Updates on the 2.17.0 release and the March Events Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,123 admin
edited March 8 in Announcements #1 latest comment 14 March, 2021, 10:00 pm.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we are finalizing the March Events calendar. Our team has been focused on working on the 2.17.0 release. This update will include fixes for major bugs currently impacting players, including the issues preventing the in-game SOS Report from appearing, purchasing issues that have impacted some players on iOS, and errors with Adventure Sync impacting players on Android. While we don’t have an exact timeline for 2.17.0, we want to assure you that the team is working hard to get this release out the door. 

In the meantime, the team has designed a couple lightweight events for the interim. Note that these types of lightweight events are not structured to feature a Special Assignment task list or complimentary store pack. See below for details on these events:

Spotlight: Emergency Foundables : Friday, March 5 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday , March 8 at 11 a.m. PT

• Start the month by helping the S.O.S. The Task Force tackle this surge of Emergency Traces. Expect to see an increase of Rubeus Hagrid, Tom Riddle, Newt Scamander, and more! 

Spotlight: International Women’s Day: Monday, March 8 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, March 9 at 11 a.m. PT

• Celebrate International Women’s Day with increased appearances of prominent witches, such as Professor McGonagall, Young Hermione Granger, and others!

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this update! We will let you know when we have a timeline for the 2.17.0 release and March events. Thank you!

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #505 March, 2021, 11:59 pm.

I know that there are alternatives to run the game without the black screen error, since September I continue with this error.

• TarnishedTarnished Posts: 1
    #606 March, 2021, 12:02 am.

Thank you so much for all your time an attention to helping us playing to get the most out of the game.

• K3ila3K3ila3 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #806 March, 2021, 12:43 am.

Excited about the new update. I think is a great idea to focus on fixing. 👌

• OldbaldwizardgyOldbaldwizardgy Posts: 2
    #906 March, 2021, 01:07 am.

Thank you. Love the game. Great fun. You're the best. What's with the quaffle shortage? 3 months ago I needed 11 quaffles, I've got every magical games and sports trace for 3 months and I still need 2 more. I'm getting sick of that idiot with the exploding snap cards. More quaffles please. Still love the game.

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1206 March, 2021, 01:33 am.

Thank you for the update, although without a time frame, it isn't what I wanted to hear. At least you didn't use that dreaded word, "soon".

I don't suppose you could drop a few more dark marks on the map per day?

I'd like more dark marks because for those of us who have...

1) all regular gold frames except for the 2 Oddities dragon egg pages

2) are at level 60 , or will be by this evening

3) can't buy gold because of the IOS mess

4) have completed all the Adversary lessons in our main profession

5) have carefully examined the SOS training and have completed all the lessons that are useful to our situation (both physical & fantasy)

the only challenge left in the game right now that I can see is the Fearsome Adversary pages-- placing images and prestiging. Or, is there something I'm not seeing that I need to work on while I am patiently waiting for 2.17.0? Suggestions gratefully accepted.

I hope Lethal Adversaries will be part of 2.17.0--whenever that happens.

• Szrhappi11Szrhappi11 Posts: 2
    #1406 March, 2021, 03:46 am.

The spotlight event is not working for me. I go to assignments and it says new but it won’t show me what the assignments are. It just says check out now and nothing happens

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #1806 March, 2021, 07:10 am.

Thanks for the update - as a prof I’m quite relieved not to have an adversary event looming, and having a different type of event is a really nice touch, too. Unfortunately, the lack of brilliant event does leave me stranded on trying to complete another profession tree to overcome the prof problems, but March is really busy in the general sense so there’s a silver lining, too.

• SchnatzHunterSchnatzHunter Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited March 6 #2006 March, 2021, 01:13 pm.

@hpwulola Will the update also fix the „money stealing“ bug in iOS and give finaly the already paid gold into the accounts (for my wife and me together over €200!!!) Even the apple support now told me to contact a lawer to get my money back.

Will the new version fix this, or do I really have to go the hard way?

Here the finaly last response from the apple support in the original language (German):

Nach sorgfältiger Prüfung Ihres Falls haben wir festgestellt, dass wir Ihren Einkauf aufgrund unserer Nutzungsbedingungen leider nicht zurückerstatten können.

Da ich kein Rechtsvertreter von Apple bin, kann ich Ihnen in diesem Fall leider keine Lösung anbieten. Weitere E-Mails zu diesem Thema können leider nicht beantwortet werden.

Wenn Sie weitere Hilfe zu dieser Angelegenheit benötigen, wenden Sie sich bitte an Ihren Rechtsvertreter.

• CrisabellaCrisabella Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2106 March, 2021, 02:22 pm.

Thank you for all your work, im just wondering about when I will get greenhouses/ inns/ fortresses back in my area? In the twin cities (mpls and st paul) we still don't have these in our neighborhood since the last update. Please let us know when this will be addressed since it is causing major problem in completing the events.

• goshe7goshe7 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited March 6 #2206 March, 2021, 03:40 pm.

YES!!!!!! The fix I've been waiting for since December is coming... um, when exactly? Oh yeah, the team is working on it just like they have since December and January and February update messages. In the meantime, I have even less reason to play since there aren't events.

I think this is another sign that the game is on its last legs. Critical functions broken. No updates. No events.

• somaArchsomaArch Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2306 March, 2021, 04:27 pm.

Thank you for this update and for making the commitment to fix these bugs, particularly the iOS “Purchase failure” that has plagued us since November 2020. Sending a vial of felix felicis your way!

Also, it would be nice if a moderator posted the announcement in the thread discussing the in game purchasing issues, and of HPWU would consider how to address the many purchases that went through to Apple but did not yield the in-app items. There has been a lot of muggle cash that feels like has been swindled away as a result of the bug and the resulting finger pointing from both HPWU and Apple.

Best of luck with a speedy fix!

• WizardWattWizardWatt Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2406 March, 2021, 04:45 pm.

I am happy to have a light event. I have been finding it difficult to keep doing back to back events. Maybe it is something that can keep happening every so often.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2506 March, 2021, 08:36 pm.

I am hopeful for the update... but at the same time, hoping that we don't suffer from more bugs as a result of attempts to fix the current growing list of bugs.

• EyeOfYewEyeOfYew Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2606 March, 2021, 10:07 pm.

THANK YOU! I have been SO hoping you would take time off from events to fix bugs & it is very nice to have these little easy events for you to do that help us get some of the hsrder found able from our regular pages & more manuals to further our SOS trees, instead if just new brilliant pages.

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #2707 March, 2021, 06:29 am.
  • ApothikaApothika Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 7 #2807 March, 2021, 01:34 pm.

Thanks for the update! Definitely noticing glitches - particularly with daily tasks not counting when completed, so hopefully this game update will fix that. 👍🪄✨

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭
    #3007 March, 2021, 10:06 pm.

any progress on the making of march event calendar yet?

week 1 is almost over isnt it?

just want to know if there will be "light" adversary events as spotlight events also "removing" adversary from map in my area.

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #3107 March, 2021, 11:06 pm.

Awesome. Thank you and your team for doing your job. And, please, take your time.

Also we are all so very looking forward to the triple-red-book rewards for the upcoming April events.