March Brilliant Event - Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,122 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 26 March, 2021, 03:58 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Great Lakeshore during Part 1 of the The New Marauders Brilliant Event, starting Sunday, March 21 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Young Lily Evans - Wizarding Challenges
  • Golden Snitch - Tasks
  • Young Severus Snape - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Young James Potter - Encounter
  • Brilliant Wormtail - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭
    #318 March, 2021, 06:43 pm.

im watching https://twitter.com/HPwitchesunite/status/1372609878628438021?s=20 and i tihnk the be tasks are going to be as grindy, there's also bonus which author of video does not think have been (bonus tasks) adjusted to shortened BE.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #418 March, 2021, 07:04 pm.

Thanks for the update Lola!

• JagielloniaJagiellonia Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #719 March, 2021, 06:58 am.

How do people get the data in advance to create these pictures?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #819 March, 2021, 07:53 am.

@Jagiellonia WB provides the influencers of the game such as Orange Wizard & XpectoGO with the info to help/hype the community.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭
    #919 March, 2021, 08:14 am.

Well, thats good the spell book reward back to 10, last brilliant reward was less than 10 isnt it.🤔

#1019 March, 2021, 09:02 am.

@Jagiellonia XpetoGo (my pics above) is a youtuber that is in the NDA group (a group of 'influencers' who are in an NDA agreement with WB) who get info early-ier to create these stuff for the community. Plotter got the info from them when they released it.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #1119 March, 2021, 04:01 pm.

@XpectoGO Can you or anyone else please explain “why” they keep pushing

“your highest fortress” during these events?

IF it’s something other than forcing you to use up spell energy and potions, love to know.

It’s become very hard to find a “good” group of players in Dark V. Since many have left or choose not to play, getting 3 in Dark V is iffy.

These event tasks are starting to give me flashbacks of grad level organic chem! 😬

• DjeaDjea Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited March 20 #1220 March, 2021, 02:00 am.

Orange Wizard, I am so sorry for your lost. I am not very good with helping people with words so I will just send you Reiki healing energy. I hope it works.

@WitchAlesea@WitchHikerProbably the HPWU team's way of encouraging us to learn to work together. It seems to be getting a lot better, in my experience anyway.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has difficulty finding people to play with in the Knight Bus. This is when being able to play with friends will be useful.

Post edited by Djea on
  • EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #1321 March, 2021, 04:04 am.

@WitchHiker I've had decent luck with getting good teams in Dark V earlier on in the event, which is when a lot of the heavier players are looking to complete that task - for previous events that means completing the main tasks by Friday or Saturday and doing that first in the bonus. Not sure how that will translate to the shortened event though since I suspect lots of newer players will forgo the bonus altogether and more experienced players might grind harder earlier.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #1621 March, 2021, 01:10 pm.

@WitchHiker it may be because these events are pre-set ahead of time or possibly they are trying to focus on the concept of the playerbase interacting with one another

I've been thinking of this task often, what would be a good way to improve this task without actually removing it that accommodates solo style gamers(Apart from the obvious private fortressing with friends)

Perhaps an official "how to fortress " post that teaches players how to do certain things when they join a chamber with randoms.

Or a method that groups players into a fortress without you being the one who has to look for them.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #1721 March, 2021, 01:18 pm.
  • ResurrectionIvyResurrectionIvy Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #1821 March, 2021, 07:55 pm.

I have returned about 6 Legends of Hogwarts Snapes (from the glass jar) and have only gotten credit for 1. What am I missing?

edited March 21 #1921 March, 2021, 08:26 pm.

in bonus complete highest chamber it counts it for the task if you enter in highest unlocked chamber on your own and just sit there let timer run down and lose the chamber, just did it w a be rune got defeat but task is done! @WitchHiker

• StupefyStupefy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 21 #2021 March, 2021, 10:19 pm.

Brilliant Wormtail is basically non-existent. 20+ Brilliant James to 1... Just 1... Brilliant Wormtail.

x2 TFTD and a huge spawn area without TFTD as well.

• HannagerHannager Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #2121 March, 2021, 11:47 pm.

The one good thing about this event is that the tasks for returning the two different brilliant foundables actually count the number of fragments gained instead of the number of times you have returned them. So using the trace charm to gain extra fragments will count towards the task - THANK YOU. Please keep it this way in the future!!

I find those tasks so dull as I just end up constantly clicking the brilliant foundables only to find its not the one I need for my current task. It's so frustrating how as soon as you need one in particular it becomes a lot rarer!

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2222 March, 2021, 01:36 am.

am i tripping or is something wrong with brilliant wormtail?

half the brilliant traces I click on just give me a connection error and kick me back to the map.

the other half are wormtail and after winning the trace, it's a blank success screen.

Haven't seen a brilliant james in 9 hours after 4 tonics.

what up?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22 #2322 March, 2021, 02:36 am.

Okay, I am on my third TTD and have gotten one Snape in a Jar from each. So if it continues as it has been that means I will have used five TTDs to complete just that one task. Ridiculous!

Update: Right after posting this, I used my 4th TTD and almost immediately got 2 Snape’s! It never fails!

Post edited by CeruleanGirl on
  • BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2422 March, 2021, 04:00 am.

I attempted a reinstall and am now stuck in an app start loop that never lets me log in.

Just attempts to load, then it says connection lost, return to map, then it restarts the app load.

Please help

• DygytDygyt Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2522 March, 2021, 05:38 am.

Sirius Black fending off dementors. is this an encounter too or somewhere else?

• KenSadLuKenSadLu Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2622 March, 2021, 06:04 am.

@Owlx I tried your suggestion to not open the event registry page until I needed runestones, but the game didn’t give me a choice. Once I had 20 James’ it said “place image” and there was no way to close the window besides that button, which automatically gave me all the saved runestones even though I didn’t place the image. Do you have any advice for how to get around that next time? Thank you!

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2722 March, 2021, 06:15 am.

I’ve now used 16 brilliant runestones that have rewarded me TWO Lily Evans fragments. Typical nonsense. Shady and ridiculous.

• KellbaxKellbax Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 22 #2822 March, 2021, 06:57 am.

@Dygyt it’s the legends of hogwarts potions classroom Sirius Black foundable.

#3022 March, 2021, 08:00 am.

@BollaRice fill out this form:

and reply to the email that you still have probs, then they can fix ur accnt.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 22 #3122 March, 2021, 12:47 pm.

Events - too easy ... lets reduce to 4 days and make spawns even worse.

Took until today to get all wormtails even with TTD. Now, finished all tasks bar sirus black - again 2 TTDs and not one spawn of Sirus?! All I get is snape, snape and snape - trapped in a bottle.

It would be nice to not report issues in an event and just say how wonderful it worked out.