We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Triwizarding Secrets Brilliant Event – Part 1 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Triwizarding Secrets Brilliant Event – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,059 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 17 January, 2021, 07:36 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Great Hall during Part 1 of the Triwizarding Secrets Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, January 12 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Viktor Krum - Wizarding Challenges
  • Barty Crouch Senior - Tasks
  • Fleur Delacour - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Goblet of Fire - Encounter
  • Brilliant Mad-Eye Moody’s Eye - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #208 January, 2021, 07:31 pm.

Posting orangewizard infographics

Expect them after approval from room of requirement.

@Kodokmag 😉

#308 January, 2021, 07:34 pm.

Portkey image will be an award from completing the bonus.

#408 January, 2021, 07:35 pm.
    #508 January, 2021, 07:35 pm.
    #608 January, 2021, 07:35 pm.
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8 #708 January, 2021, 09:00 pm.

brew potion at first task. thank you @Owlx

looking for the brilliant registry, seems adventure sync wouldnt be fix yet for this event.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #809 January, 2021, 03:34 am.

Anybody knows if "wizarding challenges" now include adversaries, or just fortresses? There are two "use potions in challenges tasks", not clear if usage in adversary battles counts.

#909 January, 2021, 08:26 am.

I think adversary is count as a kind of fortress challenge because they reward is challenge XP isnt it?

But better wait for official response or confirm it on event.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1010 January, 2021, 01:09 am.

*Professor only* One can use a potion in a challenge without losing it on the fortress challenge.

Getting in a ruin-chamber 1 to 4 ALONE, playing with detoriation hex, so playing without the use of energy, and activating a potion works.

When the challenge is over and one is back to the map, the potion is active and can be used on a adversary or confoundable.

So no problems of spoiling a potion on a chamber.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #1110 January, 2021, 03:49 am.

@Bellefleurtjah I don't use potions on guards, only on the archfoe, so this trick won't work - I'll end up wasting the potion on the guards anyways.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭
    #1210 January, 2021, 10:22 am.

@cosk62 considering that the achievement for elties counts only fort elites (not arch-foe in advers.) i think probs they mean only in forts/KB as well for that task, but idk for 100%

• AviehendaAviehenda Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1310 January, 2021, 01:17 pm.

Will there be any potion brewing reduction time? Especially since iOS users still can’t purchase the bonus cauldron?

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1411 January, 2021, 02:30 am.

@cosk62 I don't use potions on guards either, but I rather spend them on map items than on chambers.

Plus, with prolonged strong extimulo there are three strikes for the last adversary. Just two 'wasted' instead of all.

And luckily there is also the normal extimulo, I mostly use that one for tasks.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    #1513 January, 2021, 02:29 pm.

Had a weird error happen in the Knight Bus while trying to use a Brilliant Runestone - it just went black and when I force stopped, and once the game reloaded it came up with an error saying "Unable to connect to server. Please try again later." and no traces or APIs came up. Took several more force restarts and a phone restart to get the game back up and running again but is fine now. Anyone else have this happen?

• maredonmaredon Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1613 January, 2021, 03:31 pm.

I have the same issue, only I cannot get back in

even after rebooting and re-installing

• ZierNorZierNor Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1713 January, 2021, 03:42 pm.

Also have same problem

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    #1813 January, 2021, 03:55 pm.

just got kicked of bus with baruffio's going

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1913 January, 2021, 04:20 pm.

I'm getting the same "cannot connect" message after rebooting ipad and restarting game. Downdector shows big spike for Wizards at about 8AM PT.

• AlaBalaAlaBala Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2013 January, 2021, 04:35 pm.

I'm also in restart loop after game freezing in the Knight Bus.

#2113 January, 2021, 04:54 pm.

@Kodokmag confirmed exstimulos used in adversary encounters did not count as use x exstimulos in wizarding challenges.

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    #2213 January, 2021, 06:58 pm.

@Owlx As always, thank you very much for providing the information to help us complete the challenges.

#2313 January, 2021, 09:11 pm.

@Owlx thanks for confirmation. i'm still at task part 2. 😅

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #2417 January, 2021, 07:36 am.

Man I miss playing this game! I’ve been a victim to the “iOS purchase failure” since thanksgiving! Unlocking portkeys with only 1 key takes a very long time. As does brewing potions with only 1 cauldron and 0 coins. I had been a potion brewing machine and had built up a nice stock of potent extimulos but I have just about gone through them. I miss free store packs! And I have yet to consume a dark mark of my own :( although I have come across 2 adversaries in the wild since they launched.