We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Celebrate Snape’s Birthday! — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Celebrate Snape’s Birthday!

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,031 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 January, 2021, 01:53 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Kick off the new year and surprise your Potions Master for his birthday! Celebrate Snape’s birthday all day Saturday, January 9 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time.

During the celebration, keep an eye out for the following:

-Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more of Severus Snape, Pensieve, and Young Neville Longbottom (Snape Boggart Confoundable) Foundables.

-Guaranteed Challenge fragments from the following:

• Sword of Gryffindor - Tower Chamber V
  • Half-Blood Prince’s Copy of Advanced Potion Making - Forest Chamber V
  • -Hogwarts House Cup - Dark Chamber V

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    #206 January, 2021, 07:55 pm.

detail tasks please?

and are you sure the fragments from challenge will be really really really guaranted? 🤔

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    #306 January, 2021, 08:58 pm.

expected potions brew reduction, this is just spotlight named dif. boring.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #507 January, 2021, 08:40 am.

This looks like another event to gain more Ministry Manuals. I love it except for the fact that I am running very low on Snowdrops and ginger roots for Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions. May we have more on the map, please? I have been hitching rides just to pick up Spell Energy and ingredients from the map. I don't have anyone who wants to take me to a greenhouse, and then take me back to harvest the ingredients. I have been trying to prepare for the next Adversaries Event. Dragons are very difficult because they are so fast that I need to strike harder with each opportunity. The Edible Dark Mark that I used yesterday produced 3 dragons which were so much fun to defeat. Thank you very much for making this game more enjoyable.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #807 January, 2021, 05:30 pm.

Ron. Ron. Ron Weasley.

• LobLob Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #908 January, 2021, 09:30 am.

The Pensieve...YES!!!

• MelewenMelewen Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1009 January, 2021, 12:11 am.

The event is live in Germany, but I just got a DA Sign Up Sheet instead of Snape's Potion Manual in Tower V. At least the TTD worked properly...

• Titannia1Titannia1 Posts: 1
    #1109 January, 2021, 01:33 am.

I've been missed off the party invite list... has the birthday party been cancelled?

• sablknightsablknight Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1309 January, 2021, 06:18 am.

I call **** on the "guaranteed fragments"... I've done 6 Dark V chambers since midnight and only gotten 3 house cups. That seems worse than the standard Dark V drop rate to me.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #1409 January, 2021, 08:10 am.

It's not coming up for me. There is no special assignment at all.

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1509 January, 2021, 08:17 am.

No special event showing up for me in the US either. So tired of the SNAFUS with this game.😡

• DreamOfEclipseDreamOfEclipse Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1609 January, 2021, 08:20 am.

Just completed 2 Forest V challenges witout a guaranteed fragment. Thank you HPWU for not keeping your promises. 😭

Issue has been reported as a bug...

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1809 January, 2021, 08:57 am.

@VoiceMaster thanks, that clears things up!

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #2009 January, 2021, 12:00 pm.

Really nice event, thank you!

All chamber rewards are extra, plus sometimes two presents.

• TheMissReedusTheMissReedus Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2109 January, 2021, 01:06 pm.

I don’t even have the event on my app.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2209 January, 2021, 03:00 pm.

@hpwulola It might help if the event was branded as a Spotlight event since thats really what it is - the boosted traces only appear using the TTD. I was able to star both Snape and the Pensieve on gold with just two TTDs so I'll call it a successful event! Haven't tried the fortresses though.

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #2409 January, 2021, 04:13 pm.

I don't have this event either!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9 #2509 January, 2021, 04:24 pm.

@VoiceMaster Lola's announcement (the first post in this thread) mentions the TFTD:

"Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more of Severus Snape, Pensieve, and Young Neville Longbottom (Snape Boggart Confoundable) Foundables."

For everyone questioning the guaranteed fortress fragments: as always, the bonus only applies if the lobby is started by someone in a time zone where the event is active. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if the bonus is active when you join a lobby.

• AviehendaAviehenda Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2609 January, 2021, 04:26 pm.

For the next challenge/spotlight event, reduced brewing time would be great. Especially for us iOS users that can’t purchase cauldrons due to the unresolved bug (which has no ETA on a fix).

• MiniLauriMiniLauri Posts: 2
    #2709 January, 2021, 05:29 pm.

Been waiting since midnight for the special event and it still hasn't come up on my game

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    #2809 January, 2021, 06:40 pm.

@MiniLauri there are no tasks, just boosted foundables

• YednaYedna Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2909 January, 2021, 06:44 pm.

I've attempted multiple times to access the event. No luck! 😭 I'm saddened as I was looking forward to this event. I've cleared my cache, checked for updates, and opened it multiple times. How do I get to participate in this event?? (It's currently 12:44 pm CST.)

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3009 January, 2021, 06:47 pm.

Also Tonic for Trace Detection is also 50% reduced brewing time.

Suggested tip rent cauldron brew 2 TTD save to claim for task 1 BE on Tuesday

😉 thanks @MtPollux and @Toytracker for the heads up had to share here too.