October Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 23 October, 2020, 03:40 am.

Witches and Wizards,

October Community Day is all day Sunday, October 18 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Get ready for a day of magical pranks and visit Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes!

This Community Day, you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables to Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes Registry page.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Wonders of the Wizarding World Family XP and a chance at Skiving Snackbox fragments.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    #310 October, 2020, 02:52 am.

Detail tasks please. 😬

#413 October, 2020, 09:28 pm.

still no detail tasks? 😅

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #514 October, 2020, 02:49 am.

In the past 96 hours I have not found a single erumpent horn on the map and I have been out three times in that time frame. What do we need to do to get more access to erumpent horns?

#614 October, 2020, 04:30 am.

@ClairabusGryff i got enough erumpent horn from last brilliant portkey. not much but could make about 15-ish potion maybe.

my lack of ingredients is baneberry (the red one that need six piece/potion)

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #714 October, 2020, 01:39 pm.

@Kodokmag The only place I get erumpent horns from is brilliant portkeys but even they are giving me very little. I find bane berry at gas stations and grocery stores mainly. Good luck finding enough!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #815 October, 2020, 07:20 pm.

Haven't we already had a Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes event? I've had that page on gold for a while

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #916 October, 2020, 12:06 pm.

@Klc5048 im happy about it, I still need to gold it! Then I will take the next year hunting the ever rarer buckbeak, I had all I needed until I accidentally bumped buckbeak a few times and tragically lost them! My calls for a warning gump went by the wayside!

• JobeeJobee Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1017 October, 2020, 02:46 pm.

My TTD is going to take 6 hours to brew not 1.

• Car26Car26 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1117 October, 2020, 06:17 pm.

Knight bus is not rewarding me with the guranteed family fragment for Oct CD. Its giving me a random family fragment from WOWW

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #1217 October, 2020, 06:31 pm.

@Car26 are you playing with others in a chamber? If so it might be that whoever entered the chamber first hasn’t started the October CD yet. So if we were playing and I entered the chamber first I don’t think you’d be guaranteed anything because where I am hasn’t started that day yet.

• Ob1kinobeOb1kinobe Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1317 October, 2020, 08:32 pm.

Just placed a new TFTD brew and it’s still taking 4+ hrs to brew at 9:00am NZT 18 Oct. Is it not 1 hr???

#1417 October, 2020, 08:37 pm.

me too.

just put in my TTD ingredients into cauldron at 3 am local time. it is 4 hours brew time

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18 #1718 October, 2020, 12:28 am.

The Saturday community day is the September makeup community day. Quit complaining about it in the wrong thread. This thread is for the October Community day. Hopefully, spawns will not be as horrendous.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18 #1818 October, 2020, 03:30 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUrobert the October CD has already started for me and there seems to be a problem with the fortress foundables. As @Car26 has also mentioned, the fortresses are rewarding random WOWW fortress foundables rather than just the ‘Open Skiving Snackbox’. When going into the lobby with a WOWW runestone, the rewards screen when clicked on, also shows all four possible WOWW fortress foundables as rewards. I did a solo battle in Tower I and was rewarded a ‘Platform 9 3/4 Sign’. I also got the same reward again when I did a Tower II in a team of 4 where I was the first in the chamber waiting area.

Can the@HPWUTeam please have a look into this? I hope this can be sorted soon. Thanks.

• VaelyrysVaelyrys Posts: 1
    #1918 October, 2020, 04:07 am.

The brew time for Tonic for Trace detection didn’t seem to reduce and I had this brewed since the start of community day

• OrwellmiaOrwellmia Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2218 October, 2020, 06:55 am.

All the foundables for this event are disappearing before I can catch them but am catching loads of others. Don’t need this after yesterday’s slog . Is this a glitch or just me?

• inesizinesiz Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2318 October, 2020, 08:01 am.

Fortress Battles are not giving increased Open Skiving Snackbox fragments. I just player 7 Battles and got every other fragment of WoWW except that one. Very frustrating.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2418 October, 2020, 08:07 am.

I’m hardly getting anything to appear despite this event starting 4 hours ago. It doesn’t even feel like there’s an event going on. I’ve used one TTD and got a lot of non wonders appearing. It feels completely different from yesterday’s event. I’ve only gotten 2 portkeys despite going into the event with 0 portkeys.

• TalathFTalathF Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2518 October, 2020, 10:30 am.

This event was mostly fine, except that I probably used over 30 extimulo potions (total over all kinds). The 'use extimulos in fortress challenges' assignment felt excessive. The returns I did while doing one of my walks outside. Total play time was a little under two hours, which is long when compared to past CDs.

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2618 October, 2020, 11:21 am.

Was TTD brew time fixed?

#2718 October, 2020, 11:50 am.

Fixed on me.

The recipe state at about 40-ish minute

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2818 October, 2020, 12:15 pm.

@Kodokmag , with master notes?

• HaroldPutterHaroldPutter Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 18 #2918 October, 2020, 12:49 pm.

Is there something wrong with this October Community Day event? I have not noticed any major increase in the spawn rate for Wonders of the Wizarding World foundables even while using tonic for trace detection potions. This might answer my own question but, I barely completed the September make-up community day yesterday so maybe the events are just more challenging now???

• Windog710Windog710 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3018 October, 2020, 01:11 pm.

have used at least 15 tonic for trace in the past two days, and still not enough foundables showed up to complete missions on both days. have you jammed two days of average play into one?

• SashaCleerriSashaCleerri Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3118 October, 2020, 02:11 pm.

I'm somewhere a bit remote this weekend and happen to grind through 2 comm day in a row really gets me on my nerve. The make up Sept comm day tasks completed just 2 minutes before midnight and the WOWW took me whole day and with less than 4 hours and have had to burn through countless TTD and extimulo potions I decided to give up the tasks with the foundables showing only 0-2 fred and george foundables.

I think I can manage to get through the task if I'm somewhere in the city with countless inns to out dark detector on but I'm several hundred mteres away from the closest fortress and green house.

Just throwing things out there as these kind of tasks used to be fun until they are not anymore especially having to grind 2 whole days somewhere remote when I'm planning to relax on the weekend and enjoy playing the game.

The tasks are not meant for fun!!

Also TTD keeps appearing non related foundables like the above is really a pain for players on remote places.