We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
Darkness Unleashed Halloween Event - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Darkness Unleashed Halloween Event

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3228 October, 2020, 09:51 pm.

@Azgandut i am afraid you will have to keep asking the question and understand that they might not answer at all. I have asked questions in recent months several times and still never received an answer. So keep asking.

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3428 October, 2020, 11:34 pm.

Thank you @hpwulola , it answers my question. Have a good day!

• NavikNavik Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    #3529 October, 2020, 12:19 am.

@hpwulola I would bring up having two 'sets' of possible spawn points. One for normal spawns that can vary as you please, and another set just for event spawns. That way event spawns don't compete with normal spawns, and you can better control the amount of event spawns that appear. This would also increase the total amount of spawns during events which would bring back some excitement for the events.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3629 October, 2020, 06:13 am.

@Navik With COVID-19 still causing many to be quarantined, that is a horrible idea. That would lead to many having no event spawns at all.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #3730 October, 2020, 02:17 am.

last day and still not enough preparing the 7 image.

the LoH family is very very very very scarce. maybe found 1 or 2 per day since announcement.

hope the event reaaaly pumping it out.

#3830 October, 2020, 07:48 pm.

@BenTiger I don't think you understand... What I'm proposing is they take existing spawn points, then duplicate them. The duplicated set would be only for event spawns, leaving the other set normal. You'd see the amount of spawns effectively double.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #3930 October, 2020, 08:33 pm.

Is anyone else noticing a shortage of portkeys? I've only seen 2 since the event started.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4131 October, 2020, 01:51 am.

@Navik what you don't understand is that there are spawn limits. They cannot suddenly double the number of spawns in an area, without overloading the servers. Also, increasing the spawn of anything decreases the spawn of others; so there would be no ingredients or Portkeys spawning.

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #4731 October, 2020, 01:44 pm.

Thank you for making this event fun! I appreciate actually having event spawns show up.

Fun is much better than disappointing and frustrating.

While I am not seeing very many Knight bus fortress fragments there actually is a bit of spell energy on the map. This is good because hurricane debris makes it challenging to walk without risking life and limb. While my town is experiencing a surge in Covid19 we usually can walk once a week without being too near crowds.

It's the debris piles and then the bulldozers and trucks that toss up airborne particles that have kept us in this week. Glad for the 1km portkeys and the continued half rate while negotiating both covid and the hurricane of the month club subscription!

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited October 2020 #4831 October, 2020, 01:48 pm.

@MotherOf2Lions yes fewer portkeys showing up but the same choices coming in a cluster similar to the dragon event. When is would be close to getting all the green I would need to "star" that egg only red and white would show for example.

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #4931 October, 2020, 02:41 pm.

Thank you for an event that is challenging but doable. I was hoping to see lots of werewolves for Halloween. 👍

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5031 October, 2020, 03:44 pm.

I have to agree with everyone else. This event is a lot of fun. I have no problem completing the tasks and will continue playing even after I’ve finished the tasks. This is the type of thing that I’m more likely to spend money on. I want to continue to have fun and not feel like I’m being forced to spend money just to complete things. The spawn rate is great this time. It’s a nice surprise seeing the werewolves during the day.

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #5131 October, 2020, 05:32 pm.

Well, I have to say that this event is quite enjoyable. I think it was the diversity of foundables needed to fill a task... made it less boring. And of course finally being able to place Harry was quite a relief! I actually saw a few event traces without a TTD potion!

As @AlieanaBlotts touched upon, i noticed a marked difference in spell energy on the map, which is crucial for us in covid hotspots to avoid more populated areas! This is the first event for several months that I actually think most could play at home if necessary. (The CD events really felt like false advertising for those of us stuck in a safety bubble)

Anyways, kudos!

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    #5231 October, 2020, 07:07 pm.

This event is a lot more fun compared to the two previous community days! I'll definitely keep playing more to get all those XPs, field guides and ministry manuals.

• AliylujahAliylujah Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #5331 October, 2020, 08:16 pm.

The first three legends of hogwarts foundables registered, but every single one I've banked in the last 3 hours hasn't! At least 15 or so. I should have hit 7 by now! Why are they not registering for the event!!??

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    #5431 October, 2020, 10:19 pm.

having fun with this whole event! got to silver so far and got enough to get to gold as soon as I find snape and hedwig again. finally a doable at home event, so thank you! also glad to see plenty werewolves and getting spell energy from challenges to build up my stock for the upcoming event!!

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    #5501 November, 2020, 03:33 am.

Can someone identify the items which fill the "7 Legends of Hogwarts Family Foundables"? I've gone through two days of play and several TTDs, and I've banished far more Dementors and Boggarts than I needed, but I can't figure out what I need to complete that. It's not Filch, Hedwig, or Angelina Johnson.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5601 November, 2020, 04:07 am.

@BionicManster Place or complete any foundable from any of the 6 Legends of Hogwarts pages. Yes Filch, Hedwig , and Angelina Johnson are all Legends of Hogwarts. And will count if you have enough to place. The number of foundable you need to place each foundable depends on the page frame and the threat level of the foundable. For example on gold frame players need to return 55 Filchs or Hedwigs to place the image. On gold Angelina is 30 on a gd frame.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #5701 November, 2020, 01:27 pm.

Well, this event was a lot of fun! I needed maybe about 3-4 hours altogether to finish it and this is perfect! The tasks were interesting and didn't feel like a chore. And since I'm not frustrated like after the previous events, I didn't close the app the moment I collected the rewards. I especially enjoyed the "collect X foundables guarded by dementors/boggarts". This makes the game much more interesting than "collect X of one specific foundable". Further advantage was the relatively low number of needed foundables. The portkeys were also a nice extra.

In short, great work @HPWUTeam!

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 #5801 November, 2020, 03:49 pm.

@Owlx Your Angelina is only 30?? Why is mine out of 45?

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #5901 November, 2020, 04:14 pm.

@Attrition, I think Owlx confused Angelina with Parvati Patil. Parvati is at 30 and boosted during this event, Angelina is at 45 and not boosted.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    #6001 November, 2020, 05:00 pm.

First event I've enjoyed in a good long while, 1st one that's not been boring (and lame). Kudos (to the team).

#6101 November, 2020, 06:13 pm.

I also agree with the other sentiments, this event was a lot more manageable and fun. I was able to finish it with some, but not too much effort. Good job team.