A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event – Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,142 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 26 April, 2021, 07:39 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Burrow Kitchen during Part 2 of the The A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event, starting Monday, April 19 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 2

• Molly Weasley - Wizarding Challenges
  • Self-Knitting Jumper - Tasks
  • Gnome - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Weasley Clock - Encounter
  • Brilliant Proprietor Fred Weasley - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #315 April, 2021, 08:41 pm.

Great task list on this BE!

Thank you @HPWUTeam!

So excited for Quidditch fan Luna! She's one of the few I still need to star on gold.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited April 16 #916 April, 2021, 02:44 pm.

Another fun tid-bit: They reversed order of tasks: "Collect rune stones" now happens at step 2 and requires 6 runes. THEN, in step three you have to gather the 12 Fred's.

For comparison, last round (and I think most rounds before that) we had one type first, then the other type and finally collect the runestones (5 of them). In addition, now everybody is likely at max rank for that family so you need even more FXP to get them than you needed in part 1.

I'm willing to bet money on that whoever decided to shuffle these around wasn't aware that this would result in a way more serious grind... LOL

Besides, I still dislike these tasks because a) you have an incredible advantage if you know or assume that the task will come and b) the interface is actively working against being tactical about this (what with auto return to registry).

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited April 16 #1016 April, 2021, 03:40 pm.

...so, basically there is a "Earn 240 BE family XP" task in list 2. Or, 240-12*3=204 FXP, after doing the first round of tasks. Or, yet in other words "return 70 BE foundables" in total in the first two rounds minus whatever you can do by walking portkeys. And then in tasks 3 the additional 12 on top, of course.

Totally doable, but not exactly what I'd consider fun...

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭
    #1116 April, 2021, 07:27 pm.

@HalloMami for the second BE you could "cheat" it out by using saved your opened BE part 1 portkey , isnt it?😅

not really reliable method though as its not always give BE xp

• oooHuliooooHulio Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1318 April, 2021, 10:40 am.

@BenTiger

The knack to masterful cast is finding your sweet spot between casting the spell fast enough and accurate enough -- start trying it stupidly too fast & over time gradually slow it down until you start casting near enough to the line that you start getting masterfuls. Do try your best to concentrate/ focus on each cast (at least while you have potions on), after a while its all too easy to let your mind wander onto other things & let your speed drop and/ or accuracy slip.

Failing that maybe you could try finding something you can make a template of the spell out of, that you could put on your screen & run your finger along the edge of, e.g. card, plasticine, wire, bluetak, tape, etc? It would probably need a bit fettling and of course you wouldn't use anything that might scratch/damage your phone or cut your finger. But in the long run it is probably less hassle & more rewarding to work on your casting skills/ muscle memory than fiddle about with umpteen templates.

Also, in the past sometimes I'd swear blind someone had tinkered with the algorithms for specific foundables for events to make them easier or harder to achieve a masterful cast -- just after you cast the spell the bar seems to fill noticeably slower/ faster than it did the day before the event for that very same foundable! Could be just me though and I probably wouldn't notice it these days since I'm not griinding for xp, frags, guides & manuals anymore [touch wood lol].

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1418 April, 2021, 07:51 pm.

Somewhere in these forums someone suggested forming the shape of a square route calculation sign for the flipendo spell. In other words instead of following the curve at the end of the cast, go straight across. The trick is to find the correct spot to make the turn to go straight across. I have found this to be extremely helpful and I wish I could name of the player who suggested it to give him/her proper credit.

As an aside, I have found that on difficult spells starting off slow and finishing fast increases my accuracy.

• MrsNorrisBurrowMrsNorrisBurrow Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1518 April, 2021, 09:32 pm.

I prefer to do my best to perform masterful flipendo than to collect 45 boring brilliant foundables. At least the masterful task requires some skills

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    #1619 April, 2021, 01:48 am.

@BenTiger 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #1819 April, 2021, 03:51 am.

It seems some may have forgotten that there are three ways to collect BE XP needed to collect event runestones. Map, Portkey and Fortress. Play several Fortress Challenges to move things along.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #2219 April, 2021, 11:37 am.

If you want masterful flipendo, train spell flipendo before your start. This one, i can masterful flipendo to finish BE.

The problem is, there too many use potion in bonus task too.

#2319 April, 2021, 12:40 pm.

I guess I should not be surprised by the number of people complaining, but I am.

This is a game and there is some skill involved. If you can't complete Masterful on page 4, then you will have still completed the majority of the event and will have 10 Restricted Books as reward. If you don't want to use 15 potions, then don't. That's a bonus task and you forego 5 Restricted Books and 5 DADA. If obtaining those is not worth 15 potions, that's your choice.

Saying you are giving up the game because you haven't figured out how to master Flipendo seems a bit extreme.

There are several places you can go for tips on this and other spell casts. It's a difficult one to be sure, but not that impossible.

There is really no pleasing everyone. Some think the game is too easy and just a slog with rewards not worth it. Others are saying it's too hard and are complaining they will miss out on valuable rewards. Putting Masterful casts as the 4th page is reasonable. That last page should be more difficult and the bonus is just that. A bonus.

We have a lot of time to complete this one. I'm looking forward to it.

#2919 April, 2021, 07:07 pm.

@HalloMami

Appreciate the comments. Good point about the registry page. Not completing the final task would leave one item not placed with really no way to get it after the event is complete. I have a couple of those from the early days where I had not discovered a fortress nearby and was unable to complete any fortress tasks.