Introducing: Niantic Friends

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,221 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 18 June, 2021, 09:00 pm.

Hi everyone, 

We recently released Niantic Friends, a new cross-game feature to unify your Friends Lists across Niantic apps. This means that if you have Friends in other Niantic apps that play Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, they will be automatically added to your Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Friends list. Please note that your email address in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and other Niantic apps must match for these changes to take effect. 

With this update, if you add or remove a Friend on one app, this will be reflected in your other apps. You will be able to recover your friendship status in all apps by re-adding them. 

This update also includes an increase to Friends Capacity. You can now have up to 400 friends in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite! Check out the ‘Friend Codes’ section of the Community Forum to start meeting new players.

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions!

Tagged:

Comments

• TilMetisTilMetis Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #416 April, 2021, 04:54 pm.

Would it be possible to get the business justification for this change? Why did Niantic, feel that this change was needed? Ultimately how is this change expected to increase sales or lower costs?

• ScoutMGSScoutMGS Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #516 April, 2021, 05:11 pm.

How do you re-add someone if the only connection you had to them was through the game?

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #816 April, 2021, 05:32 pm.

@BenTiger

sorry guy, but i cant send to you a gift extravagant runnestone every day because my hpwu is all complete gold with green starts including adversaries and i dont play fortress anymore. I play last days just BE for restrictive books and just for tasks. I send to you anys gold gifts when i have.

i have a sos tree red spell books gift but is rare i win a extravagant gift (1% i don’t know).

thanks and sorry one more time

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #916 April, 2021, 07:05 pm.

The only thing that is useful is to share the movement between the games (PoGo and HPWU) to open eggs and portmanteau. Add it to Ingress too. But keep the lists private. Thank you.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1016 April, 2021, 07:34 pm.

the cat is out of the bag, ey? 🤣

hard to get stealth-y anymore

• Otaku1031Otaku1031 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1116 April, 2021, 08:35 pm.

This is a poorly-researched idea.

Did Niantic get any input at all from players before implementation?

Was that input (if any) given consideration?

Why can't we opt out?

How does this improve gameplay?

Niantic has a lot of problems with HPWU without shoving an unwanted and poorly executed "feature" into the game.

The devs need to start acting like they're actual software engineers and stop listening to half-baked ideas from the marketing interns.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1216 April, 2021, 11:19 pm.

Thos announcement is about 2 weeks overdue.

I'll echo the many others that say it would be much better if we could delete all of the inactive friends in one game without losing them in the other.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1417 April, 2021, 06:21 am.

@Moppermonster agree but as to 3. you didnt create 2 diff. accounts in pogo and wb. you created niantic accounts, now the 2 diff. datasets of accounts are one. In the future with catan, pikmin and so on it'll all be one niantic account. It's how Im sure theyll explain that.

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #1518 April, 2021, 11:29 pm.

Functions that I would like you to add to the friends list.

• Increase the limit of opening gifts.
    • Add a search engine so that you can locate your friends faster because I have more than 100 friends and it is an odyssey to find who I want to send them gifts.
    • Set nicknames as they exist in Pokemon Go.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    #1619 April, 2021, 01:12 pm.

@Doztem agreed, we need improved opening gift for 50 because friend list is 400.

Also we need feature pet to get more gift too.

• ProfessortululaProfessortulula Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1720 April, 2021, 02:25 pm.

no way. I would like to opt out or really it should be that we have to opt in. Not a good plan.

• ShadoeKaatShadoeKaat Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1822 April, 2021, 10:36 pm.

I agree, I don’t want a lot of friends in my listing that don’t play! And to see that my Pokémon Go friends were removed, some who live far away and we only are friends in the game. I won’t be able to get those back. This was a mistake to do it across the board without a way to opt out. I don’t know why you felt this was a good idea? Did it make you more money some how. Tsk Tsk!! Please give us the option to delete a friend that is no longer playing without it affecting the game they are playing!

• HKgergerHKgerger Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1904 May, 2021, 04:43 am.

When we will be able to add back deleted friends! It has been over four weeks of waiting!

#2004 May, 2021, 04:51 am.

@HKgerger you wont unless you find their friend code in wu or pogo and re-add them manually.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #2118 June, 2021, 04:09 pm.

@hpwulola any updates on when daily gift opening limits will be raised from the current 20? There was a lot of speculation when this came out it would be coming soon after this change but it's been over a month and is now really becoming a problem the more friends I get.

#2218 June, 2021, 04:40 pm.

my fear is the 20 will go back to 10 after covid goes away (it was 10 pre-covid, was raised to 20 as a covid 'measure' ingame). I have little to no hope of 20 becoming 30 or 40 etc.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #2318 June, 2021, 06:50 pm.

@Drakonite oh wow I didn't realize that. I sure hope that's not the case because gifting has become a huge part of the game for me now that I'm to gold on all pages except dragons and the new COMC one. My regular walking trail has a ton of inns and greenhouses on it and the ability to get better gifts to exchange with other people keeps me engaged with the game while out - that would be super unfortunate to lose.

#2418 June, 2021, 09:00 pm.

yeah I agree.