Rate of specific Foundables drastically less than September make up day

LadyLust19LadyLust19 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 19 October, 2020, 03:28 pm.

I've been playing since early this morning and even with tonic the appearance rate of wonders of the wizarding world Foundables is DISMAL compared to yesterday during September make up day ..anybody else notice this?

Comments

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    #918 October, 2020, 05:40 pm.

@ChemistryIsFun but why? then more people are more likely to spend more money replenishing🙄😂

• sdcanuksdcanuk Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1118 October, 2020, 07:09 pm.

I used 6 Tonic of trace detection potions for the September make up day and it was the first event I was unable to complete. So far, it is not looking good for this community day either, and I don't think I will use up my remaining potions to try and complete it unless I get close.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 6
    #1218 October, 2020, 07:43 pm.

This is what Tonic spawns look like. This is a Wonders of the Wizarding World event. Where is the turquoise?! After yesterday's gong show, this is ridiculous.

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1318 October, 2020, 07:44 pm.

This event is almosy halfway over for me now. I’ve only used one TTD so far because I’ve been busy with other stuff and can’t stay glued to my phone. Still, this is pathetic. Haven’t seen ONE George trace.

• IstariSilverIstariSilver Posts: 5
    #1518 October, 2020, 08:32 pm.

After a 2nd tonic for Trace Detection, I've found the following:

Pastilles: 8 of 20 (+1 ran away)

Lee Jordan: 3 of 20 (none ran)

Fred: 5 of 15 (1 ran away)

George: 5 of 15 (none ran away).

Pretty weak sauce, still.

• TorontochickTorontochick Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited October 18 #1618 October, 2020, 08:33 pm.

Reading these comments, I am glad I decided to skip today after losing out on yesterday‘s September com day by 6 Prophecy Records, despite trying very hard to complete it.

Last week‘s brilliant event was already a huge drag and I am not looking forward to part 2.

I am lvl 43 in WU and I am also a Pokemon Go Player, playing since day one.

The frustration level of WU is rising - and I am about to throw in the towel. I am not interested in hours and hours of grind and losing out in the end.

#1718 October, 2020, 09:11 pm.

After trace detection #3:

Pastilles: 10

Lee Jordan: 7

Fred: 7

George: 7

not sure I want to put another 3-5 hours into this.

#1818 October, 2020, 10:29 pm.

after trace #4 + 2 charms

Pastilles: 15

Lee Jordan: 14

Fred: 9

George: 9

+3 foundables that ran away.

so, 3 more tracer potions to do this? O.o

I'm not short on trace potions - I had materials saved up and I've made about 30 of them. What I'm short on is time.

• Dulac505Dulac505 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1918 October, 2020, 11:53 pm.

I have to agree with all the complaints. This is supposed to be fun not a freaking job. Keep it up and this one 46th level player who is going to quit.

• Jclightman7Jclightman7 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited October 19 #2019 October, 2020, 04:18 am.

The bottom line is Community Day is supposed to be a fun way to celebrate playing the game. POGO adadpted nicely to COVID for their CD days. HPWU adapted barely at all. Although I finished both days this weekend, thats becasue I live somewhere where spawns are plentiful and we are aren't under rigid lockdown rules at the moment. For Niantic to claim that any of these HPWU events are "playable from home" is a bald faced lie. I have spent the last 3 Wizarding weekends in a location where I had to quarantine the whole weekend, so I had to play from "home". I calclulated on one of these that I would have needed 54 TTDs after seeing the traces dropped by my first 4 TTDs to get all the needed event traces. The only way these events would be "playable from home" is if TTDs 1. Boosted trace frequency , 2 lasted longer and 3. only made event traces appear. POGO did this with their special days, why can't HPWU? To lie to us saying these are home events is yet another abysmal communication failure of the current game management. How do they expect to retain a player base when they abuse us with events like this weekend?

• LieBerryManLieBerryMan Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2119 October, 2020, 04:30 am.

12 Tonic used, 30+ Ext. Potions and over 10 hours of play. L 51 and still couldn't complete Fred and George. First time I felt game set up as impossible to complete.

• HootenanyAnnieHootenanyAnnie Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2219 October, 2020, 07:06 am.

Well, I just missed this event by ONE measly Fred Weasley, and it SUCKS. I played for like 5 hours straight. Must have used 10 tonic for trace detections and I couldn’t get 15 of the community day featured foundables?! I’m sorry, something is OFF here. This game is becoming a time suck and not fun anymore :/ I mean, it was only 3 measly DADA books anyway, but they’re so freaking hard to come by. This whole thing has become frustrating and not fun anymore.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    #2319 October, 2020, 11:26 am.

I see this trend has made its way into the community days as well, as I feared.

I started on the tasks, but after an hour playing and watching my progress, it was clear that I had to attach myself to this app for the remainder of the day. I know companies have to make money, I know everyone wants to attach their customers to their app to some degree, but I don't think it's normal for anyone to have to put in 12+ hours of their day into a mobile game, for two days straight.

This was literally the first event I could not complete. When I finshed last Brilliant Event, the days before this CD felt like a short holiday, and it was quite liberating when I decided to not continue with the CD. This game has become a chore indeed.

I don't think I've seen ANYone on social media or this forum who's been enthousiastic about the recent events, wizarding weekends or community days, and yet Niantic/Portkey go on and on, sailing the same course. Too few spawns, too little respect for lockdown situations, WAY too much time required to complete and no acknowledgement of players' complaints. As for me, I'm now only doing the brilliant events (while I still can, I expect these becoming out of my reach as well, soon enough). I'll forego regular day-to-day playing, because the next event will put me through a grind again.

Things have never been this bad.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 6
    #2419 October, 2020, 03:28 pm.

At the end of the day, a Community Day is supposed to be fun. And your Community Days aren't fun anymore. That's going to lose you players.

I am fortunate enough that I live in an area where we are not on lockdown. So, we were able to drive through all of the high spawn areas in town and complete the day in a couple of hours. The one advantage October Community Day had over September Community Day was that the red and orange streaks meant we didn't waste time clicking on foundables that turned out to be useless. But note that I said "drive". This is not supposed to be a "go for a drive" game. It's supposed to be a "go for a walk" game.

If the spawn rate isn't high enough that a player can complete the Community Day in 1 hour of walking and playing in a high spawn area - or 2-3 hours of walking in a more typical area - then it's not a Community Day anymore. It's a full-blown weeklong event with a reduced timeline. Please stop calibrating your events to life in downtown New York/Tokyo. The vast majority of players do not live in areas with such naturally high spawn densities. There is ZERO chance that anybody living outside of a major urban center would have stood a chance of completing this event from home if on lockdown.

TLDR: If you don't want to start losing players, do a better job of boosting the spawn rates of ALL foundables required to complete the challenge on your Community Days.