Feedback on Masterful Spell task

Comments

• CorumanCoruman Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6322 April, 2021, 08:16 am.

I’m also having a difficult time with this. Asking for masterful is really unfair to do in a regular task. As a bonus it would be reasonable but to have to do it in order to complete an event is just cruel. There’s a lot of physical and technical reasons that make masterful casts very difficult to do. The right thing to do would be to clear this task for everyone. Niantic has done this for broken tasks in the past so they can definitely do it again and really should.

• ZarelTgrZarelTgr Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6422 April, 2021, 09:47 am.

Another with arthritis and sports-related injuries, masterfuls on anything beyond a simple linear spell are flat out impossible... not only on the shaping, but also the fact that the game penalizes on complex spell line lengths (looking at you, E.Patronum!) with it's horrific cast-time drop. Add to that the utterly broken Flipendo and (even worse) Incendio graph that don't even match the screen guide and haven't since day one... yeah, this isn't happening Please complete this! (IGN: ZarelTgr)

• AssembleEX10AssembleEX10 Posts: 1
    #6522 April, 2021, 10:05 am.

@hpwulola 

I would appreciate if you could complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

• Tak1113Tak1113 Posts: 1
    #6622 April, 2021, 10:12 am.

Please complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

• SamuramatSamuramat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #6722 April, 2021, 10:47 am.

I am left handed and flipendo is already a tough spell for me. All the spells seem to be designed for right handed players. I feel left out (pun intended), and this may be the first event that I won't be able to finish. Very disappointing, very frustrating.

• DaniUzumakiDaniUzumaki Posts: 3
    #6822 April, 2021, 10:51 am.

Please, @hpwulola complete the task for me also. It’s impossible, and I’m playing from the day one with all events completed! It's unfair to have an uncompleted page just for an impossible quest! Please, for future events, give only reasonable quests! This kind of quests shouldn’t be based on luck or extremely high ability! Everyone should be able to complete it, and playing should be a relax, not an angst!

• HoleesmokesHoleesmokes Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #7022 April, 2021, 10:59 am.

Can I get an assist on this one, please? I’ve managed one using tips online about not actually trying to trace the trace, but it seems like it was a complete accident because several tonics’ worth of Flipendos later, I’m still rarely ever get “great” casts (so, back to normal for this trace). My efforts are good enough to return the Foundable, though, so I can’t even practice on the few I’ve gotten.

• Enigma2068Enigma2068 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #7122 April, 2021, 11:03 am.

I'm not disabled and have managed only one masterful flipendo cast in the task. Whether due to my poor dexterity or a lag I can't say. I’ve an appalling spawn rate even using a TD Tonic opportunities to cast flipendo are few making the task doubly difficult .

I agree with previous comments that in fairness, everyone, not only those who post in this thread should have this task completed for them.

I would appreciate if you could complete just this task for me @hpwulola

• RoverRoverRoverRover Posts: 1
    #7222 April, 2021, 11:11 am.

• MysticMegsMumMysticMegsMum Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7322 April, 2021, 11:18 am.

Please complete the masterful Flipendo task for me.

I hope the feedback you are receiving regarding this task will encourage you to reconsider using such in future events

Thank you

• Ros59Ros59 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #7622 April, 2021, 12:03 pm.

Ros59. I have tried to cast the Masterful x 2 in task 4 and no luck. I have arthritis in my fingers and wrist and my hand is quite sore. The best I've gotten was a good. Is it possible for HPWULola to assist with this. I was hoping after the 5Great casts in a row (I had to get help from family member) we wouldn't see another task like this again.

I'm an over 60 year old player and I really hope I don't see these tasks again.

• Sim0000Sim0000 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #7722 April, 2021, 12:11 pm.

This task is hard for me. Please complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

• DemeDemeDemeDeme Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #7822 April, 2021, 12:21 pm.

This is absolutely me. I've been playing since the first month. I have spondyloarthritis and don't have the dexterity needed to really enjoy the game anymore because of tasks like this.

I'm already severely behind on spellbooks for the same reason.

I spend too much on this game to not enjoy it.

• AlyxzStarsoulAlyxzStarsoul Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7922 April, 2021, 12:23 pm.

Same here. I have disabilities that make this impossible. I don't think I've ever gotten a Masterful on this one, I'm lucky to get good or a rare great. I've been trying since yesterday since getting this task and no luck.

Please finish for me.

And please consider those with physical, neurological and vision disabilities when making required tasks. Put them in in the bonus round if you're going to have them. And make it for the easier casts.

• Dieks77Dieks77 Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #8022 April, 2021, 12:28 pm.

Although I can cast most Masterfulls pretty consistent, Flipendo is one of the few that somehow is very random.

@Drakonite 's post was certainly helpful to get it more consistent, and I actually lucked out hitting it twice in a row on two foundables.

(NB. Do you happen to have one for the Diffindo? Thats the other one I rarely hit even on great)

I do agree with all the comments, also in other threads, Masterfull casts shouldn't be part of the progressing story tasks.

There are way to much variables in play for someone to hit those, basic phones, disabilities and what not.

It should be purely for bonus, make it so that the task has multiple conditions to be able to complete but staggered lets say 2x Masterfull, 5x Great or 10x Good.

Although I would appreciate some kind of reward like a continuous counter or special medal/title, unfortunately the achievement record stops after reaching the gold. (also on other achievements)

• SHINee0718SHINee0718 Posts: 2
    #8122 April, 2021, 12:30 pm.

• QayaqSkiQayaqSki Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #8222 April, 2021, 12:33 pm.

There is only one spell I have EVER gotten a Masterful! on and it's definitely not Flipendo. Flipendo is for sure one of the hardest spells. I appreciate the suggestion above. It has allow me to get a Great spellcast on Flipendo, but Masterful! is impossible. 🤦‍♀️

I have severe arthritis in my hands...😔

• NahgiraNahgira Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #8322 April, 2021, 01:02 pm.

So, I tried complete the flipendo task, but it's hard for me.

Could you help me, please?

Tks!

• OhHelloSweetieOhHelloSweetie Posts: 1
    #8422 April, 2021, 01:15 pm.

I 100% agree. I have mild arthritis in my hands and a phone with a twitchy screen. They work together to foil my casts to such a degree that I only have 15 TOTAL masterful casts. TOTAL, ever, in the history of playing the game. So yeah, yay.

• ISAPANISAPAN Posts: 1
    #8522 April, 2021, 01:17 pm.

ISAPAN please mark flipendo task complete. Thanks!

• RobMacDougallRobMacDougall Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #8622 April, 2021, 01:22 pm.

Please complete the task for me (RobMacDougall). This is maddening. I’m about 75000 xp from level 60 and can cast some other masterful spells fairly easily. This game used to be about strategy and not manual dexterity. Can we bring that game back?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8722 April, 2021, 01:23 pm.
  • Huffle4UTonksHuffle4UTonks Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #8822 April, 2021, 01:24 pm.

@hpwulola Can you help a player named Flyingnobroom, with getting the masterful spells for Flipendo checked of the task list? She has trouble getting logged in here, and has struggled a long time to get the masterfuls, and could really use the help.

• liheholiheho Posts: 1
    #8922 April, 2021, 01:27 pm.

Yes, as a leftie with arthritis, this task is impossible for me - and will be for lots of other people who aren't aware of posting here to try get it completed by @hpwulola

• Babypenguin1Babypenguin1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #9022 April, 2021, 01:31 pm.

I to have fibromyalgia and find it almost impossible to get masterful casts, even on "easier" spells. Flipendo makes it nearly impossible to get even great casts let alone masterful ones. I stuggled to finish the events with the spell casts in a row, in fact, I know I didn't finish one event due to the difficulty snd it was humiliating. Now I'm going to have another one.

The daily walking task has denied me the ability to finish all the daily tasks on many occasions because of my 2 arthritic knees. It takes forever to open portkeys, too.

Would really be nice of the game designers to take those of us loyal players with disabilities into account when making events.

• TZR1KTTZR1KT Posts: 1
    #9122 April, 2021, 01:42 pm.

I would appreciate if you could complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

This discussion has been closed.