Masterful casts

HermionesmyfavHermionesmyfav Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 21 April, 2021, 06:19 pm.

It's almost impossible to get masterful casts so adding it as something you need to complete in order to finish an event, is really discouraging. I use this game to decompress from the stress of the pandemic, life. This sort of needless challenge isn't helping my stress levels.

Tagged:

Comments

• CoDiCexxxCoDiCexxx Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #231 March, 2021, 09:10 pm.

plis they have made it harder to het a masterful cast

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    #331 March, 2021, 11:09 pm.

I can get a fair amount...but 5 in a row?!Not happening-I am using another ttd trying.

I have gotten 4 in a row once, 3 in a row a few times....very, very frustrating.

I am still collecting restricted section books - so this is annoying.

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    #431 March, 2021, 11:27 pm.

Grrrr.....just lost another 4 in a row.

I have never not completed a brilliant event since I started last summer. 🤨

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    #501 April, 2021, 12:52 pm.

I’ve used up 9 TTDs to get the 5 great spell casts.

I’m sitting at 2/4 Masterful casts.

@HPWUTeam If your goal is to make us

“pay to play” then just say so.

STOP, STOP, STOP making us waist time with these intentionally restricted spell casts!!

Last year these BEs were enjoyable. Like the one where we had to return a certain number of Formable Pixies, Elite Pixies...

• KatFurieKatFurie Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2 #602 April, 2021, 12:03 am.

This is ridiculous! % great casts in a row? And now 4 masterful casts? Since this game came out, I have only had 15 masterful casts! Let alone that the more you find them, the easier it is to get a trace with just a good cast. IT is getting downright ridiculous to findish an event. I have been working on it for a day at least for these masterful casts. When you can catch them with a fair or good cast, it makes it impossible to get a msterful cast! Oh, and I have had to use up what potions I had to get the foundables and traces to even pop up! Not everyone has boat loads of money tp put into these games! Sorry for any incorrect spellings but I am beyond pissed about all this and tend to misspell. But I am on my last nerve with this game and these ridiculous tasks that are impossible without spending tons of money to get it!

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #816 April, 2021, 04:37 pm.

@THEREALUPPITY Me too! There are just some spells I'm not good at, and flipendo is one of them.

• BrandaanBrandaan Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited April 18 #918 April, 2021, 06:25 am.

@Hermionesmyfav @ScarletB12 @KatFurie and others: remember it's speed over precision.

Aside from that, there is a nice trick to complete missions like 5 in a row:

Get a foundable on screen. Toggle off WiFi/data.

Cast a spell.

Masterful? Toggle on data. It adds up.

Otherwise? Leave the game. This way it won't disrupt or break the row!

Toggle on data, start the game and try again.

It might be time or nerve sparing to start this process when you already have the first two or three in a row.

Good luck next time!

Post edited by Brandaan on
  • Zardoz1900Zardoz1900 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1020 April, 2021, 10:12 pm.

A bunch of apologists will be along to tell you it's easy for them but you are quite right. It is hateful behavior from Niantic, and also mystifying. It cannot possibly increase profits so it appears to be just malice.

• NonascarNonascar Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1121 April, 2021, 03:54 am.

Masterful flipendo is near impossible to do and very frustrating for this level 52 player. Challenges are good, but not at the expense of your joy. People play games for alot of different reasons, mostly to escape day-to-day stress, not to add to it. People are going to be unable to finish this event. Once that starts happening, it makes it easier to just skip them entirely. Saves alot of money too.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    #1221 April, 2021, 04:01 am.

Looks like this game will be expert mode now because this BE has almost ending with deathly hallow (description said Ron will be exchange with Kit Gerard in The Unrogiveable too).

Lethal Adveseries has been coming soon so be prepared.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited April 21 #1321 April, 2021, 07:40 am.

@TheRealUppity @MotherOf2Lions @Nonascar

Flipendos are odd because they punish you for trying to be accurate ... try aiming for this instead: https://m.imgur.com/a/TwRWzZ4

So much easier to get a masterful!

• MeesPierson1MeesPierson1 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1421 April, 2021, 12:59 pm.

I have wasted hours using at least 4 traces. Every trace, they give you two to three Flipendo. It’s so frustrating every time they give you a great spell instead of a masterful spell. It’s impossible to complete the tasks. They should have at least use this task in the bonus page, at least pp can complete the task. I am not going to try anymore, enough is enough! If they make it so difficult, it’s not a fun game anymore! I hate to say I am seriously considering quitting the game.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #1521 April, 2021, 04:33 pm.

@PomonaMroz That's helpful; thanks!! I did manage to get 2 of them.

• SandbridgerSandbridger Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1621 April, 2021, 06:19 pm.

Setting a task for us that cannot be achieved is the best way to get players to quit the game. I’m shutting it down until this event is over. Who knows - by then the addiction may be cured for good!