October Community Day

Comments

• EsQuHPColIMaxedEsQuHPColIMaxed Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3218 October, 2020, 02:12 pm.

How do you put on an event when you don’t program the event?

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3418 October, 2020, 04:54 pm.

@hpwulola I'm getting Platform 9 3/4 foundable from fortress battles with a Wonders of the Wizarding World runestone, as reported by others. Is this correct? This is not a Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes foundable.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #3818 October, 2020, 07:17 pm.

This is just my opinion. What has changed in the hpwu game is that for 1 year it was a very easy game. Now it's a difficult game.

• TealDragonWolfTealDragonWolf Posts: 1
    #4018 October, 2020, 07:28 pm.

I didn't finish yesterday's September make up day. I used several TTD and went to a park and spent around 3 hrs. Got a lot of Ministry foundables but not the ones I needed to complete. I wasn't a few shy I was well shy of getting all of the foundables. I'm annoyed that I was using a ton of potions for very little reward outside of general Ministry points which I could have collected without the use of all of those potions. Not any more optimistic about today. Who has time to spend all weekend on this? Also, what is the rush in collecting all the wild encounter foundables? There doesn't seem to be any plans for expanding so hurry up and finish the game is the marketing plan here?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭
    #4118 October, 2020, 07:30 pm.

This event seems to be going fine for me so far. I haven't even made much of an effort yet (one TTD at home) and I am already at 4 Puking Pastilles, 7 Lee Jordan's, 5 Freds and 2 Georges.

The only issue I have is I have done about 8 or 9 Fortress battles and can't get any Open Skiving Snackboxes, and the portkeys are the same color as yesterday's so I am not sure which are the new ones. So I can't prestige the page and the trace foundables are already green starred and full, so they are being wasted in that sense.

#4218 October, 2020, 07:34 pm.

@Car26 @Imaginatio @inesiz I don't see anything anywhere about fortresses giving only or even increased Open Skiving Snackbox fragments. I only see that portkeys are giving them. Where did you see that?

• ProfQuasaryProfQuasary Posts: 3
    edited October 18 #4318 October, 2020, 07:38 pm.

I will add to the "what's up with this Niantic???" Regarding the community day events. I stopped playing spawn with 9 minutes left on my first trace tonic.... yeah... bottom pic is 4 minutes left... top is with 1 minute... where's the spawn for the event??? I play for fun, but when a ttd only throws up 6 event spawn in 30 minutes, it doesn't take a **** scientist to figure out that it will take 7 hours to finish this event.... THAT'S not fun... just my 2 cents...  For the Make up September event i played for 2 hours and was still 20 prophecy records short and 1 freaking ministry memo... i just wanted to have some fun in between grading student work and writing my finals papers in grad school... i felt like the event was more work than my other stuff!!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭
    #4518 October, 2020, 07:45 pm.

@RegulusPT with master note brew time become 20 -ish minute.

• simonizitronisimonizitroni Posts: 1
    #5318 October, 2020, 10:24 pm.

Even though everything has been already said here, this time I have to comment as well. I am so frustrated! I just checked, I played almost 8 hours today!!!! I am level 43 and SOS 9654. I used countless TTD‘s and almost all my exstimulo potions (>25). I even used 9 dark detectors and I walked about 5 km. In the end time was running out and I was missing 2 Fred’s.

In general I think it is good to make the tasks a bit more challenging, but it should be doable. Further the rewards should meet the tasks. It shouldn’t be a full time job and most important: it should be fun! Now I was just stressed for ours and I regret I even tried. The past brilliant event as well as the September community day should have taught me a lesson. Total waste of resources and more important of time.

• Fiber73Fiber73 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5418 October, 2020, 10:30 pm.

Just for the record, second community in a row I didn't finish, the first two I don't finish. This time, 1 George left...

Please, take into account that one day events could pass things like this, maybe it's best to make them longer, than friday evening to monday morning or something like that.

#5719 October, 2020, 01:20 am.

I must be really lucky because I played casually for about an hour this morning with two TTD at home, mostly missing traces because I was doing chores at the same time, and then I went out and played for less than two hours at the church parking lot and used another 3 or 4 TTDs and I managed to beat all of the tasks and also prestige and then green star all four Trace foundables.

I did have to buy some silver keys to open enough Portkeys to prestige the page, but that was extra, I didn’t need to do that to finish the tasks. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I know it’s a lot harder if you have to stay at home, and that’s a whole other issue, but a lot of people are saying they went out for hours and hours and used tons of TTDs and still didn’t finish. It just didn’t seem that bad to me. Sorry some of you had so much trouble.

• PadreSeanPadreSean Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5819 October, 2020, 02:37 am.

Once again the requirements were WAY too high. I've completed EVERY community day up to this point and now failed TWO IN A ROW.... thanks for nothing Niantic. 😡

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #5919 October, 2020, 03:46 am.

Need 4 more george and Fred. Used multiple tonics this evening several earlier in the day and a six k walk and not enough of required traces.

Yesterday for the other Six dark detectors placed plus a tonic not enough prophecy records.

Complete lack of enjoyment. Not a good game anymore.

Lousy implementation of what should be fun.