Personal greenhouses

AdrickMoonbladeAdrickMoonblade Posts: 4 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 06 April, 2021, 01:58 pm.

It’s always been a feature that I feel was needed, but anyone else for personal greenhouses? Especially now with COVID. Getting out to public greenhouses in time for my previous plantings is near impossible anymore and I’m constantly out of one or two key herbs I need for Exstimulo and Barrufios. Aside from just being a super cool feature to have...

Comments

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #214 December, 2020, 05:42 pm.

@AdrickMoonblade A mi me gustaría y también tener algún local como cafetería o restaurante para recargar la energía

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    #314 December, 2020, 06:02 pm.

I love this game but yeah that's the one thing I wish we could do even pre covid. But movement is apparently the whole point of the game so alas it ain't happening lol. I have a greenhouse and an inn on my map I wish I could just tap on and use but of course I'm not close enough to access it but all the others I go to are all downtown

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #514 December, 2020, 10:58 pm.

It offers many opportunities for both game play, immersion, as well as profit from the pay to play types.

Size of greenhouse: How many specimens you can have

Special pots, cages, fertilizers/food, water/blood/other, pruning.... a myriad of pre-reqs before a harvest.

Books and/or skills that teach you how to grow X or to do so faster, increase yield, potency, lower failure rate etc

Registry pages for specimens successfully grown, harvested, then processed into a viable potion ingredient.

I'd be quite fine with some of this taking weeks to accomplish.

Yet what we continue to see is a disappointingly simplistic POGO combat only approach.

• AdrickMoonbladeAdrickMoonblade Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #616 December, 2020, 08:34 am.

I definitely get that travel is the core of the game, but even still... a LITTLE bit of service to players who can’t play constantly or have lives that interrupt their ability to play or use the features that require specific times and days of play would be great. (That goes for PoGo too!)

This world has so much more potential for things than Pokémon (not trying to start a fight or say one game/world is any better than the other) but the implementation and development seems to be lacking.

• TheDinkinsTheDinkins Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #716 December, 2020, 02:20 pm.

I really like this idea!!

• NikrulNikrul Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #817 December, 2020, 03:45 pm.

Verry nice Idea indeed this will remind me of plants VS Zombies :D But a personnal greenhouse should not deliver ingredient every 5 minuts like regular one. You could just plant ingredient in them :)

• mir4bell4mir4bell4 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #913 March, 2021, 05:08 pm.

Agreed! I just recently decided to get back into playing the game since the weather is getting nicer, but I don't have any greenhouses near me. Even without the pandemic, it's sometimes hard to make time to drive somewhere with greenhouses, inns, and fortresses. It would be nice if the Knight Bus could take you to The Three Broomsticks or the Herbology Greenhouses, or if maybe Diagon Alley had The Leaky Cauldron and a community greenhouse.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13 #1013 March, 2021, 10:15 pm.

@AdrickMoonblade I get you on the greenhouses! although personal greenhouses may be a bit problematic since users may not consider going out to use other POIs.

I love that green houses give the best of both, (energy ,gifts and ingredients) the only feature in find unusable is planting and harvesting. I certainly thing that could be interesting to uses as a "personal greenhouse" maybe in concept with the greenhouse charm? Hmm.☺

Btw, would you like some exstimulos and baruffios? I work on top of a greenhouse and dont mind sending you some if it helps your ingredient drought 😊

• BlueYonderBlueYonder Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1106 April, 2021, 01:58 pm.

Another yes vote. I've suggested similar via the in game bot several times since I started playing.

In general, the game seems to have been designed for kids, but most of the actual players seem to be working adults who are severely hampered from returning to a location within 7 hours to pick up something they planted earlier.

It would behoove the game makers to adjust the greenhouses for a working adult's schedule to meet the needs of the actual player demographics. Pre-COVID, I could only stop at the greenhouse near work as I arrived in the morning, at my lunch break, and sometimes, when I was leaving for the day, but I often did not have time to stop because of rush hour traffic and needing to pick my kids up from after care.

I would love to be able to grow scurvygrass, for example, as I need it constantly but it's only rarely available in the wild, and the 7 hour growing time makes it nearly impossible to harvest.

The only thing I plant regularly are toadstools, because I can usually count on being back at a location 24 hours later. I also plant ingredients for other people to collect as a community service.

So yes, a single pot on a windowsill one can access anywhere would be great. Otherwise, cutting down the grow times would be great. When I go out for a walk, or to a park with my kids, it's typically only for an hour, maybe two, and more often than not, we need to drive to get there, so I would propose 15 minutes for the ingredients that currently take an hour, and 1 hour for the ones that take 7, or at least only 3 or 4 - so things can be planted before arriving at work and picked up during a lunch break, or during a walk. Most people don't take 7 hour walks. They do a mile or two while on breaks or when getting out on the weekend, and it usually doesn't take more than 30 minutes. If I'm walking a trail with a greenhouse at a trail marker, I should be able to plant at the start of the walk and pick up at the end of it, which would typically be 15 -30 minute increments, or 60 minute increments for bikers.