Dark Arts Spotlight Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,117 admin
edited March 12 in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 March, 2021, 08:14 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

We are excited to announce the Dark Arts Spotlight Event happening this weekend, from Friday, March 12 at 11 a.m. PST to Monday, March 15 at 11 a.m. PST. The event will provide:

-Increased Dark Arts traces from Knockturn Alley and Fallen Ministry Atrium Registry pages, including:

• Hag
  • Executioner
  • Thestral
  • Swooping Evil
  • Portrait of Bellatrix Lestrange
  • Percival Graves
  • Portrait of Voldemort
  • Tom Riddle

-Increased Challenge XP from completing an Adversaries chain Encounter

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #211 March, 2021, 07:11 pm.

Sounds good. Took me AGES to get my first Swooping Evil in the registry, so hopefully can Prestige some more pages.

• Silverclaw24Silverclaw24 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #311 March, 2021, 07:14 pm.

Will Tonic reveal these Dark Arts Traces? Like during Emergency Traces Spotlight event?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 140 ✭✭✭✭
    #411 March, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Thank you @hpwulola !

Oooh how is Swooping Evil part of the Dark Arts when it's sooo BEAUTIFUL!😍

Also, Last weeks Spotlight Feedback incoming😊💜

• GatitoKabonGatitoKabon Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #511 March, 2021, 07:20 pm.

My husband is going to cry... Finally he will complete the Swooping Evil!!! :)

• LondonBeelowLondonBeelow Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #711 March, 2021, 07:25 pm.

"increased Challenge XP from completing an Adversaries chain Encounter". Does this mean more adversaries appear during this event as well? If so which ?

• theRealGB3theRealGB3 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #811 March, 2021, 07:27 pm.

Appreciate the Spotlight Event. LOVED the event last weekend.

if I understand, there’s no tasks, no reduce brew times, just MOAR of certain Foundables?

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1111 March, 2021, 07:58 pm.

@hpwulola

What LondonBeelow asked.

Will more dark marks appear on the map during this event?

• LondonBeelowLondonBeelow Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1211 March, 2021, 08:06 pm.

@Antique100 wizard PhD just did a stream . Sounds like no increase in adversary spawns but challenge exp increased 3 times first foe , 7 times second , and 10 times for main. Personally I am saving edibles for a better event down the road , perhaps lethal.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭
    #1311 March, 2021, 08:48 pm.

@EPHedwig scroll down youre not obliged to tag my posts, just like im ignoring yours.

#1511 March, 2021, 09:37 pm.

@AltarielValice nope no troll, I just like efficiency and this game's devs arent (efficient). I aint bashing anyone who hasnt bashed me first. I dont like my schedule upset and it has been upset so I let the devs know, they (user) thought it ok to let me know I was to be ashamed or something, I am not and neither should be. If and when I actually see some useful/constructive critisism I do take it into consideration. When someone tells me i should go read a book bc i find the game boring rather than tell the devs to step up their game, I see no constructive criticism there. I have no wish to be mean to anyone, but I do not understand why I have to be tagged either b/c someone clearly doesnt like what I write, scroll down, it's what I do when I see anyone's post I disagree with.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #1611 March, 2021, 10:14 pm.

Thank you very much HPWU team for the increased number of Dark Mark traces that I have encountered today. I have already earned more DADA books than I did using 2 Edible Dark Marks earlier today. Also thanks for the increased Spell Energy and ingredients on the map. I will be ready for the spotlight event this weekend. *\0/* Thank you very much HPWU team for all your hard work in making this game so special!

• JProto85JProto85 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1711 March, 2021, 10:40 pm.

@Drakonite I agree with you. The spotlight events don’t offer much (although I did like the emergency foundable one because I got tons of Ministry Manuals). I’m getting bored waiting for an event calendar too. I need green books and can’t get them until they figure out their mess. It seems like every time they fix one thing it breaks three others. Which gets annoying, especially since I spend money in the game from time to time.

Lately when they have these spotlight events I just don’t log in and use it as time away from the game. It saves me some money too since I’m not tempted to buy anything to keep playing.

Hopefully they get back on track soon and introduce some quality control within the development team.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1811 March, 2021, 10:42 pm.

@hpwulola

Thanks for another spotlight event... 2.17 broke the game even more and did not properly fix the bugs that it claims to fix, so it is good that many of the players that are in a near unplayable state, now, are not missing out on an actual event.

#1911 March, 2021, 10:46 pm.

@JProto85 one can only hope!

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #2011 March, 2021, 10:52 pm.

Love the spotlight events. They add something different to standard game play. Some don't really interest me, but some are great.

Especially love Swooping Evil!! It's the only Exploration registry page that isn't gold for me and I'm still bronze on that one. Hope to make it gold with this event. I have my trace charms fully loaded and ready. I have plenty of Ex potions too, just in case.

Should be a fun one.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    #2111 March, 2021, 11:36 pm.

i hope this mean there will be page 1 oddities spotlight event.

• LobLob Posts: 69 ✭✭
    #2212 March, 2021, 12:46 am.

Swooping evil...goodbye silver frame. 💃

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #2312 March, 2021, 05:32 pm.

@hpwulola Please extend a thank you to the team for having a lighter Spotlight event after the update so that everyone can work out the kinks and nobody misses important gameplay because of newly introduced bugs - that hasn't happened in the past, so thanks for learning from previous mistakes and please continue that in the future!

I also want to again plug how nice it is to play the game without events for a bit - I started this week with 9 exploration page foundables that I didn't have starred on gold (excepting the dragons), and with liberal use of the trace charm I got 3 of them starred just in the last few days! Hilariously I saw as many Demiguises in the wild this week as I did in the last Brilliant event when they were supposedly "boosted." Honestly, I don't know how beginning and intermediate players can advance in the game with all of the events messing with the spawn rates.

• Cat05birdCat05bird Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2412 March, 2021, 07:15 pm.

Perhaps I have a bad connection but I am getting no dark arts traces. Also my trace charms aren’t working

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited March 12 #2512 March, 2021, 08:16 pm.

Since 2pm CT (11am PT) game just goes dark and then crashes.

Rebooted phone, reinstalled APP and still not working. Just clocks on selecting... something not quite right on the server side.

FOUND THE ISSUE: Truned off WIFI and it worked with no issues. Strangely nothing else is impacted when WIFI is on, so it might be a glitch in the game code from recent release. I'll keep exploring.

• GryfnkeezyGryfnkeezy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 12 #2712 March, 2021, 11:10 pm.

same issue here: no increase over normal DA traces yet...updated seems to be working now, thanks!

Post edited by Gryfnkeezy on
  • DjeaDjea Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #2812 March, 2021, 11:21 pm.

May we have Swooping Evil trace spawn while using the Tonic for Trace Detection, please? I did not see one when I used a TfTD earlier. Thank you very much! 😊

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #2912 March, 2021, 11:42 pm.

Two TFTD later and zero Swooping Evil. Not too many DA at all honestly. Certainly not what I expected and not at all like the Emergency spotlight event a few days back.

I found one Swooping Evil in the wild without TFTD, so I know they are out there, but was really expecting to see them with TFTD.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    #3013 March, 2021, 12:54 am.

Using TTD hasn’t revealed any more Dark Arts traces than not using it. Still get the gray screen with backwards clock since new update.

@Magpie31 Swooping Evil-Swoop, swoop!

• Kbianco02Kbianco02 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3113 March, 2021, 02:32 am.

Used two trace charms on severe DA foundables today, and both times didn't get an additional severe foundable of any kind.

Also used Tonice for Trace today, and very few DA foundables spawned.