We value your feedback on Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Comments

• DrDeborahDrDeborah Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3216 April, 2021, 03:14 pm.

My husband doesn't like the adversaries. They don't seem to be worth the effort in time and potions. The dark marks barely help during an event and they are difficult to earn. Seems like a way to force cash purchases.

• KenSadLuKenSadLu Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3316 April, 2021, 06:25 pm.

I forgot one thing! When I’m trying to catch a fragment, in addition to knowing the current fragment count, I’d love an indication of whether or not I have a green star on the page for that item. Thanks!

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #3417 April, 2021, 06:24 am.

@Magicalmom42 I, too, am addicted, and very much want the Knight Bus to be easier to gather teams. And I agree that many of us have left it because we run into too many people who don't know how to play with teammates.

I don't really agree that giving Magi shield is a waste. In a 5-player game, when I play as a Magi, I can take care of all my foes, and still keep coming back and reviving people. If I'm having to keep coming back to the lobby to give myself more power, then I can't take care of the rest of the players - especially the Aurors. When I play as a Prof, I give proficiency first, then shield. Depends on if there's another prof and what she's doing. If I'm only playing with one Magi, though, and I'm the only prof, I will shield the **** out of the person who can revive me.

What I suggested is that there be an ability to tell people what we prefer when we're playing. "Focus please," or "I revive" or "shield me". Something like that. There are many ways to play as a team. We just need to know what they are. And since we can use codes to give gifts to one another - such an awesome idea on so many levels - there should be a way to use codes to schedule a challenge.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #3517 April, 2021, 06:39 am.

This: Why is it so hard to change from one profession to another? If I'm on the Knight Bus and find out there's no Mag's in a chamber and I want to change to that profession, I have a lot of backing out to do and a lot of effort to find that chamber again? Why can't we change our profession while were waiting for others to join the match?

Thanks, @JackAzzWarlock

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17 #3617 April, 2021, 05:44 pm.

HPWU has been a great time waster during the pandemic lockdowns, but I'm getting my second vaccine on Monday. For the game to have any prayer of holding my attention post-lockdown, its going to need a BUNCH of permanent new content, STAT. I'm not talking lethal adversaries or events (please, less events!), I'm talking new spells, new mysteries, new SOS assignments, new exploration pages, and even new exploration foundable families. As of this afternoon, I only have one non-dragon exploration foundable not starred on gold (Quidditch Fan Neville) and only 15 fortress-only exploration page foundables not starred on gold. On non-event days, I find myself barely logging on at all because the daily tasks are stale after doing them nearly every day for almost 2 years. The base game needs a complete refresh!

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited April 18 #3718 April, 2021, 04:55 am.

+1 on having devs play the game, so they actually know what they're asking out of the players. 

And test updates before rolling them out...

+1 exchange system for those scrolls that are useless past a certain level

(Especially now you need one maxed profession for the adversaries tree. I've unlocked nodes in auror and magi to change a little from battling as a prof so now I've got to grind for the red books I shouldn't have wasted on those secondary professions)

+ 1 on thoughts about being able to change profession while in a fortress 

+1 on something allowing us to send messages to teammates

I'd also like a system to ban bad teammates, or get a warning if we find ourselves in a waiting room with them (opposite of friend notice maybe)

And please decide what to do with SOS missions: nix them or add new ones, don't keep them there gathering dust while forcing people to play brilliant event for the story arc.

On a positive note: this game doesn't use much data (with option to dowload assets), that's great for people like me with limited data plan. Please keep it that way.

• my6sensemy6sense Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3818 April, 2021, 10:17 pm.

Thanks for the survey.. Here some suggestions in general..

- House event/tournament/competition (Yeah 10 points for Hufflepuff)

- Wizards cannot change house during season/per year

- Same house benefit/bonus/damage/reward if playing/battle together

- Fortress invite button

- Able to change profession at fortress lobby

- New fortress chambers and foes

- Hex / Charm colour code

- Extra reward/bonus if wizards do more damages to foes during fortress battle compare to others

- Special unlimited fortress chamber (how far/high/level wizards can go/win within time limit)

- New registry pages/foundables or increase page level beyond gold page (maybe platinum/diamond)

- Showing our XP after reach max level 60

- Showing all our stats (achievements stats)

- Trade potion or ingredients with other wizard or buying/trade potion/ingredients/runestones/others with scroll/other currency

- Increase limit for open/receive gift

- “Place image” and “Later” button

- More ingredients reward from portkeys especially rare ingredients like unicorn hair

- Reduce all potion brewing time during events

• ElOwlElOwl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3918 April, 2021, 11:25 pm.

Good afternoon, I would like that in the next update everyone in the fortresses would be obliged to eliminate at least a portion of the enemies to get the reward

• JackAzzWarlockJackAzzWarlock Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #4019 April, 2021, 04:40 am.

@Magicalmom42 I, too, am addicted, and very much want the Knight Bus to be easier to gather teams. And I agree that many of us have left it because we run into too many people who don't know how to play with teammates.

Magicalmom has a good point.

It's hard to form a fortressing team on the knight bus.

Then there are the multiple fortresses, and the Knight bus only takes you to one.

To find a team in Dark Chamber 5 (DC5) for example: I typically hop on the Knight bus, then immediately scroll down to DC5. If the player count in that chamber reads 0 or sometimes 1, I'll leave the fortress, and jump on back on the Knight bus again. I repeat this, until I find DC5 chamber with 2 or more players.

Instead of going to a fortress that listed different chambers,

what if we could see a specific chamber in every fortress?

Not only would everyone know where the players were, If a person entered that chamber and there were too many players of the same profession, it would be easy to bounce out and select another chamber.

Then again, instead of giving a player count on every fortress, what if it showed a symbol for every player in the chamber, with that symbol representing a profession!

You might even name the different Fortresses or give them a number, this way a group on social media could meet up in that chamber at a specific time.

WIth the way the Knight bus is set up currently, I only get to fortress in Dark Chamber 5 when an event that requires fortressing is taking place.

• KelzKelz Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4119 April, 2021, 06:59 am.

I love this game and all the confoundables with their different wee quirks. My husband has just started playing and struggles with some events, it would be great if I could help him with the fortress battles with strangers too. Apart from the odd glitch I'm really addicted to this game. 🙂

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #4219 April, 2021, 11:54 am.

I recently placed a Basilisk accidentally. It had a green dot on a silver page. It happened when I was scrolling down to another page. The Basilisk is large. That meant I lost 27 for the gold page when I prestiged the page.

I would like a "Place" and "Not Now" choice as suggested above. Good thinking.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #4319 April, 2021, 09:44 pm.

A daily annoyance that would be so easy yo fix — when I tap to accept a gift, if I miss the box by even a little bit, it sends me to the other player's page, which I then have to wait to load, then back out of, then try to tap to accept again. Why? If I want to see someone's page, the obvious thing to do is to do so by tapping their icon or name. Why send us there when our tap was nowhere near their icon?? It just wastes time and annoys us!

On another practical matter, please give us the option to download assets into an SD card, instead of taking up limited phone memory. I have over 100 GB of free space going to waste, while my phone warns me some features won't function because I'm running out of memory, because so many programs refuse to let us use SD card memory instead of our limited on-phone memory! I had to delete Pokemon GO completely, and if I have to choose between WU and a functional phone, guess which way I'll be forced to pick?

• InvaderZim5InvaderZim5 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4921 April, 2021, 02:09 pm.

I found a trick for the masterful flippendo. My screen guard came with a cheap little metal pen with a rubber tip. I placed the phone on a flat surface and practiced doing flippendos with this little pen, and I did a few GREAT flippendos which were almost impossible for me with my finger (I'm a lefty if that matters).... and then to my surprise I DID A MASTERFUL FLIPPENDO! My first. Ever.

Of course, the game is supposed to be mobile, and this is NOT a mobile solution. If I'm walking around I will have to stop and find a flat surface. But, this worked for me!

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    edited April 21 #5021 April, 2021, 09:51 pm.

The forum itself needs some work. I just entered 9 items to be considered. I edited it to correct a spelling error, and when I saved, the entire post had disappeared. Major annoying.

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #5121 April, 2021, 10:39 pm.

@hpwulola , I answered the survey, and I want to thank you for encouraging us to believe someone actually cares what we think. Here are some suggestions that didn’t fit in the survey:

1) First and most important is there is always something in an event which is too difficult, impossible, boring, not fun, or whatever. Allow us to skip at least 1 task per event.

Obviously I’m talking about the Great/Masterful spell casts, since I have arthritis, and the Masterful Flipendo is probably impossible for me.

2) I don’t blame you a bit for not having a player communication system you have to police because of people who can’t treat fellow players as they want to be treated. However you could implement a set of canned messages, for example, “Professors, please Shield me.” or “Aurors, I need your extra focus so I can buff the party.” This would contribute to educating new players how they should play, and increase everyone’s satisfaction with the game.

3) Six total opponents in the Fortresses is too few. The Dark Witch, Sphinx, and Three Headed Dog, for example, could easily add some new color to alleviate boredom with the same old opponents.

4) Almost every Auror has an Appraisal value of 50682. It’s absolutely USELESS. Return to showing the player’s level.

5) Add at least 7 new spells. The “Cast 20 distinct spells” Achievement says you intended there to be at least 20. Don’t make yourselves liars.

6) Players should be asked to be put on a balanced team in the Fortresses. (Balanced meaning 1 of each player type, but not 3 of any.) Perhaps players could check a box when going to the Fortress. When the system forms a team, each player is given 30 seconds to say no, or the team is sent in.

As an aside, if a player runs from the Fortress (leaving his team) at least a portion of the opponents should chase him out, which means the remainder would have a chance to complete the level.

Balanced teams would also allow the creating of an even harder set of levels, perhaps “Stygian Depths” under the Dark Chambers, which would make those who want harder challenges happier.

7) I don’t understand why you stop the counters at 65 or 150. You don’t have to give more hit points, spells, or whatever, but people like to see their numbers climbing, even if that satisfaction is all they get.

8) There are people, including me, who think back-to-back events suck the life from the game. They and I would like a breather after a hard event. But we can just skip an event if we need a break, as long as we aren't permanently crippling our ability to progress in the game. So whatever rewards are obtained from an event should be available in the near future (a few months.) In my case, I tend to skip the Community Days, which are usually so fast paced, that I have only completed about half of them. No sense playing if you only have a 50/50 chance of finishing, but that does give me a needed break.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    #5222 April, 2021, 07:07 am.

Btw, you'll get a huge bias in question 2 and 3: Obviously, you will almost exclusively responses from people that are on the forums or use social media in some way; the players that don't (and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually the majority) simply won't know about the survey. I did do the survey on behalf of my wife (so, you have at least one "NONE" for questions 3 and 4 each), but I'd be surprised if you get many more...

This in turn means that all answers you get are skewed towards the demographic that does use any of these methods; this specifically has relevance when discussing tasks and how much effort they are. Worthwhile keeping that in mind when looking at the numbers...

• 423465485486423465485486 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #5423 April, 2021, 11:08 pm.

Masterful I can never get so impossible to finish task which stinks

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #5524 April, 2021, 06:59 am.

It's not like you're charging gold to complete any and all tasks, like some games do. Faster potions, yes, but the Masterful Flippendo isn't making you money, if anything it's costing you by frustrating players into not playing. No one likes to think about it, but I know you do have to make money with this app. If you made it "Do three of these four tasks" you could make sure at least one of them could be bypassed with gold (such as a largish number of potions). They should still be doable without gold, mind you, it should just be a shortcut some people would find worth it. Just a thought.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #5626 April, 2021, 01:36 am.

@ElOwl I can understand the frustration at perceived non participation. If there are going to be participation measurements, though, they need to track attempts (ex how many spells cast) and not just defeating a foe. I am a Professor who has frequently been forced to go for Dark Forces (the Prof's weakness) because either that's all that's coming in or I get constantly beaten to the others by my partners. I've also been knocked out because of this. The game does not appear to provide foes based on the composition of the team.

• DreamGenieDreamGenie Posts: 1
    #5726 April, 2021, 02:13 am.

I really love the guides so thanks again. I would like to say once again that including masterful throws in the main event is enough to make me not do it at all. Put them in the bonus round for heavens sake. It is disheartening to get everything done and not be able to finish. Having aritihis is not fun and masterful throws are not possible. Does Niantic even think about this stuff?? Ready to quit playing entirely.

• Hedwige007007Hedwige007007 Posts: 1
    #5826 April, 2021, 07:01 am.

Merci pour votre travail, et aussi pour cette enquête. 👍👍👍

• OlgaMalfoyOlgaMalfoy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5927 April, 2021, 09:21 pm.

Filled in thanx. Hubby complained alot about last Brilliant event. The flipendo task was difficult but he couldn't complete it but I could get the masterful thankfully.

• AkradarkaAkradarka Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6028 April, 2021, 04:58 am.

Pleas no more masterful spels in BE before bonus part of event. Flipendo spell is dificult and this is a second time I didn't finish BE.

Othervise I like this game. Regards to creators.

• SayGCSayGC Posts: 1
    #6128 April, 2021, 01:55 pm.

I would like them to add the option of being able to invite my friends to do magical challenges.  By means of the bus, it is impossible to play with them.  Also, I would like the option of giving my ingredients to my friends.  Another option that they can add to the game is to allow competitions between the houses.  It would be great a Hogwarts house world competition.  An option to add, there are more players and opponents in the challenges.I would like them to add the option of being able to invite my friends to do magical challenges.  By means of the bus, it is impossible to play with them.  Also, I would like the option of giving my ingredients to my friends.  Another option that they can add to the game is to allow competitions between the houses.  It would be great a Hogwarts house world competition.  An option to add, there are more players and opponents in the challenges. I would like it to be possible to modify the avatar of the game, as in pokemon go.    Also, I would like the option to propose new inns from the game application, so I don't depend on Pokémon Go and Ingress players.  Additionally, I would like you to allow more people in the magical challenges, as well as enable some form of communication between the players during the challenge;  Using the night bus turns out to be difficult without communication with the other players.