March Adversaries Event 1: Narcissa Malfoy

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 19 March, 2021, 11:30 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Prepare for another meetup with the Malfoy family as you go head-to-head against Narcissa Malfoy!

From Tuesday, March 16 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, March 18 at 11 p.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased sightings of the Narcissa Malfoy Adversary
  • Increased sightings of Leprechaun Oddities
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 50%

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #213 March, 2021, 01:15 am.

Could we ask for brown centaur instead? 🤔

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #313 March, 2021, 02:16 am.

Don't make adveseries event now because this server is unstable, so adveseries can be kicked out if connection is unstable.

Get ready for Nacrissa Malfoy because this is big dodge one too.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13 #613 March, 2021, 06:29 am.

Thanks for the 2 adver events, I thought w 2 /half weeks wed be getting 1 be/1 adv lol, but beyond that; yes, please either make both events 3 days or 2 + 3, for EU timezones the half day is completely lost, even w/o curfews (which most countries in the EU have imposed since Oct) that half day is 2000-08000, ppl are asleep, xD

Also, I do hope the leprechauns dont decrease Narcissa/dm spawns.

• FigletteFiglette Posts: 1
    #913 March, 2021, 03:58 pm.

My game stopped letting me play on March 12. What’s going on?

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    edited March 14 #1014 March, 2021, 02:12 pm.

Has the task list come out yet? That would be super helpful to prepare given that Narcissa is one of the toughest adversaries to date.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14 #1114 March, 2021, 10:11 pm.

@EPHedwig

Owl post with orange wizard infographics after approval

Or here now

• KitRamblingKitRambling Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited March 15 #1315 March, 2021, 03:10 am.

Well, looking at the task list, it’s a good thing Narcissa is too hard for me and I was planning on skipping her anyway (since I haven’t completed a profession tree). I don’t have Forest IV unlocked yet.

Now I’m a little nervous about needing to unlock chambers for the Peter and the Ironbelly event, since I’ve just started getting into the forest chambers and I was planning to participate in that one. Should probably spend the 20 RSBs I’ve been sitting on since the last brilliant event trying to decide which skills to build.

• LUNASOOLLUNASOOL Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #1415 March, 2021, 03:40 am.

La verdad es un albersario terrible narcisa. Yo la eh enfrentado y los primeros golpes los esquiva aún con posion de estimulo fuerte. Y ella y los dragones para mí nivel. Es complicado derrotarlos. Es perdida de posiciones. Ya cuando tenga más nivel. Espero derrotarla en algún momento. Mientras no creo pasar del segundo asalto.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1515 March, 2021, 04:19 am.
    #1615 March, 2021, 11:00 am.

Not see-ing leprechaun for a while. I hope its really increase

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #1715 March, 2021, 12:52 pm.

Thanks @Owlx! Can somebody remind me exactly how a single regular Exstimulo potion is supposed to beat Narcissa? The free store pack is a joke compared to the task list and honestly wastes a potion inventory space. I'm also glad I have 50 healing potions saved up because those will be needed - past Adversaries events have awarded them in droves but not the hardest feared one?? This event is gonna be a challenge and not in a good way, not sure it's worth the resources.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #1815 March, 2021, 01:46 pm.

@EPHedwig don't forget use combat profession is professor, because this is good one accuracy for nacrissa too.

• MidlakeAmyniMidlakeAmyni Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #2015 March, 2021, 02:39 pm.

@Silverboggle not to mention covid curfews, I'd get a fine for being outside during 8 of those 12 extra hours.

They should either do one 48 hour event with 1 adversary, and one 72 hour event with 2 adversaries, or make both events 72 hours. I see no reason this event couldn't start 12 hours earlier so it'd be 72 hours.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2115 March, 2021, 03:41 pm.

@Yohanes12 actually, according to research, while professor is going to get dodged less, s/he also has a lot less power and no defence breach, so you spend more resources creating more 'opportunity' for her to dodge you, while auror with potent+wit or strong+wit needs 4 successful critical strikes to defeat her. Yes, she may dodge 4-5 potions before you land those 4 strikes/hits but overall assuming you play more than 1-2 chains/10mins etc (1+ hrs ) auror is overall better than professor despite accuracy deficit. And in gen unfortunately the game/professions are heavily unbalanced towards auror.

Personally I'm greatly anticipating this event, I'll go out there and not go back in until she's gold starred, then thereafter I never have to deal w her again, 1st-2nd guardian and flee.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #2215 March, 2021, 04:15 pm.

The Exstimulo Potion can be used defeating one of the first 3 Feared Adversaries. I found that I can defeat Narcissa Malfoy using 2 Wit-Sharpening Potions and a Strong Exstimulo Potion, or by using a Wit-Sharpening Potion and a Potent Exstimulo Potion. Most of the time, I don't have to use a healing potion.

I find the Dragons a lot more difficult.

• Shadowkitty0060Shadowkitty0060 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2516 March, 2021, 07:47 am.

Sorry to hij-ack this thread, but can as many people as possible check your settings on your phone

Settings - apps - WU app - permissions

Do you have a PHYSICAL ACTIVITY permission?

So far some people do and are not having trouble with adventure sync, and some people don't and adventure sync is not working for them.

Please post findings on GAME UPDATE 2.17.0 thread Not on here.

Thanks and again sorry for the hi-jack.

We may be onto something.

• ModestyPerksModestyPerks Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2616 March, 2021, 12:49 pm.

I quite agree with some of the other comments on this thread. Why do we have 2,5 days for an event? The extra 12 hours are during the night in my timezone (7 PM till 7 AM). I'll be asleep (or at least in bed) for about 8 of those hours. Even if I decided to forego sleeping, I wouldn't be able to go out and play because of the COVID measures in my country.... If I leave my house between 9 PM and 4:30 AM I can be fined....

Can someone explain this to us?? @hpwulola

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #2716 March, 2021, 06:18 pm.

Hey, so was anyone able to read the opening dialogue?

Thanks!

#2816 March, 2021, 06:20 pm.

i can read the conversation text at my phone. something about harry couldnt sleep i think (cant really remember, skippy thumb here). LoL