Ministry foundables are EXTREMELY thin on the ground

ArtieVArtieV Posts: 15 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 19 October, 2020, 01:51 am.

Hello, lvl 48 player here, trapped in COVID lockdown here in Australia.

Umm, 80 specific foundables are required today and maybe 12 APPEAR WITH A POTION??

This is just about enough for me and not a “challenge”. Please fix it TODAY or you’ve lost another wizard. Too much to expect that:

1 players will have in inventory/use those potions; and

2 players have 12 FREE HOURS to play on a Saturday.

This time it’s TOO MUCH. Fix please.

Comments

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #217 October, 2020, 01:56 pm.
  • ArchAnvilArchAnvil Posts: 2
    #317 October, 2020, 02:38 pm.

Same thing. 7 hours left, only 5 memos appeared.

• WUffindorWUffindor Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #517 October, 2020, 03:54 pm.

Same. No memos. Just a few records. Ridiculous. I’m sure we’ll here about a “bug”.

BS

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    #617 October, 2020, 04:55 pm.

still in need of memos and records to finish. getting tons of officials though😂

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #717 October, 2020, 06:06 pm.

Update: it took me a lot of tonics and 6 hours as a Covid-19 couchpotato to finish this community day.

• GoldenPhoenix92GoldenPhoenix92 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #817 October, 2020, 07:58 pm.

This is so annoying. There is 1 hour left and i need 8 more prophecy records. I already used 4 tonics for trace detection, i have many minestry of magic traces but non of them is the prophecy record trace. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. On the last 3 events this game started to be really annoying and im so not going to even try to complete the next events tasks.

• MajikumMajikum Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #917 October, 2020, 08:37 pm.

Giving up on this task.

• ArchAnvilArchAnvil Posts: 2
    #1017 October, 2020, 09:32 pm.

30 min left. I need 11 pr. records. :-) Used few tonics, got zillion of officials, even some traces not seen for months. I don't get the business or any logic here. So lame.

• DosElDosEl Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #1117 October, 2020, 09:48 pm.

Some players might be having problems. Some aren't. I went for a 30 min walk with my tonic and this is what I collected so far.

It sucks for the players who are on lockdown and can't go anywhere. They needed to make the tonics reveal only m

• TorontochickTorontochick Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1217 October, 2020, 10:16 pm.

I absolutely hate this new back-to-back event grind. Big mistake. Big. Huge. I’m ready to throw in the towel at this game! Plus, these events are even getting increasingly difficult to complete. It’s just not fun or a challenge anymore, it’s getting just so frustrating! The events are way to close together, with barely a chance of brewing new potions for the next event or being able to refill energy.

To schedule two com days on the same weekend after a ridiculously hard brilliant event (plus, Pokémon Comday on the same day!! @Niantic official JP DUH!!!), I was still 6 prophecy records short when the event ended. I have no coins left, no energy left, no trace potions. I am not even going to start the October com day, but will enjoy a WU-free rest of the weekend.

• VanderleyVanderley Posts: 1
    #1317 October, 2020, 10:26 pm.

Yeap. In my view this was the last drop. It’s not fun to play that way.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 6
    #1418 October, 2020, 12:48 am.

This event is utterly absurd. I am averaging less than two Prophecy Records per tonic yet I'm expected to "catch" 30 of them. I am fortunate enough to have been able to visit the highest spawn areas in town. They also don't have Prophecy Records. I have finished everything else. I have caught Veils and Percival Graves up the wazoo. But there are NO Prophecy Records, so there is no way I would be able to finish this event even if I ran tonics continuously from now until midnight.

Creating a "Community Day" that is not completable without playing for 24 hours straight is unfair to your player base and completely unacceptable.

• sdcanuksdcanuk Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1518 October, 2020, 01:11 am.

I used 6 tonic for trace detection potions and I have only gotten 20 Prophecy records. I usually get a good spawn. I even drove around for a couple of hours to try and find better spots, but the prophecy records are difficult to find. Percival Graves is more common than the prophecy records. I don't see this as much of a make up event.

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1618 October, 2020, 02:35 am.

I understand completely. Thought I would finish this but no way with 1.5 hours left. Loved this game as WU once said “We understand you have a real life too". Not anymore. Seems a new sheriff has come to town and playing super hard ball. Lost 5 hours of my life for absolutely nothing today. Used all but 4 potions n still no go. Talking over 20. :(

• Summermom15Summermom15 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1718 October, 2020, 02:59 am.

Someone should remind them this is a GAME !!! It is suppose to be fun. Not fun when u have to spend all day and not get the reward. I have a life and it is not a game master !!!

• BMacBlackBMacBlack Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1818 October, 2020, 03:13 am.

In the US and I agree. Been playing all day and I am still 8 prophesies short with under an hour left to play. I thought they had "heard" people's complaints and were working to improve the game. Disappointing that I won't be able to finish community day after not finishing the weekend event :(

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited October 18 #1918 October, 2020, 03:20 am.

Six dark detectors between two inns nearby but not adjacent to each other and a tonic for trace detection and it brought 3 prophecy records more than the pitiful amount returned earlier from 4 tonics. Ridiculous.

Bad programming. No way to get the rest of the prophecy records. All other parts completed.

We should be given the rewards for our play. I did take screenshots to prove my dark detector placement and the overall area and lack of traces compared with last year and how the detectors worked in that same spot.

I chose to wait until I was certain we could be socially distant while out walking and not have little kids who don't understand why they can't run up to their teacher while out for a walk. Even then no way to get the requirements met.

• HosetteHosette Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 18 #2018 October, 2020, 04:12 am.

+1.

I live on top of two inns so I'm not limited by spell energy. So far I've gone through eight dark detectors and I've lost count of how many tonics plus a huge stack of exstimulo potions. I don't even know how much time I've spent on this, and I've reached the point where I'm ignoring red traces in the hopes that one of the ministry ones might be one that I need. With < 3 hours left I need 10 more prophecy records and 7 more memos. I don't even know if I can get them in three hours of TTDs. I'm battling internally... do I want to walk away from several hours and tons of gear of investment, or do I want to stubborn it out?

Community day should be an enjoyable couple of hours, not an all-day grind. This is the opposite of fun.

• JobeeJobee Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2118 October, 2020, 04:25 am.

Well here in lock down, didn't finish make up comm day due to lack of prophecy records and I now have depleted inventory of TTD, spell energy and potions. Oct community day is now a non event due to these issues. It seems to me that these events are now designed purely to make money for the company (A rort in the time of covid lockdown)

• xlanthiusxlanthius Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2218 October, 2020, 04:29 am.

Hi.. I'm level 50, live near one farm with two inns and another with 14 (yes, fourteen!). Many of those "inns" are portals I submitted in Ingress. I've been playing since the original Ingress release, though Pokémon, now HPWU.

You've managed to DESTROY the game. It's a GAME, it's supposed to be FUN. Today's hours and hours of **** left me 1 Interdepartmental Memo and 4 Prophecy Records short. I used continuous tonics since 8pm. I ignored red traces (and everything else) just to try to get what was needed. And right at midnight a notice came up about the next event and poof... all was lost.

Darkness rising Part I was horrible - I've completed every brilliant event (and maxed out every event registry page), but I couldn't get past stage 2 this last time. I almost didn't play today, but I figured what the heck, I've been it the game for so long, don't give up because of one horrible event.

So now it's two in a row... three strikes and you're out.

• RosieNuRosieNu Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2318 October, 2020, 07:33 am.

Hi, lvl 4 something Prof here. yes I'm finding the same. Darkness rising was a total grind and I failed to complete the required traces but the same on Oct comm day, Saturday. I used loads of TFT potions and nothing. I'm in partial lock down so couldn't really go out. It's so frustrating to grind away to fail. Having spent time preparing potions and use them to fail is demotivating. Sort it out devs, this is no longer a fun game.......

• TorontochickTorontochick Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2418 October, 2020, 07:59 am.

@Hosette I felt the same way and didn’t want to walk away from the hours and potions I had spent, determined that I would finish this - however, 5 minutes before the end, I was still 6 prophecy records short. I will not play the October com day for sure. I feel so disappointed in this game.

• BarefootTikiBarefootTiki Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #2518 October, 2020, 08:20 am.

The last couple of events have been badly calibrated.

Not enough traces.

Overpowered enemies that are worth only a few points.

Pathetic rewards.

My wizarding days seem to be over

• VizzleWizzleVizzleWizzle Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2618 October, 2020, 01:29 pm.

These events are dumb. They need to get more creative. For instance, have a boss type character that you and your friends team up to beat (like 100,000 hps).

im tired of trying to collect like 80 confoundables and be forced to use 4 pink potions and 6 dark detectors and all my blue potions. It’s lazy and boring.

To that note can we finally get new lesson plans and next level battle chambers???!!!

And can we get rewarded better??!!! It’s like we get 1 gold coin and a stupid grandma hair for a whole event.

• IstariSilverIstariSilver Posts: 5
    #2718 October, 2020, 02:14 pm.

Level 46 here (Just hit that number today).

I used about 8 tonics for trace detection I think. mine last more than the base amount of time and give extra foundables because of the SOS training. I managed to complete almost every task - except prophecy record. I think that I had maybe 3 run away on me at most. Probably only 2. And I managed to return 17 of the 30 required, LONG after most of the other tasks were completed.

This game is starting to be more stress than it is worth. If you want 30 of something that has to be found on the map, a tonic for trace detection should give a minimum of 6 of those. I'm willing to spend 3 hours of my day on a community day. But spending over 4 and not being able to finish is just annoying as all get-out.

This has been a consistent problem in recent events. It seems like every time I desperately need to find something for a task - that's when it can't be found. If there are two brilliant foundables that can be found on the map and I need one of them for a task, all I find is the other one.

I normally can't put in more than about an hour a day during a brilliant event, and on a community day I can block out 3 hours with some advanced notice. Today was far beyond what I will normally do. If this keeps up I'm probably uninstalling the game and writing it off.

• SpinduliukasSpinduliukas Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2818 October, 2020, 02:18 pm.

Not one of them are orbs

• KitCaitsidheKitCaitsidhe Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2918 October, 2020, 03:06 pm.

It was deliberately impossible to complete this. The orbs spawned at tops 1 an hour even with trace tonic. It was impossible to collect 30. Either the developers are completely incompetent at the algorithms or this was a deliberate decision to maximize frustration.

• 0Shellsnt0Shellsnt Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3019 October, 2020, 01:51 am.

i think is a brilliant idea we change the person who created this saturday sunday assignment list.

you need potion to catch the confoundable, then u need to use potion in fortress and the tonic doesnt spawn more of the needed confoundable. oh wait.. the black screen is still there...... reward for those assignment? only when complete u get the best reward else is just cheapskate reward for those hard work. i know the spawn doesnt have lockdown but the human do and covid is still out there.

You have failed your target audience. You have failed this Wizard Unite.