pm.

@hpwulola "Guaranteed Sword of Gryffindor in Dark Chamber I and above". Do you need to use the Mysterious Artefacts Runestones?

• NystrumNystrum Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited April 28 #628 April, 2021, 08:56 pm.

Me: ”For the safety of all, Narcissa, I must defeat you!”

Dark Witch: “You will have to fight me first!”

Me: “Why do you work for Narcissa? Please leave her, you aren’t evil, you just took the wrong path, it isn’t too late. Look into my eyes and believe!”

Dark Witch: “Why do you persist in trying to redeem me? You cannot help me. Your feelings about me will never change me.”

Me: “Darn it … hopefully you at least have a Defense Against the Dark Arts book …”

• DjeaDjea Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    #728 April, 2021, 09:17 pm.

@HPWUTeam May we please have more spawns of Snowdrops on the map, too?

Thank you very much for all your hard work in making this event so much fun, and for all the rewards. 😊

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #828 April, 2021, 10:14 pm.

I HATE Narcissa!! Last night, it took me 30 spells to defeat her (with a strong exstimulo potion, which was a waste, because she dodged 4 out of 5) and an entire inning of a baseball game. Really happy to see we only have to defeat her twice to complete the tasks.

#928 April, 2021, 11:43 pm.

Anyway, looks like there are no extimulo ingredient boost this time. So stock up/grow/pick/gift those before this event starting.

• apm1117apm1117 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1029 April, 2021, 01:30 am.

So sad at the blatant cash grab of offering only 25% reduction in brew time for potions. 50% was way better and encouraged me to use and spend more but with this? No thanks!

• dRomersdRomers Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1129 April, 2021, 01:24 pm.

Can you fix the adventure sync first? I walked 4.9 km today according to Google fit, but it registered 0........

• HannagerHannager Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1230 April, 2021, 07:49 am.

How 0ften does everyone manage to dodge attacks from adversaries? I'm a professor with only the first two dodge lessons unlocked (so 15%) which I know isn't much but I have still never dodged anything! Is that normal?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #1330 April, 2021, 08:32 am.

@Hannager accuracy for foe is 15%. Second lesson dodge is not enough for dodge. If you want dodge, try get third lessons dodge.

• ModestyPerksModestyPerks Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited April 30 #1430 April, 2021, 06:33 pm.

Anyone else having issues with the game? I keep glitching out. Was in a dark 5 and could t do anything. Think my teammates had the same issue because when I was finally back nobody was fighting and we still has 19 foes to fight!!

when I try to restart the game it keeps saying my Internet connection got lost, but that is not true.

shame I just popped a BBE before I started playing 😟 can’t open my gifts for today or anything....

also cannot put in new potions and do the master notes for the task and had it al planned out to do this as quickly as possible and take advantage of my night (CET time zone)

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #1530 April, 2021, 06:42 pm.

@ModestyPerks I had some trouble on the Knight Bus too. Very glitchy for one battle. It was fine then. I got my two swords so I haven’t been back in. I’ll avoid it for a while now in case there are more issues.

• CthragSardiusCthragSardius Posts: 1
    #1630 April, 2021, 06:48 pm.

I tried dark chamber 1 challenge and the game crashed, wouldn't reload for 20 minutes, now everything takes ages to register. Has the event broken wizard challenges again??

• HannagerHannager Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1730 April, 2021, 07:33 pm.

Thanks @Yohanes12 🙂

• AmiraBo89AmiraBo89 Posts: 1
    #1830 April, 2021, 08:35 pm.

the appearance of adversaries should be constant some countries still have movement restrictions

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #1930 April, 2021, 08:57 pm.

Lovely “Malfoy” event. Haven’t seen one Draco or Narcissa since it started. 🙄

• LobLob Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #2001 May, 2021, 12:17 am.

I've had 3 aragogs and 1 fenrir so far. Lol.

• Melanthius1007Melanthius1007 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2101 May, 2021, 01:06 am.

I've gotten kicked out of 2 of the adversary challenge twice now. Once when I was about 2 hits from taking down Narcissa and the 2nd I was 1 hit from taking the Dark Wizard. 🤨 Just kicked me out. No error and I did get any of the rewards I had already earned.

• SmolfinSmolfin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2201 May, 2021, 04:33 am.

Ugh - these Adversary events are sooooo tedious and such a resource hog. I’d just started to get my potions stocked back up and now they’ll be gone again. Each time I battle I go through at least 6 or 7 potions ......and we have to battle how many times?!! Seems like there really isn’t much fun in doing these events anymore - make me sad

edited May 1 #2301 May, 2021, 05:17 am.

Really?

To me only narcissa that kinda like potions black hole. Others usually at most 2 strong extimulo potions or only need 1 if using potent extimulo (ofcourse combined with 1 wit potion for each adversary other than narcissa).

Anyway this event feels like a mother protecting her son so badly, only saw several draco but narcissa everywhere. LoL

Post edited by Kodokmag on
  • DjeaDjea Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    #2401 May, 2021, 05:41 am.

To save potions, just do the 2 Narcissa Malfoy, then just her first guard (no potion needed) until you get all 4 Draco Malfoy. I am still working on Draco and the challenge XP. I'm saving potions for the bonus assignment.

#2501 May, 2021, 05:49 am.

Its great strategy but my narcissa page is still bronze and not event starred yet, so kinda still need many narcissa. LoL

• SHINee0718SHINee0718 Posts: 2
    #2601 May, 2021, 06:58 am.

前回のボス戦イベントからですが、今回も戦っている途中で急に終了になります。2番目の敵と戦っている時やボスとの戦いで強制離脱させられます。奮起薬を使っているのでとても損した気持ちになります。

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2701 May, 2021, 08:06 am.

@ZealmanPlaysYT The sword fragment is extra, with all runestones. Dark 1 and above.

Like the change with the bonus page.

Haven't seen any of the Malfoys yet, just Lockhart..

Not really that bad, I just hope they will come.

• LobLob Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #2801 May, 2021, 08:52 am.

Only seen 1 narcissa so far. 😢

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2901 May, 2021, 11:28 am.

@hpwulola this Death Eater event is nice for gold gifts, but adversary event I'd not call it. I've literally seen 10 DEs per 1 dark mark. I get you (devs) don't want ppl to prestige fast (anymore) but this is ridiculous.

#3001 May, 2021, 11:56 am.

Death eater from adversary chain also count?

I thought its only from the oddities one

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #3101 May, 2021, 12:25 pm.

Please people about the bonus tasks in the in-game messaging. You do it for the brilliant events, why not for these ? Or put a 1/2 on the task page.