A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event – Part 2

Comments

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited April 21 #6221 April, 2021, 10:10 pm.

@Innkst I’ve been stuck on 4 since shortly after game started. And I haven’t seen any Gnome foundables from all the Portkeyes I’ve opened. Ugh.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    #6321 April, 2021, 11:08 pm.

@DCnutz I've seen ZERO sorting hats, too.

• VaiyaVaiya Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #6422 April, 2021, 12:27 am.

@hpwulola, I am also disabled with having Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia; however I am a level 60 player and cannot achieve Masterful in the fourth set of tasks as I have only gotten 23 since the beginning of the game. I have tried repeatedly to the exhaustion of my wrist and hand. This is now the second event that I cannot complete due to unreasonable expectations for many players. I spend a fair amount of money each month on this game and am now at an utter point of frustration. If it was in the bonus, I could survive but to not be able to finish the page (twice now and both due to Masterful requirements in the fourth set of tasks), I'm ready to give up and find another game to play that doesn't require such difficult dexterity. Can you please help?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    #6522 April, 2021, 02:23 am.

@WitchHiker looks like someone is disguised like a episode goblet of fire, or maybe is Moody Mad?? Same like is a Junior.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #6622 April, 2021, 02:47 am.

@CaptainMajor I have been hacking away at Flipendo for two days. FINALLY got one. Then I saw your hack. Now I'm not going to stress about it. Thank you!

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    #6722 April, 2021, 03:23 am.

@CaptainMajor huge thank you, it never occurred to me to look up ways to trick the system. I would have never finished the event without that little hint! Thank you again!

• InnkstInnkst Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #6822 April, 2021, 05:16 am.

@WitchHiker ****, too bad...

I picked up 10 brilliant purple porkeys and all had gnomes.

Saw 2 sorting hats since event started! Low xp though, got 200 for the second one. Expected more.

I tried the flipendo trick, but it didn't seem to work. Used 2 tonics in a row and didn't get any masterful. Then stumbled upon Mirror of Erisen, used dawdle draught and it gave me lots of trials in a row. Was able to get masterful there to my huge huge surprise. I have already given up on this event in my mind!

That is the hardest of all the spells. It is indeed strange to pick masterful for the set of tasks. I had many masterfuls on other spells, but I don't think ever on this one.

• SpyderBenSpyderBen Posts: 1
    #6922 April, 2021, 05:59 am.

I’ve tried every method on the Masterful flipendo task, but no joy! This is probably the dumbest task created for this game! Thanks for pushing more people away from this game! I’ve been playing Wizards Unite since it’s launch and frankly it’s time to say goodbye!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #7022 April, 2021, 07:26 am.

The 2 masterful flipendos are definitely very difficult. I was able to complete this requirement (1st) during my second walk of the day and (2nd) at the end of my 2nd Tonic for Trace Detection (for the 4/4 assignment). I had to clean my phone with lens cleaners to make sure that there's no drag while I lightly traced the flipendos. I got very lucky that I was able to complete this requirement within a day and a half of trying; it is rare that I get a masterful flipendo (even more rare with aguamenti). So far, I have used a total of 6 Tonics for Trace Detection to complete the first 4 Special Assignments. I am taking my time with the bonus assignment to give my wrist and thumb a chance to heal.

@HPWUTeam I am grateful for the challenge but people are correct that masterfuls should be in the bonus assignment. I have a friend who finds it difficult to complete the core assignments, and I hope she will be able to complete this one. People definitely can not say that this is a boring event. 😊 Thank you very much for the fun event, and for the ingredients on the map tomorrow. I am going to keep my phone on to pick up as much of the ingredients that I can.

• HarmonyBellsHarmonyBells Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited April 22 #7122 April, 2021, 07:57 am.

Thank you Lola and @HPWUTeam.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #7222 April, 2021, 09:38 am.

@HPWUTeam I love the use 15 any potions assignment. It gives me the chance to use it on Dark Marks instead of the fortress Dark Chamber 5. Thank you very much 😊

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    #7322 April, 2021, 09:54 am.

@Djea save your edm, because there's more adveseries task to use more edm too.

BE is now expert mode, so be prepared for the next BE.

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #7422 April, 2021, 10:31 am.

Just another long tedious slog (so called “Event”).

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    #7522 April, 2021, 12:43 pm.

2-day of the silly masterful challenge - in the run up to the 4th event, I managed 3, since trying in final just 1 in 2-days. The hardest part for me is any great always catches which gives you 1 attempt and then the wait for the next to appear (so not much chance to practice).

Many of my greats are just a fraction below the masterful. I will keep trying 4-days left and I'm hoping I can complete but zero chance of bonus this time around.

• CorgiWalkerCorgiWalker Posts: 2
    #7622 April, 2021, 04:07 pm.

2 masterful flipendos?

seriously?

due to phone issues, medical issues and just plain poor fine motor coordination many people are unable to complete this step .

just complete it for everyone

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    #7822 April, 2021, 04:29 pm.

As expected, I'm now stuck on the 2 Masterful flippendo spells on the final task list. I was able to manage a couple on previous tasks when it didn't count so I know it's not impossible, but I'm now having problems even seeing enough of them to actually practice or simply get lucky. I'm consistently getting great casts, but almost all of those foundables are at such low levels that I return them instantly without ability to try again to get a masterful cast - and there's not many more around, even with a TTD. I've tried the workarounds with no luck, and again not enough traces to really practice or try new things. UGH.

I realize there are still 4 days for the event, but I don't know how much longer I'll keep trying before rage quitting. This is a REALLY terrible task in the main task list @hpwulola @HPWUTeam

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    #7922 April, 2021, 10:56 pm.

I was able to get 1/2 of the masterful flipendo spell casts so far, but have only managed greats on the few I've seen since then. I've tried speed and accuracy but neither seem to be doing the trick. Used two or three exstimulos and no luck. Hoping I get there with enough time for bonus!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8022 April, 2021, 11:45 pm.

There is "angel push" to skip from hpwulola in another post, if anyone give up on that masterfull task isnt it? 🤔

• CorgiWalkerCorgiWalker Posts: 2
    edited April 23 #8123 April, 2021, 12:38 am.

hpwulola

@hpwulola

Can’t get the second master flipendo. Aggravated my carpal tunnel syndrome trying too many times.

please finish it for me

playing since day 1 and this is just too hard for many of us.

Thanks in advance

@hpwulola

@HPWUTeam

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    #8223 April, 2021, 02:30 am.

As an update, the Beaters Bat saved the day for me! Took a walk and saw a beaters bat, and somehow got a Masterful on it, then a rememberall and Quidditch Luna with just greats then another Beaters Bat and got it Masterful first try. As I think about it more, at least one other one I previously got Masterful on was a beaters bat so I wonder if that is maybe a bit easier to do? Just a thought for others having trouble completing the task. But again, I had to take a walk to complete it so it may not be doable from home as promised.

• DobbilisaDobbilisa Posts: 2
    #8323 April, 2021, 02:52 am.

I have been unable to do the two traces, l have tried till my hand hurt. Have severe arthritis. This is an unreasonable expectation

• ssoundergirlssoundergirl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #8523 April, 2021, 04:56 am.

Help. Can’t get flipiendo masterful. Used up energy and positions trying. @hpwulola

• ace2kill4ace2kill4 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited April 23 #8623 April, 2021, 06:29 am.

What do ppl do here now i been stuck for almost 3 days

@hpwulola

• Dannyb1Dannyb1 Posts: 2
    #8723 April, 2021, 08:51 am.

Non riesco a fare i due tiri flipendo magistrali, potete aiutarmi, grazie

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23 #8823 April, 2021, 04:50 pm.
  • rhondalearhondalea Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #8923 April, 2021, 06:25 pm.

Flipendo is my final straw.

I completed the task and the page, but it's my last page. I've come to feel that Niantic is always lying in wait with another nasty surprise. I play for pleasure, but between the bugs and the unreasonable tasks, misery lurks in the background.

I love Harry Potter and Pokémon, and I'm sad, but I don't want to do this anymore.

Good luck to you all.

• SolteraleSolterale Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #9124 April, 2021, 06:26 am.

Hi all I’m not sure if this will help everyone (most likely will not solve the problem for those players with fine motor problems as I have seen discussed here) but here’s another suggestion to try and help some players stuck on masterful Flippendo task:

If you have invested resources in progressing in a second/third profession, switch from your main profession to the second profession and stay in the secondary profession until you’ve gotten your two masterfuls.

Since this task doesn’t require you to return the foundable fragment, you actually get more chances to cast (and thus higher chance to get a masterful) if you’re less powerful when casting (so the foundable doesn’t get returned - you get more tries).

Also, I think anecdotally that these spells are easier to cast as an Auror than as a professor (so if that’s your main profession definitely try switching).

I’m primarily an Auror and was really lucky to get my two masterful spells very early on (as an Auror). My friend (primarily a Professor) went over two days not getting the masterful. We have the exact same phone and I offered to try casting the spells for her on her phone, but still no luck. The only difference between us is our main profession choice. So I suggested she switch to her secondary profession (Auror, not maxed). She got the masterfuls the same evening.

I know it’s only one example but hopefully this can help some people out!