We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
February Adversaries Event: Aragog — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

February Adversaries Event: Aragog

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,051 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 19 February, 2021, 06:40 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Can you hear the crawling in the forest? Overcome any arachnophobia you have as you come face to face against Aragog!

From Tuesday, February 16 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, February 18 at 11 p.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased sightings of the Aragog Adversary
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 50%

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• DjeaDjea Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #211 February, 2021, 07:27 pm.

I like Aragog; this will be a good event. Thank you very much!

It would be great to encourage us to use the master notes more by increasing the potentcy of the potion as well as reducing the brewing time. 😉👌

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #311 February, 2021, 08:14 pm.

In bound owl post with infographics

Pending approval

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #411 February, 2021, 09:01 pm.

Could you increase snowdrops too please? Thanks! 😃

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭
    #612 February, 2021, 12:03 am.

seems pretty simple, would be easier if EDM give aragog only isn it (considering event time about 2 days now?) 🤔

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 174 ✭✭
    #712 February, 2021, 12:30 am.

@Kodokmag there's a chance get different adveseries in EDM. Anyway it's time to marathon Aragog until exstimulo and healing empty...

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12 #812 February, 2021, 02:36 am.

@Yohanes12 i would do that if i could find many many of aragog. Unfortunately, even if adversaries is boost up, every event my potent extimulo only go down for about ten of potions, that is how 'abundance' they boost up. Last event can not even prestige to bronze (1 up from basic)

• MidlakeAmyniMidlakeAmyni Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #912 February, 2021, 12:29 pm.

@hpwulola why is this event 60 hours instead of 48 or 72? This is unfair to certain time zones (such as Europe). Why not move community day to sunday and make this event 72 hours? Events should either be based on local time or a multitude of 24 hours

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1012 February, 2021, 03:31 pm.

I came here to say the same as @MidlakeAmyni ... feeling pretty cheated in the UK that we get a 2 day event, when it could be 3 days if I just happened to live in the US.

Given that Adversary events are the only thing to play for once the main registry is complete, Level 60 is reached, etc ... it stings a little!

Local time, or full 24hr periods, please @hpwulola 😭

#1112 February, 2021, 04:34 pm.

@PomonaMroz you'd think after last community day they would hire someone just to focus on timezones, but apparently they still struggle with understanding how timezones work

• McLightMcLight Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1212 February, 2021, 06:26 pm.

Logging my complaints as well @hpwulola . Feeling cheated by the asymetric times.

#1312 February, 2021, 07:04 pm.

Two days is enough to finish this special assignment. The extra time is bonus. And most people spend Sundays with family (not Community Days.)

#1412 February, 2021, 07:34 pm.

Then the event should be 2 days, not 2.5. The extra time is only a bonus for some timezones, not for all timezones, but this is a world wide game.

#1513 February, 2021, 05:24 am.

It depends. My mornings are busy until after lunch so I can't play even if they made the event 3 days. Besides, I usually ran out of energy after 2 days of intense playing.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited February 13 #1613 February, 2021, 10:07 am.

@Djea I’m sorry to say it, but you appear to be missing the point, and somehow you think that it matters how you personally play for this thread.

To be extra clear: we’re saying that different people will have different events, depending on where they live. For a supposedly global game, that must be a massive oversight or an intentional move to be a US-prioritized game.

What’s next? An 11am-3pm PST Community Day?

Non-US players may as well find a new game if that’s the case, so I think it’s understandable that we’re interested in why events are starting to be run like this (and is why we’re disappointed if this is the direction it’s headed!).

#1713 February, 2021, 10:32 pm.

I, too, have missed completing a lot of Community Days and other events because they conflicted with my schedule. Quite frankly, covid-19 gave me more chances to play. All I am saying is to just do your best and not mind it so much if you don't finish it. Just have fun. I find it more relaxing that way.

#1814 February, 2021, 09:55 am.

It’s not about being able to finish the event or not, I’ll probably finish the task within a few hours. The problem is, as pomonamroz already said, that "different people will have different events, depending on where they live". It’s just not fair for a global game to plan events like this.

Also still waiting for a response from @hpwulola

#1915 February, 2021, 03:06 am.

You have a valid point, events should be adjusted to everyone's time zones but that might be a lot more work for them to keep track of the events. Maybe, the HPWU team will be able to make the perfect schedule (until they have another new event to introduce.)

Soon we will be able to travel again, and we will miss a lot of the changes that they made to accommodate us during the pandemic. And Community Days will be when we don't have the time to participate. I intend to enjoy the HPWU events as long as I can.

Thank you very much for such a wonderful game!

edited February 15 #2015 February, 2021, 08:33 am.

Seriously? “That might be a lot more work”? Remember last community day, where early timezones had events overlapping? Not being concerned with timezones is a lot more work because of the issues it causes and frankly just ridiculous for a GLOBAL game.

if you make a global game with events you have to work with timezones. That’s how it works.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    #2116 February, 2021, 07:14 pm.

@MidlakeAmyni I don’t understand, why is it different outside the US? Are you getting the event for a shorter time? If so, that is rather odd.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    #2216 February, 2021, 07:25 pm.

It would have been really nice to get a couple of Unicorn Hairs rather than, say, the Ginger Root or the key as a reward. Just saying!! 😉

• Groundwalker80Groundwalker80 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2316 February, 2021, 08:49 pm.

Used an edible dark mark and not one Aragog showed up during the effective period. Nice Job! (Sarcasm in case you can't figure that out.)

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2416 February, 2021, 11:14 pm.

@CERULEANGIRL Agreed! More unicorn hairs please! An increase in snowdrops would be appreciated as well.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2516 February, 2021, 11:19 pm.

@CeruleanGirl If an event runs from noon until midnight in North America but runs for exactly the same hours in Europe, that means it's running from 7pm to 7am there.

So, North Americans get Tuesday afternoon/evening, all day Wednesday and all day Thursday.

Europeans get only get Tuesday night (7pm onward), all day Wednesday and all day Thursday. Admittedly, they get until 7am on Friday. But very few players will actually play much between midnight and 7am.

So, they are feeling short-changed because North American are getting an extra half-day of playable time for this event.

And they are correct. The game should not operate that way.

• RedravenwingsRedravenwings Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2616 February, 2021, 11:48 pm.

It would help if the damage inflicted to foes in the Wizarding challenges were actually registered. I just did 2 tower chambers and 6 enemies and none of it showing up at all.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2717 February, 2021, 12:27 am.

So where is Argog? Not much of a boost for this adversary event. I've used an EDM got

1 Aragog 1 Ridgeback and Lockhart.

In the wild I've seen 2 basilisk, a horntail, Peter and another Lockhart.

• TdactylTdactyl Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #2817 February, 2021, 01:17 am.

Used up the 3 EDMs I had, and encountered 2 Aragogs.

Wasn't this supposed to be boosted?

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #2917 February, 2021, 12:14 pm.

Today I fought 4 encounters "in the wild". 2 Gilderoy Lockharts, one Basilisk and one Draco Malfoy. Where's Aragog? I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try an EDM since during previous events they didn't generate the boosted adversaries.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    #3017 February, 2021, 01:05 pm.

loving the boosted adversaries in general but I think for future events they either need to make the featured adversary spawn wayyyy more with the use of dark marks or boost them way more in the wild. I've gotten a few Aragogs but way more lockharts, basilisks, dragons, and even fenrir and draco than Aragog and I'm trying to get as far as possible with the little time we have for the event. Otherwise it shouldn't be advertised that way

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #3117 February, 2021, 02:34 pm.

FWIW I've seen dozens of Aragog spawns around where I'm at during the event - took a walk yesterday and (while I froze), I was able to complete the adversary-related tasks easily. I realize I'm in an urban area that gets adversary spawns in the wild every day, so that may not be the experience of other players but Aragog is out there.