Top Known Issues - January 2021

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,115 admin
edited March 12 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 25 March, 2021, 09:03 am.

Hi everyone,

We know there are a few open issues in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite and we want to assure you that our team is aiming to get these resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, we want to offer a few suggestions that can temporarily help players as we work on a fix. Here are the top issues currently impacting players:

The iOS purchasing issue that prevents some players from getting items from Diagon Alley.

• Resolved with 2.17.0 Update

The Adventure Sync issue impacting Android users and preventing distance from being counted while the app is not open.

• In some cases, toggling the Adventure Sync button on and off has resolved this.
  • Players can leave the app open while walking and steps will be recorded.

The SOS Newsletter appears blank.

• Resolved with 2.17 Update

Some Android Devices only show a Black Screen.

• Some players have reported that opening the app via Google Play Store can resolve this. Find the listing for the app in the Google Play Store and tap the Open button.
  • Reddit users have found this temporary workaround to be helpful.
  • Our team is still investigating the cause of this issue, and we would appreciate your reports (including Device and OS information) shared to this thread.

Players are getting kicked out of Adversaries battles.

• We are actively investigating the potential causes of these crashes. Please continue to leave reports on this thread.

A fix for the issues with iOS purchasing, Adventure Sync, and the SOS newsletter are planned for Update 2.17.0. We do not yet have an anticipated release for the Android black screen issue or Adversaries issue. We will share details of these timelines when they are available. Our team has been working hard to resolve these issues and we really appreciate your patience.

Update March 12: I have updated this post based on what was fixed in 2.17.0. We will create a new Known Issues list after gathering your reports today.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:
49 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• rjwalker57rjwalker57 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #527 January, 2021, 02:01 pm.

My screen is freezing after finishing a wizarding challenge. I’m not being awarded items.

• goshe7goshe7 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #627 January, 2021, 05:51 pm.

Regarding the broken Adventure Sync on Android device... "Players can leave the app open while walking and steps will be recorded"

It reads like I can leave the app open, walk on a treadmill, and have that distance count like normal Adventure Sync functionality. The only difference is that the app is open instead of needing to be closed. Did I read that correctly? Or does it just mean we can record distance in the standard gameplay fashion of slow location change?

• YoushallnotpazYoushallnotpaz Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #727 January, 2021, 06:44 pm.

Players can leave the app open while walking and steps will be recorded.

You must cover the distance physically @goshe7 Walking on a treadmill wont count without AS

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 138 ✭✭✭✭
    #827 January, 2021, 08:34 pm.

Hello Hi!

Thank you @hpwulola for this update post. Communication certainly goes a long way and we certainly appreciate it!

Just some info that may assist players:

-For News announcements, there are also HPWU News channels on almost all Social Media. (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter and Instagram)

Most of them allow you to receive immediate notifications if you adjust your settings on those specific pages.

-Discord is also useful as there are many players who assist in posting out the in game news. Discord also helps to connect players in to do Knight Bus Battles and gift exchanges with specific gifts you might need as well as have immediate help when you arent sure how to play.

- YouTube has a few NDA awesome people like XpectoGO, Animagus and WizardPHD that post information as soon as its released as well as give out tips on how to complete events.

For Adventure sync issue:

- certain devices can also lock in-game so it remains open while your screen blanks out to save battery life. This can be helpful

For Adversaries: (@hpwulola )

A few players reported that it occurs with switching Wifi connections.

💜💜

I hope these also help!

• Harrio11Harrio11 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1127 January, 2021, 10:27 pm.

Well said Schnatzhunter. I am £100 out of pocket but I doubt it as they say they can’t see the purchase, even though we get charged on our Apple accounts. It’s a rort!

• HarmonyBellsHarmonyBells Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1228 January, 2021, 08:46 am.

Thank you for the update and everything you all are doing to get the fix up and running. I’m sure it’s a big process. Kudos

• GnuCajGnuCaj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1529 January, 2021, 11:58 am.

What about the login loop? Its been going om the last 3-4 hours 😒

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    #1629 January, 2021, 12:03 pm.

@GnuCaj then you need to contact support here and reply to the email they send you https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&contact=1

• LeightaLeighta Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited January 30 #1730 January, 2021, 06:34 am.

I just want a refund the $100 purchase that I can't get refunded from Apple and did not receive the gold in app. A few weeks ago I asked the in-app support if there was a place to send a copy of my Apple receipt but have yet to receive an answer.

Also: Have there been any new SOS assignments in the past 6 months? I go to the tab but it just says "coming soon"

• kyliebarrerakyliebarrera Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1830 January, 2021, 07:21 am.

What about the mystery items? I’m on level 33 and stuck on the SOS assignment finding the London 5 transcripts and redacted report mystery object? Have been stuck for months on this and would like to be able to progress.

• EaglesClaw88EaglesClaw88 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2030 January, 2021, 07:16 pm.

@Leannfiona "Sometimes I don't get an extra fragment when use the trace charm. Has this happened to others?"

Are you using the trace charm on a trace from Tonic for Trace Detection? You don't get the extra fragment on the one you charmed for some reason.

@rjwalker57 "My screen is freezing after finishing a wizarding challenge. I’m not being awarded items."

If the fragment you receive was already maxed in your registry, it doesn't display on the rewards screen. Check your challenge registry for images that are ready to be placed.

@Amnax "I don't see the bug about dodge in adversary encounters? I have yet to dodge anything, and according to my stats, i should have a 15 % dodge chance. While this is statistically possible, it is extremely improbable!"

Based on various others' research, you need at least 20% dodge to overcome the adversaries' precision.

@Leighta "Also: Have there been any new SOS assignments in the past 6 months? I go to the tab but it just says "coming soon""

No, there have been no new SOS assignments period. For the purchase issue, have you contacted https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&contact=1

• ZebrafaceZebraface Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2131 January, 2021, 02:26 pm.

Adventure Sync is no longer working on my Android phone since latest update. Also, I completed all the tasks in the 4/4 of the last Brilliant event but couldn't press any of the Claim buttons and missed out on all the rewards :(

• OnemageyOnemagey Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited February 1 #2231 January, 2021, 05:35 pm.

Traces just don't work, sometimes it does and many times I cannot trace the screen to counter founaldables. No more will my voice be unheard and ****.

Moderator Edit: I've removed the last sentence since it seemed aggravating in nature. If you believe someone is trying to make your concerns irrelevant, please report that post and we will review it. Thanks.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
  • FlameWillow152FlameWillow152 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2331 January, 2021, 06:13 pm.

I am using Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 pro and my portkeys are not syncing the distance walked even when the game is on.

• ARoccoCARoccoC Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2431 January, 2021, 10:44 pm.

When dropping a trace charm, it shows the extra fragment However, it doesn’t add it to my collection. Anyone else have this problem?

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #2501 February, 2021, 04:39 am.

@Serwyn at least with the trace charm traces not showing up, just close the app and reopen it and they all pop up. It's a pain but the app clearly has bigger bugs to fix.

• LanaMilaLanaMila Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2601 February, 2021, 07:26 am.

Last Time i found a Mystery object ist one year ago! Pls fix this...

i‘m lv 39!

• FernengelFernengel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2701 February, 2021, 11:21 am.

I am also stuck on the A Calamitous Conundrum SOS assignments of finding the London Five Transcript mystery object and the Redacted Report mystery object. Really hope that there is gonna be a fix for this soon as I find that there are more people with this problem.

• SerwynSerwyn Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2804 February, 2021, 03:37 pm.

@EPHedwig That's the point: The app is crawling under bugs, many of them present for months.

• CrisabellaCrisabella Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3005 February, 2021, 11:50 pm.

Are you guys ever gonna fix the issues in the twin cities,MN? We still have no greenhouses, inns or battle towers within the neighborhoods, lakes etc and only in the dark area. This has been an issue since the last update and it's hard on people who cant get around to not be able to go to their local park to get energy etc.

• UseMyFocusNowUseMyFocusNow Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3106 February, 2021, 12:31 am.

Google linked account is getting numerous error messages regarding wireless network—both when on cellular and on WiFi at home.