April Adversaries Event 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
edited March 30 in Announcements #1 latest comment 08 April, 2021, 02:33 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Get ready to take on fiery beasts as you go head-to-head against three Ancient Dragons!

From Friday, April 2 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, April 5 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased Adversary sightings of the Ancient Norwegian Ridgeback, Ancient Hungarian Horntail and Ancient Ukrainian Ironbelly
  • Increased spawns of Dragon Egg Portmanteaus, including: Peruvian Vipertooth Egg, Chinese Fireball Egg, Welsh Green Egg and Antipodean Opaleye Egg
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Guaranteed Occamy Fragments from Dark Chambers (Chamber 16 and above)
  • Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge Family XP from completing Challenges

Players between Level 4 and Level 14 will be able to access a special Baruffio’s Spotlight Event during this time, with the following bonuses:

• Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time reduced to 6 hours
  • Master Notes will reduce Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time by 50%
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir effects increased to 3X Wizarding XP

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 126 ✭✭✭✭
    #230 March, 2021, 07:10 pm.

Thank you @hpwulola

Will this mean that L4 to L14 wont have any specific foundables during the Spotlight hour and only the Baruffio effects and time etc is boosted?

• Silverclaw24Silverclaw24 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #430 March, 2021, 07:20 pm.

The features of the Baruffio's Spotlight event will only apply on the players Lvl 4-14?

Players with higher levels won't have 3x XP with Baruffio and shortened brewing time?

• Silverclaw24Silverclaw24 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #630 March, 2021, 08:29 pm.

Also, the Occamy Fragments from the Dark chambers is the usual Occamy that can drop now from Fortress when using Magizoology runestone, or is it Occamy Eggs foundable (the one from the map, with juggling troll)?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1131 March, 2021, 02:06 am.

@hpwulola

One of the tasks is to return 3 Dragon egg foundables from Portmanteaus. AdventureSync is still broken and many people can't be walking around, due to restrictions. Get ready for the massive outrage from people that will not be able to complete the event, since they can't break pandemic restrictions, just to complete the event.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    #1231 March, 2021, 02:23 am.

I'm genuinely confused about the outrage regarding adventure sync. I'm an Android user and it's not broken for me. Even if it was, it is a feature that was introduced well after the game was launched. When I first started playing, you got credit for distance only while the game was active. That still works.

There is a Google Game Booster app that can help with this issue. It is installed with Android OS. After launching HPWU, swipe up then tap the icon in the lower left corner. It will lock and dim your screen, but leave the game operating as though it were in the foreground. Now you can walk around with your phone in your pocket and all the steps will count.

No, not as complete as Adventure Sync, but it actually worked quite well for me before the feature was introduced and I still use it today.

So, yes, it's a pain and AS should be fixed, but you can still open Portkeys the old fashioned way.

So, what am I missing? Why are people saying they can't open portkeys because of AS not working?

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    #1331 March, 2021, 02:55 am.

(Posting / signing in is working again? Woo!)

So I'd like to get something clarified here:

We've got dragon egg portkeys, so we can place the eggs, but nothing to get the dragons themelves, so we can't actually prestige the pages, and can't actually advance?

Sigh.

Still, it's something.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31 #1531 March, 2021, 03:51 am.

Hi Everyone! 

Here are the Infographics for the April 2021 Adversaries Event 1- Ancient Dragons

Moderator edit: Added the last screenshot from their other comment.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    #1631 March, 2021, 04:10 am.

use 2 EDM?

so if we dont have/save any we should buy them then eh.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    #1831 March, 2021, 05:56 am.

@EPHedwig maybe because friendlist update disaster earlier which affecting on multiple games?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1931 March, 2021, 06:21 am.

@HPWUblue The image you added was at the top of their post, already.

Also, if you see my image post in the queue, still, please delete it; as it was probably posted right after theirs and still sitting in limbo.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #2031 March, 2021, 06:26 am.

@HPWUTeam please spawn Granian hair on the map. It is the fastest to brew so I use it a lot in fighting the 2nd guards. It is rare lately, including in the portkeys.

Thank you very much for the reduced brew time. I am having difficulty restocking my potions, but the reduced brew time will make it worth it to rent a cauldron.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,310 mod
    #2131 March, 2021, 06:56 am.

Oops, my bad. Thank you @BenTiger

• zamiramoodyzamiramoody Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2431 March, 2021, 04:44 pm.

Chiming in as another Android user with broken Adventure sync. And yes, we all know we can walk portkeys with the app open. I'm lucky to not be in lockdown (many people still are); but live in an urban area where phones get stolen out of people's hands every single day. If you are going to do an event with rare egg fragments in portkeys it should be equally accessible to all players.

• TxTohruTxTohru Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2531 March, 2021, 07:52 pm.

Why is there a Dark Chamber requirement????? I'll be playing with the kiddos and they are nowhere near Dark abilities yet.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    #2631 March, 2021, 10:11 pm.

I am SO! MAD!!! Adventure Sync is still broken for me, so I can't complete all the tasks.

Although, weirdly, during the day while I sit and work and don't move, my wizard walks around and sometimes I get my 0.25km for the Daily Tasks. But yesterday, I drove over 25 miles with the app open on the passenger seat; this ALWAYS registers some distance, and I got NOTHING.

• tazotazo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2801 April, 2021, 03:14 am.

In the newsletter it says my dragon event in New Zealand is starting on the 3rd which is correct BUT says it is ending on the 5th when it should be the 6th. Please confirm the 6th is the correct date.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #2901 April, 2021, 08:19 am.

@Hannager: Yeah, same here, I find adversary fights pretty boring. I'll likely do the 3 required for the first round of tasks and ignore them for the rest.

@TxTohru: What Dark Chamber requirement?

• CorePhoenixCorePhoenix Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3001 April, 2021, 11:53 am.

Another android player with adventure sync not working. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the portkey task!!

While I am saddened to not be able to fully collect dragon eggs the way other witches and wizards will, making opening portkeys a requirement to complete the event tasks will mean fewer android players able to complete the event.

We should not be punished for our choice of phone or our inability to venture outside given the present circumstances

• NystrumNystrum Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3101 April, 2021, 06:52 pm.

Sounds good! I’ve collected 118 Silver Keys waiting for an event with dragon eggs.