September Makeup Community Day

Comments

• AngelicaTrixabeAngelicaTrixabe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3317 October, 2020, 08:04 pm.

I'm happy to say there at least seems to be a point in complaining. In just over 2 hours after posting my previous comment, I bagged my final 16 Prophecy Records - which was a massive bump from the 14 I'd managed in the previous 12 hours of play. It still took 2 Trace potions, but the average spawn rate went from around 2 per potion to 8. Maybe it's coincidence, but if it was a result of my comment, thanks for listening! It saved my game.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭
    #3417 October, 2020, 09:04 pm.

I also am having a lot of trouble finding Prophecy Record traces. I was out for about 2 1/2 hours at several parks and used I believe 4 TTDs (I lost track) and found 14 Prophecy Records and 17 Flock of Interdepartmental Memos so far. There were several FoIMs that departed on me, as well. I had to take a break to come home for a family Zoom but I’ll head back out after.

I’ve also noticed that I have seen NO Angel’s Trumpets today. Usually they are everywhere but they seem like they’ve been turned off for the day to make us buy them maybe? Am I the only one who can’t find any?

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited October 17 #3717 October, 2020, 09:35 pm.

@hpwulola

Comments in the german community, if it's interesting for you....

Peter ******

80 tracks are quite sporty as such - especially under #stayathome guidelines, as Niantic lied again, but when they spawn in such a miserable way, then it gets really lengthy and seriously annoying to caustic. It's never been so intense. Didn't finish until late this evening.

-------------------------

Katja *******

That was the first time today that I didn't make it. I'm giving up now The prophecy is not feasible. I dont want to anymore. My time is too good for that.

Hopefully it won't go on like that. For a couple of weeks now it's really not been fun anymore. Everything just degenerates into stress, work and ultimately frustration, so anything but a game should do😕

------------------------

Annika ******

Because of THREE prophecies I can't finish this **** now! 🙄 Despite 8x trace potion. And a total of about 20 Exstimulos away. Bomb. Quite apart from energy (there's nothing here in the village.) So I don't have anything left for tomorrow. It's not really fun anymore ... 🤷🏼‍♀️

----------------------

Jochen ******

I gave up too. Almost 4 hours today idling with the game and I'm still missing more than half of the balls and memos. If things go the same way tomorrow and Part 2 doesn't get any better from Tuesday, I'll inevitably have to look for another hobby 🤷🏼‍♂️

-------------------------

There are currently hundreds of these comments on the various community pages and on social media. And that's only from Germany. Embarrassing for you, very, very embarrassing ...

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #3817 October, 2020, 09:49 pm.

Where are the prophecy records? How many TTD I need to spend? Are you doing this on purpose?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3917 October, 2020, 10:31 pm.

@RegulusPT yes, they are doing this on purpose...on top of no erumpent horns available for weeks except through brilliant portkeys. I have found one in the ground in the past week. It is just greed quite honestly!!

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #4117 October, 2020, 11:57 pm.

Once again, I was hopeful for a fun Community Day, like they used to be. But, alas, these events have become like eating Bernie Botts Every Flavor Beans with all the good flavors removed.

My experience has been like everyone else reporting here, massive amounts of ministry officials, and sparse spawns of anything else, particularly prophecy orbs and flocks of memos. A 30 minute walk with TTD running yielded 4 prophecy orbs and 3 memos. So I (maybe) just need 4 hours of walking with 8 TTDs? Not something I'm physically able to do, nor interested in doing it I could.

I've always finished events, except for a few before I understood the game, and when I've been out of reach with my cell phone. Guess you can add me to the growing list of players unable to finish, so wondering why to keep bothering with the game.

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #4218 October, 2020, 12:12 am.

Prophecy records are the bane of baneberry this time. It is frustrating and annoying that someone couldn't be bothered to code correctly for this event unless the point is to have us all give up in frustration.

I have played for hours while cooking for a cancer patient and this event isn't fun.

The return specific things that hardly show has just gotten worse with time and events.

If the coder were in my classroom the grade at this point would be an F for failure and frustration.

At least I didn't get locked out of the Knight Bus in this event.

Also there needs to be explanation about when trace tonic will actually brew at the stated amount of time. My first three were not at an hour plus master notes.

Alieana Blotts who would like to put the people who didn't do their job correctly sweeping up in Flourish and Blotts bookstore and on bin duty for a month, no recess.

• FireyswanFireyswan Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #4318 October, 2020, 12:17 am.

I can not get the correct foundables...30 is way to many . I wont be able to finish..

How is this fun!!!

• FuzzydinkFuzzydink Posts: 2
    #4418 October, 2020, 12:30 am.

So where are the target Ministry of Magic? I've used the pink potion. I've played for hours and hours. ****?

• FuzzydinkFuzzydink Posts: 2
    #4518 October, 2020, 12:32 am.

This is impossible. I've used the pink potion. I've played for hours. Where are the M's required for the task? Yeah, it's so much fun when it's impossible to play.

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited October 18 #4618 October, 2020, 12:45 am.

I have finished the event because of some luck with a couple of wild prophecy record spawns plus a trace charm that yielded one more. And because I could afford to brew 12 tonics... I doubt I'll bother with the current event because all my resources have been depleated, just will do some fortress tasks for so much needed snowdrop...

That wasn't a "challenge" whatsoever. It was a drain of time and resources, required too many tonics and staying glued to the phone all day long. I got hold of my 3 last memos 20 min before midnight.

As somebody already said on here, all these complaints about the tasks being "too easy" clearly played a role in this "adjustment".

Wjoever came up with these "challenges" has gotten an F from me (or a "2", that's how the unsuccessful student's work is marked in my country).

Also my country is back to quarantine as of Monday, and these events are in no way designed to be playable from home unless you are insanely rich.

• DuchessLouLouDuchessLouLou Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4718 October, 2020, 01:01 am.

In planning these "community days" what level of game resources do you expect players to use and what time investment do you think is needed? The WU developers have lost the plot here and need to go back to basics in what entertainmrmt is. Nearly 11 hours, 8 TTD's and a bunch of other potions to counteract the really high departure rate made this "comm day" a tedious bore. The sunday one is shaping up the same. The WU developers need to go back to basics of what a comm day is and have prolific spawns of specific foundables. These comm days are bizarre mash ups of a wizarding weekend and a comm day that end up being a high time investment for 3 DADA books. Im out of potions for the WoW comm day and looking at another 10 hour investment where I probably get the spawns to finish the task. What is with the TTD's bringing more ministry officials and moodys today on the WoW "comm day"? The mechanics are so off here with these 2 "community days".

• GatorelaGatorela Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #5018 October, 2020, 01:41 am.

2 hours to go and still in massive need of prophecy and memos. Why????? I have been at this all day. Very 😞

• UMadSlowbrosUMadSlowbros Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5118 October, 2020, 01:53 am.

I know this is already coming across crystal clear, but the issue at the core here is that this game's events have been poorly executed to the point of the game not being fun AT ALL. I know little mistakes can slip through the cracks that weren't thought of, but the Developers should be testing these things. There is no excuse for such poor execution/QA. This game is REALLY bumming people out, and that's the last thing a game should be doing to people who choose to play it--especially when the only skill these event tasks is RNG.

I know many players wanted a challenge, but this is not what a challenge consists of. Fun first, challenge second.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    #5218 October, 2020, 02:05 am.

Was finally able to get the last half of my prophecies with four hours to go. I was able to get my page from bronze to silver and didn't use too many tonics with about 10-11 left compared to last CD so I guess that's a win. I started brewing a ton early with what ingredients I could find. Exstimulo potions are a different story and I depleted my vault with multiple tasks to go thanks to the Veils and Newts resisting. I have most everything green starred to max now and ready for gold except veils and bogrods no less, but those will come soon enough. Trying to replenish exstimulos before midnight and build up energy with challenges. Still, without being able to go anywhere this was a bit of a challenge with just tonics so I feel for others worse off than me

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #5318 October, 2020, 02:48 am.

14 Prophecy Records to go, 73 minutes left in the event. Since I've been getting 2-3 spawns per TTD, there's no way to finish (I wasn't doing better driving or walking around earlier today, either). Very disappointing event.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #5418 October, 2020, 04:33 am.

Took until after 9pm to finally get the last prophecy record, despite over a 3 mile walk with TTDs this morning. Spawn rates were not good, hopefully better tomorrow

• BellarinnBellarinn Posts: 1
    edited October 18 #5718 October, 2020, 05:52 am.

Well I've had enough of this game. VERY disappointed. I spent hours playing this event and could not finish it. I only needed 3 more memos to finish and after using TTD I still couldn't get any. Just ridiculous! Everything else was spawning except for what was needed.

Also, remember there are restrictions due to covid worldwide.

You can also count me with those other people who have stopped playing HPWU. I have been with this game pretty much from the start of it (when it was fun). I see no point of playing a game that's only time consuming with no benefits. With one event right after another and no break. It has NOT been fun recently.

Farewell.

• BanewyrmBanewyrm Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #5818 October, 2020, 05:58 am.

@HPWUTeam Super awesome making yet another event that became nearly impossible to complete. This will in fact be the second event I've been completely unable to finish despite hours devoted toward the effort. So yeah super swell job continually shoving event content at us in an effort to keep things from getting stale and instead merely frustrating. Cuz boredom definitely kills interest in games quicker than anger........

• EliasHolmesEliasHolmes Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #6018 October, 2020, 07:39 am.

I will also add that I did successfully complete the event, but it required too much to complete... too many hours outside that I didn’t really want to spend, leaving me unhappy I did... and i felt like I was enduring something just rigged to be near impossible for most, depending on random chance with brutal odds, with the only satisfaction from success being the rewards handed out, but no satisfied sense of “yes, I did it!” , but instead “why did I let myself be put through that?”.

• TalathFTalathF Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #6118 October, 2020, 10:24 am.

I could have liked this event, which I mostly played walking outside, but came home annoyed. Had the required amounts been switched for memos and orbs records, I probably would have liked the event. Total play time was over two hours, which is long, considering past events.