A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,123 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 12 April, 2021, 03:54 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes during Part 1 of the The A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event, starting Monday, April 5 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 1

• Arthur Weasley - Wizarding Challenges
  • Love Potion Stand - Tasks
  • Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder Display - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Puking Pastilles Display - Encounter
  • Brilliant Proprietor George Weasley - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #201 April, 2021, 06:50 pm.

Question: What Weasley Wizarding Wheezes product would you really like own in real life? 😋

As always, thanks for the announcement Lola!

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #301 April, 2021, 08:22 pm.

Task list is here on your Quick Reference Guide from The Taskforce Times.

Good Luck Task Force Members. Thanks Lola!

https://www.taskforcetimes.news/brilliant-event-1

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #402 April, 2021, 03:04 am.

@AltarielValice ooohh weasley wizarding wheezes shopping list. Great question!

Darkness powder and all the fireworks!

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #502 April, 2021, 03:15 am.

Hi everyone!

Here are the Infographics for the April 2021 Brilliant Event- A Weasley Predicament Part 1!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭
    #602 April, 2021, 04:17 am.

About task part 2, is it a "must" good spell or is it good or better spell?

• kenau007kenau007 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #702 April, 2021, 01:16 pm.

In the past it was at least good spell...

• HypocriticOakHypocriticOak Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 3 #803 April, 2021, 12:56 pm.

@AltarielValice Some edible dark marks please ;) on a second thought I wouldn't mind some extendable ears.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    #1105 April, 2021, 06:18 pm.

Agree about feeling like you have to spend or you're missing out. I don't mind spending on dragon events but it's hard to save up resources, including silver keys, when you're constantly depleting them right before the start of the event with zero downtime. That makes me want to spend less, not more. I like the events but the complimentary "gifts" are always mediocre and never enough to actually make a difference in game play and you end up spending anyway. It's also starting to get really hard to plan when tasks aren't always revealed in a reasonable time. That isn't a challenge, that's deliberately slowing down gameplay so players have less time to complete it regardless of how many days the event is.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #1205 April, 2021, 07:15 pm.

Want to echo that these back-to-back-to-back events are the pits - I'll do it because there's really nothing else to do at the moment, but going from a resource intensive event like the dragons into a regular Brilliant event is just a lot. And as I said in a different thread, seems entirely avoidable given there's 4 days at the end of the month with no events currently.

Also, has anyone else lost the reduced brew times for potions in the queue from the adversaries event? I thought (or it at least used to be) that if you put it in the queue during the event, you got the reduced brew time, but doesn't look like it with the Strong Exstimulos I'm trying to restock on now.

• LilDebs234LilDebs234 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1305 April, 2021, 07:22 pm.

The new event is live yet not a single brilliant trace. I hope this is a glitch that sorts itself out aff grrrr win after an hour or so otherwise this could be a serious issue. Not going to spend loads on TTD’s just to please the game makers.

I also reflex others feelings, b2b events is just draining.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #1405 April, 2021, 07:53 pm.

Are you seeing spawns? (Haven't tried a TTD yet, just checking my phone from time to time and I'm getting nothing)

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    #1505 April, 2021, 09:40 pm.

@LilDebs234 @Karmassus I have gotten a couple of spawns (in my house) without a TTD and a decent number with a TTD. So it seems to be working as far as I can tell.

@EPHedwig I believe there was no actual reduced brew time. It was a higher reduction percentage with Master Notes, which would only apply if the Master Notes were used during the actual event.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    edited April 5 #1605 April, 2021, 09:45 pm.

I'm seeing spawns, but the first task is to collect 12 brilliant puking pastilles. Of course so far I've seen 7 brilliant George Weasley and 0 brilliant puking pastilles.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #1706 April, 2021, 12:55 am.

@HPWUTeam well, thank you. With this current BE (Weasley) you’ve managed to be the straw to break camels back—

I will NOT be completing this event due to

requiring soooo many ebublo spell casts.

Yea, they are easy but you will ensure few appear.

Plus yet again it’s the redundant “highest unlocked chamber” ****.

Nope, this cash-cow has closed the bank!

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1806 April, 2021, 12:57 am.

Typical Brilliant Event. I'm on part 2 trying to get George and all I'm getting are Puking Pastilles. Even with TTD. This is not fun 😡

• LilDebs234LilDebs234 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1906 April, 2021, 07:47 am.

No still no spawns and now the game will not even load 😖 I’ve normally completed at least 2 task pages by now. Missed out on my travels to work this morning so let’s hope I can get it up and running for my way home.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #2006 April, 2021, 01:33 pm.

@WitchHiker not sure what you're talking about, ebulios are plentiful where I'm at even without a TTD. I'm already on the 4th task list less than 24 hours into the event. Try it and see if that's the same for you.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #2106 April, 2021, 04:09 pm.

I don't understand the concerns that some have raised about this event. I have seen good balance of the brilliant foundables and have already completed all four pages in less than 24 hours.

I counted and was seeing about the same numbers, over any 30 minute period, regardless of what task I was on. Yes, there were times when there were several of one type bunched together and it may have occurred while I was looking for the other, but that didn't appear to be an engineered pattern but rather a function of time. That specific 5 minute interval looked unbalanced, but over 30 minutes or more, it evened out.

There were plenty of any foundable needed.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2206 April, 2021, 04:39 pm.

@WitchHiker “... but you will ensure few appear.”

It’s just RNG. There isn’t a conspiracy against you.

Good luck to you in the remaining 6 days.

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #2306 April, 2021, 07:08 pm.

I don't really believe Niantic deliberately restricts Pustules when Wesleys are needed and vice versa, but the RNG certainly has an evil streak. When I needed Pustules, I got a lot of Wesleys. Today I need Wesleys, and I've gotten 6 pustules and 0 Wesleys.

This has always been the part of Niantic's grind I hate. Yes, they increase the rate of appearance of the class that contains what we need, but they don't actually increase what is needed. In the recent Adversary event, I used a EDM and got only a single Dragon, yet got 6 non-Dragon adversaries. That makes the EDM next to useless for completing the quest, even if I managed to collect over 100 DADA books in the 3 day event, so I completed the 4th Lethal Adversary training session. (299 DADAs to go and I can finish the 5th one.)

@HPWUTeamif you would just adjust the TTDs and EDMs to increase the appearance rate of what we are actually looking for, and not just make more random things appear, people would complain a lot less.

• EilonwyZenaEilonwyZena Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2406 April, 2021, 07:38 pm.

This is event #5 I am playing at a nerf because the development team has left my request for assistance on "read". Five events. Nerfed.

This is, in part, due to what other players have detailed above: these back-to-back events have become a full time job, and it sucks the joy from this game. Perhaps the dev team has been overtaken by dementors, and the dementors are now doing what they do best: sucking our souls out through our faces? Please respond, dev team, we're all worried.

But also? Being unable to play unless I'm hooked up to WiFi totally negates the "get out and play" purpose of this game. While I recognize that the dev team is extremely busy (or, again, have been supplanted by dementors?) it has been weeks since I made my request. If my dementors theory is accurate, someone either needs to train them as to how to take care of the game or they need to be sacked. If my dementors theory does NOT play out, the dev team needs to be trained as to how to take care of the game or they need to find jobs they'll find more fulfilling. Possibly playing HPWU?

#2506 April, 2021, 08:47 pm.

maybe you could try another mobile internet provider? ofcourse if you able to just to check perhaps if its because of the internet provider

in my country there are some internet provider that not suited for online games purpose (intermittent disconnection, lagging/latency etc)

their internet setting are seems very suited for browsing experience, while online game (some features maybe) usually demand a good un-interrupted internet connection.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited April 7 #2607 April, 2021, 02:07 pm.

Why or why so few ebublo traces.... and what makes it especially difficult is final task requires 13 great. With so few appearing - naturally and with TTD.. and just one slip causing a great to be good... and typically always catching first hit... it makes it a very slow grind... been stuck on that one task now for a day and only half-way through... Just plain evil from developers ;o) !

• KitCaitsidheKitCaitsidhe Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2707 April, 2021, 03:27 pm.

Ebublio spells are few and far between and why aren't spell energy spawning? This is just frustratingly obvious that you are trying to force people to spend more money. I already spend too much money on this game. If you won't make my investment fun, then I see no reason to play.

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #2808 April, 2021, 08:35 am.

With the epilogue you need 33 great ebulios. Saps all the fun out of the game, just a miserable long grind.

#2908 April, 2021, 10:16 am.

brilliant event supposed to be for all player (including new player) isnt it, lets just make it a practice to achieve the godly spell named as Masterfull

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #3008 April, 2021, 07:26 pm.

Is anyone else having trouble with the tasks for this event? I literally have one more item to place in the epilogue and all I have is a white circle. If you tap on it it’s a black screen.

• HistcyHistcy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3109 April, 2021, 02:53 am.

Why why why do you put so many great spells in these events? I have great difficulty finishing because of it and consequently don’t get the rewards I need. Put it in the epilogue for those who are better at it so those of us who have problems with the spells have a chance to get the dada books.