Approved Waypoints and edits not Syncing (Again!)

Comments

• LagomorphaPrimeLagomorphaPrime Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #12226 November, 2020, 02:01 pm.

I'm really looking forward to this fix; I hope we get it this year.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #12326 November, 2020, 02:25 pm.

@BenTiger Yeah, I’m really hopeful for a fix by the end of 2020, but seems less likely with every passing day and no further updates.

I wouldn’t mind if some inns and fortresses changed locally. Surely the new POI will change some anyways, so if some new criteria for what’s an inn and what determines colour and such rules come in that’s cool by me.

• LadySusanDLadySusanD Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #12430 November, 2020, 04:20 pm.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola Can we please get an update on when we can expect new inns and greenhouses to appear where new wayspots are. In my neighborhood alone, we've had five new Pokestops/gyms added in the last few months and none of them have become active in HPWU yet. People all over the world are waiting for this fix. Please give us an update. Thank you.

#12501 December, 2020, 01:31 pm.

Hi HPWU team. It’s now December. Is a fix still coming this year, that is within the next 30 days?

• WinterDrachenWinterDrachen Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #12601 December, 2020, 01:37 pm.

@HPWUrobert hi Robert!

Is everything ok?

Please let us know how are you and is everything all right. It is taking long lately to become some attention from you guys.

Feel free to communicate with us even if there is nothing new, but don't leave us alone with this problem :(

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #12702 December, 2020, 05:39 am.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola How is the fix going on? Can we expect it before the end of 2020?? Please update us on what's happening!

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    #12802 December, 2020, 02:06 pm.

It looks like HPWUrobert was MIA for almost a month - last post on the forum on November 5. Hope he is alright, just on vacation or changed jobs.

#12902 December, 2020, 08:59 pm.

I'm so super not excited about it.

-.-

The only person who gave some information towards that progress is now missing.

@HPWUrobert come back, we are waiting so much for some info, please!

#13003 December, 2020, 09:10 am.

Sharing the sentiments of others. I would hope if HPWURobert is off on vacation, there’s someone else able to work on this issue.

As the December days pass, and new features like possible Raid Battles seem to be hinted at, this issue being fixed seems less and less likely.

edited December 2020 #13203 December, 2020, 08:42 pm.

@hpwulola oh, thank you for an update on this issue!

Those are not really good news of course, but great to have a response from you!)

Great that Robert still stays on this!

Why do you want to apply a fix confidently? You gave us everything we need on the ground - those ingredients, "floor energy" and the knight bus. And if something will go wrong, I would totally understand it.

But it should bring all of us somewhere at last, that will be something new and there is no other way, we can't get absolutely no new inns in HPWU, can we?

Just keep that in mind while trying. It's not the end of the world or so.

Have a nice Christmas Time everyone than)

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #13303 December, 2020, 09:28 pm.

would you like to wait until they are confident or would you prefer they are not and all inns become forts or disappear? lol

edited December 2020 #13404 December, 2020, 09:13 am.

@Drakonite I would prefer fast working on a fix when everything is broken and not just promises of the fix during everything seems to be ok for everyone, lol.

edited December 2020 #13504 December, 2020, 12:02 pm.

And given their history I prefer that they dont try to hasten an untested fix that may end up making things worst, and instead of a fix of sync we end up losing the existing pois for weeks or months.

#13604 December, 2020, 01:32 pm.

I much prefer excepting a problem and working precisly on it, as it should have been done half of a year ago.

I don't see any other way of the soon resolving of the sync problem untill its broken completely, so engeneers would be oblidged to dedicate their powers to it. How is finding a way to make events more intresting or challenging is more important than this? The events are all intresting and challenging today as they were half of a year ago too, but it's impossible to play them when the map isn't working properly.

If the spell energy on the ground will be shot down, me and my friends are doomed to live with one inn in the neighbourhood.

I'm not spending money on this game since May event if I want to, because I don't see any progress at the point that is so important. Also I won't do it untill this issue is solved.

My priority is to save a player base among my friends, so it's better they see something is about to be done and not "sorry guys, I saw a message from Lola yesterday, the sync problem won't be solved till the end of the year, even when it was promised. Sorry for your waiting, get back to pogo, there is some new stuff".

I hate to do it, but I have to now.

#13704 December, 2020, 03:30 pm.

They have said that SE on the ground wont end after covid, and I should think sync'll have been fixed before covid end.

And you see, I am not sure theyd fix it even if it was completely broken, I think we'd end up w/o any poi for weeks and months, for I have absolutely no trust in them.

personally, Ive spent no money in game since May b/c there's no reason to, in may update they made the game so easy that there was no longer any reason to, even if they had released 4000 new families and pages and new foes and profession plans, the lot, there'd still be no reason to spend no money in game with how easy it is, and yet at the same time how unfulfilling.

• chourizchouriz Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #13804 December, 2020, 04:00 pm.

I'd rather have a quick fix, than waiting for 2023. On Xmas.

In the worst case scenario we loose all fragments, which gives me a new objective to keep playing. :P

#13904 December, 2020, 05:56 pm.

Appreciate the update. I’ll stop checking this thread every week then and keep looking for new POI for my area and nominating it in other games. Maybe nomination on HPWU could now come at the same time as the sync if not until next year.

#14004 December, 2020, 07:29 pm.

no the worst case scenario is we lose all pois and when they reappear they are different than before, and everything is a fort and we cant gather SE :P

• BrowniePlusPlusBrowniePlusPlus Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #14117 December, 2020, 02:16 pm.

This game just keeps getting more and more frustrating now. Have not fought through a single series of adversaries since the new feature. No energy to pick up from the map, no new waypoints to recharge. Ridiculous! @HPWUrobert @hpwulola can we please focus on things that’s important for all and not just for the elites? The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer is exactly what’s happening in this game!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #14219 December, 2020, 03:32 pm.

@HPWUrobert

Between this and AdventureSync, the game is becomming unplayable. The new duel system is nice, but the amount of major bugs is adding up. Could we get an update and maybe prioritize fixing these major bugs before trying to push more content and introducing even more issues?

#14527 December, 2020, 03:33 am.

@HPWUrobert Can we please get an update on this?

@hpwulola said it would not likely be fixed in 2020, but could we at least get a guess as to when it will be fixed? We are quickly approaching a year since when the syncing first started having issues. That is way too long for an issue that effects the core functions of the game to be without a fix.

• Sammie444Sammie444 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #14628 December, 2020, 11:37 am.

I know this is on the list of known bugs, but what exactly is the hold up with sending this data through? It used to be updated daily, even if it were monthly is would be better than the nothing that has happend since June!

Please Please Please can we get a waypoint update in Wizard Unite. It's been 6 months now. I've 6 new POIs nearby in Pokemon GO that aren't in WU. (Just make sure that when the data is pushed we don't get millions more fortresses haha)

#14728 December, 2020, 12:36 pm.

if a poi that is a fort is moved then its 70-75% chances it'll end up an inn. Fort is less than 5% I believe with the rest being GH. POIs havent sync'ed since June so the possibility that all those edits/moves will result in a ton of lost forts is more than real. But, with a ton of new POIs that havent sync'ed in there's also the possibility that new forts will arise.

edited December 2020 #14829 December, 2020, 12:03 am.

Having some better idea than “not in 2020” for a fix for the POI sync would be appreciated.

Are we expecting this before the middle of 2021?

I have had some title edits sync though.

#14929 December, 2020, 05:52 am.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola @HPWUTeam

I have avoided making any statements about the competence of your employees, up until this point, but this issue is taking far too long to resolve!

The if else statement that adds points is broken... It should basically be: if point exists, then don't add new entry, else add new entry. The loops to update images, titles, and descriptions seem to be working. With my experiences with database scripting, issues like this are usually a simple fix, requiring somewhat limited knowledge of logic scripting. This should NOT be an issue that takes this long to correct.

The database script should be independent of the actual game script, so who knows how it would have become broken in the first place, other than them changing field values when they added the waypoint scanning. Guess what... if that is the case, all it takes it adding an additional field to the database and sync script. An EASY fix! Why is this taking so long to fix, other than a completely incompetent database engineer?

My suggestion: fire the incompetent engineer and hire someone that knows what they are doing.

• SuperFriedRiceSuperFriedRice Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #15029 December, 2020, 07:17 am.

@BenTiger It is taking so long to fix this because they are not fixing it.

#15129 December, 2020, 07:38 am.

@BenTiger it's nothing to do with competence. What they're not telling you/us and are spewing out the lies abt how 'tough' this is, is:

This is in the lowest possible priority for us to fix. It is so low a priority that we may not ever fix it as long as the pandemic rages out there b/c we believe that during a pandemic ppl dont need anymore pois b/c theyre not supposed to be out there playing. (even if we give out event tasks that are only rly doable if you go out there and play for hrs on end). So we are not going to fix it but we'll tell you it's b/c if's soooooooo tough to fix!!!!!!!!!!!