AR will not turn off, even though settings show it “off”

MortyDocMortyDoc Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2020 in General Questions #1 latest comment 04 April, 2021, 03:43 am.

AR suddenly turned on during a challenge battle last week, and it won’t go away. I’ve verified settings, logged out and reloaded...still AR for all traces and battles. I can’t stand the feature...how do I get it to turn back off?

level 46 Auror

Post edited by HPWUblue on
Tagged:

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #213 April, 2020, 07:35 am.

To turn it on / off:

1. Start a Fortress-Battle
    2. Wait for an Enemy to spawn
    3. Tap the Enemy-Icon
    4. Tap on the "AR+"-Switch
  • WizardofJasoomWizardofJasoom Posts: 1
    #330 April, 2020, 09:44 pm.

I have this same issue. AR is turned off in the app settings, but still is constantly on. I have to go to the phone OS settings and prevent WizardsUnite from accessing the camera to turn it off. But it is required for port keys, so I have to turn it on manually in the phone settings when I want to use that feature. Annoying.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,364 mod
    #430 April, 2020, 10:15 pm.

Welcome to the Community @WizardofJasoom! That's one way to disable AR mode (Camera Permission) but if you wish do disable it from within the app, you can do so in the Trace Encounter Screen.

Note: You can't see this option if you've denied Camera Permission to the app.

Also, you can use Portkey without AR by disabling the 'Enable Gyroscope for Portkeys' option on the Settings menu. Cheers!

• MadameGingerMadameGinger Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #524 September, 2020, 12:38 am.

Thank you for the help in this thread! This just happened to me and I couldn’t figure it out.

• Hollygo14Hollygo14 Posts: 2
    #604 April, 2021, 03:40 am.

I suddenly have the same issue and I may have to stop playing!!Its maddening. AR is turned off. In the first answer to this query it said #4 torn off AR switch. Can you see that on the Home Screen? It’s off in settings. I thought it was the compass looking thing at the to righr

• Hollygo14Hollygo14 Posts: 2
    edited April 4 #704 April, 2021, 03:43 am.

Aha! I found the switch in a battle but still don’t know what turned it on. But I keep having to do it every battle or foundable. Why did this start?