Ticket drawing registration for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival is now open!

Comments

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭
    #3225 July, 2019, 09:14 pm.

First, excited for you guys who are going.

I got my email, but I don't think I can figure out a way to make it. Since I teach computer science and my wife is a math teacher I thought about applying for a grant to cover costs but I can't find the angle that is compelling enough to pass my internal ethical hurdles, much less pass muster with someone with STEM grant dollars to hand out.

If you have any thoughts on how to justify attendence at the fan festival as a grant worthy project, bring them on.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭
    #3325 July, 2019, 09:33 pm.

Congratulations!

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3425 July, 2019, 10:27 pm.

I expect full livestream with commentary during the entirety of the event!

:P

• beanboonbeanboon Posts: 0
    #3526 July, 2019, 09:02 pm.

Was selected for a chance to claim tickets on this second round. Clicked the link and started going through the registration and purchase procedure. Safari crashed. Went back into the app but the ticket is now gone. If I go through my Safari history I get a 404 error. I really wanna go! Help?

Snorbleton

• TheRealHP55TheRealHP55 Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #3626 July, 2019, 09:18 pm.

I didnt enter because I wont be able to make the event but I will be envious of those who attend :)

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 94 ✭✭
    #3727 July, 2019, 02:46 am.

Got my notification! Unfortunately I now can't make the trip. 😭

• MagetusMagetus Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited July 27 #3827 July, 2019, 06:29 am.

I won.. lol.. but flying to Indiana from Miami. Anyone want to purchase the tickets?

Post edited by Magetus on
  • MagetusMagetus Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #3927 July, 2019, 08:10 am.

Maybe take another WiFi device and log me in and double not fist it :)

• Ve225Ve225 Posts: 100 ✭✭
    #4027 July, 2019, 01:26 pm.

Well i got email early yesterday, said that i could buy the tickets. But sadly as i'm all the way across the world from this event i can't go. I just tried my luck i guess 😅😅

• EYEOFANUBIS1EYEOFANUBIS1 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #4128 July, 2019, 02:13 pm.

Got the Email on Friday saying I could get a ticket. I am differently going to this event. But I do have questions. Like are there going to be venders there (Food Trucks, Lounges, Souvenirs Stands.)? Stuff like that. Just so I know if I could buy food there or if I need to find a place outside of the event.

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #4228 July, 2019, 07:26 pm.

All your answers can be found on this site: https://harrypotterwizardsunite.com/events/2019/fanfestival/

However, it says there will be food trucks there and you can bring a packed lunch if you so desire. :)

• #4328 July, 2019, 09:17 pm.

@beanboon Please contact the in-app support! They'll be able to help you with this issue.

Congrats to all of you for being selected! And, as always, thanks @Overflow4487 for being so helpful in answering everyones questions! :)

• EYEOFANUBIS1EYEOFANUBIS1 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #4429 July, 2019, 01:10 am.

@Overflow4487 thank you for the link.

#4529 July, 2019, 01:16 am.

@HPWULola No problem! However, I do have a question of my own.

I was invited by Siragaz, so I did take a screenshot of my ticket that I saw when I went through the ticket link in the app. However, I never received an email, and that’s probably because the email went out to him. I was curious of one thing. If they send any updates about the event through email about the event, will I have a way to get it. I’m sure @Siragaz would let me know anything really important that would get sent out, but wasn’t sure if they sent updates the all emails associated with accounts that are registered for the event.

i was just curious since I never received an official email, just the info through the ticket link.

• #4629 July, 2019, 05:14 pm.

@Overflow4487 There should be an information email going out to everyone in the next couple weeks! I'll let you know the exact date so you can look out for it in your inbox.

• LadyBrittanyLadyBrittany Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4730 July, 2019, 03:41 pm.

When will we be getting more information about what the event will actually look like and have? I think that would definitely help with tickets sales if people know what they are paying for besides DRAGONS. I know this will be similar to Pokemon GO Fest held in Chicago and other cities but not everyone who plays this game played PoGO, and if they do may not have played for a while or gone to the events. I think releasing a here's what to expect would be very beneficial to all involved. I would also love to see a list of food truck available for people who have dietary restrictions or allergies to plan properly for the event. You don't have to give away the whole event because part of it is exploring and enjoying the surprises but I think more information than just dragons is highly needed. Especially for such a brand new game. I want this event to succeed and do well and Indianapolis is a wonderful city to start in, so I know it will be amazing but the general population of the game needs to know more when a lot of them are investing in hotels, flights, and time off work or away from families.

• GlastonEverfangGlastonEverfang Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #4801 August, 2019, 04:59 am.

I had my hotel booked and time off work approved before the lottery ever started. Then when it did start I bought my ticket through a friend's ticket lottery claim. She wasn't able to go and I wanted to go ahead and secure a ticket for the event, especially if my name didn't get drawn. Then 2 days later my name got drawn LOL. 😂

I'll be going Saturday the 31st, 2 hours early, at the north gate. I can't wait for the end of August! Let's go dragon hunting!

• PhillipAhernPhillipAhern Posts: 2
    #4901 August, 2019, 02:00 pm.

Cara queria muito ir!

• Princesssc00terPrincesssc00ter Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #5002 August, 2019, 06:44 pm.

See you guys there!

• whiteowl87whiteowl87 Posts: 1
    #5114 August, 2019, 04:36 pm.

How do I get tickets.?? I am so stuck on stupid & just wanna go to the festival in Indianapolis.

• #5214 August, 2019, 05:08 pm.

Hi @whiteowl87 ! Open the app and click on your suitcase. On the top right, you will see a circle labeled 'Events' where you can immediately enter the ticket drawing! You will be notified via email if you won, and head back to the 'Events' page in the app to purchase your tickets. Hope to see you there!

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭
    #5314 August, 2019, 07:09 pm.

Are ticket sales going to end on a certain date @HPWULola, or will they be available until sold out?

(I'm still looking at flights and trying to convince myself to spend the money.)

#5415 August, 2019, 06:06 pm.

Did everyone see the update today!?! I’m sooooo excited about FanFest. There’s an official blog about it located here: https://harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/post/fanfestival-081519/.

But I will repost it because it sounds so fun!

• Dragons Arrive in Indianapolis - Attendees will experience all-new, fire breathing Oddities… Dragons! They’ll have the opportunity to encounter all of them in a single location for the first time ever, and after the event, these Dragons will fly off to their regions around the world.
    • The Threat Clock and Fan Festival Special Assignments - A series of Special Assignments will be available at the Fan Festival. Attendees will need to keep an eye on the Threat Clock throughout the day and be prepared to jump into action should the hands reach a state of emergency. 
    • A Fully Interactive Experience - Magic will be all around at Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival, complete with a real-life Threat Clock, themed lounges and even wizarding world artefacts scattered throughout the White River State Park. Players will also be able to kick their feet up and plant themselves at the Greenhouse, a lounge area where participants can recharge their phones and test their knowledge of ingredients, potions and more for a chance to win prizes. Players may also come across Dragon and Acromantula Eggs scattered around the park. In addition, Landmark Flags will be brought to life around the park to help players navigate their way to find nearby Foundables, artefacts, creatures, and plenty more activations to interact with and take photos of.

• Partner Activations with AT&T and Simon Properties - Players at the event will have access to exclusive offers and discounts from our U.S. launch partners AT&T and Simon. Visit the AT&T Experience for a special in-game item, the perfect picture with a giant inflatable Niffler, exclusive offers and other themed activities while playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. For even more excitement, players can stop by Simon’s booth to pick up an exclusive voucher for a $10 Simon Gift Card, redeemable at any Simon location in the Indianapolis area, as well as the chance to enter for a $10,000 shopping spree sweepstakes.

If you’re not able to Apparate to Indianapolis for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival, stay tuned for more information on how you’ll be able to participate in the action-packed weekend in your neighborhood.

• LkiijLkiij Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #5516 August, 2019, 03:19 am.

As the date approaches, if tickets are still unsold, might the unsold tickets be made available to attendees who would like to attend both days?

• SaiDaxSaiDax Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #5619 August, 2019, 01:40 pm.

Well my name was drawn. felt so lucky was getting all ready to go and something happened and I am medically unable to go. If someone needs ticked I think I can still need tickets I can purchase them with your codename through my suitcase and enter your codename and you will be able to view the virtual ticket by click on "attending" that will show up on your Harry Potter App as I was exampled by the support team.

Let me know if you are interested. I haven't claim them yet. have for the oppoirtunity to go to waste when someone can use it.

• #5720 August, 2019, 08:50 pm.

Update: Tickets for Saturday, 8/31 are now sold out! Tickets for Sunday are still available!

#5821 August, 2019, 08:12 pm.

I’m so excited to be out there with a sold out crowd! So many wizards to meet!!

#5926 August, 2019, 10:53 pm.

@HPWULola I see on Twitter that an email went out today about the event including the event map. Per my previous fear, I didn’t get an email due to Sirigaz getting my ticket for me. Is there a way to still get a copy of this email?

• edited August 26 #6026 August, 2019, 11:02 pm.

@Overflow4487 Thanks for letting me know! I can confirm that you are registered for a Saturday ticket.

The email is going out in waves, so you should receive it by EOD today :) Do let me know if you don't see it!

• #6126 August, 2019, 11:27 pm.

@Overflow4487 It seems you will only receive the email if you have opted in to Marketing emails when you created your account.

However, no fear, I have posted the content here:

Can't wait to see you all at the event!