xp points to complete events (not general xp)

eeyoremooeeyoremoo Posts: 13 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 03 October, 2020, 02:15 pm.

does anyone else give up whenever the task to collect a certain amount of xp points relating to a foundable category comes up in the events, traces give between 3 and 8 xp points for the category, the tonic for trace barely gives me any of the ones needed for the events and the xp points from challenges are 10pts for the rune category but arent given each time so out of 5 challenges i usually only get 20pts. the task this time is 500 mysterious artifacts points, i have 25 so far, previous tasks have been upto 800 points. i dont even bother now if these tasks come up, the only ones i find that are appropriately acessible and achievable are the general wizarding xp points as these can be doubled by the brain elixir and are always given in traces and challenges as well as gifts etc

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭
    #219 September, 2020, 08:06 pm.

Nope. Giving up means that you can't progress in the game. Without RSB and DADA, you just hit a wall for progress, so you have no choice.

• ProfessorClarkeProfessorClarke Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #320 September, 2020, 03:06 pm.

One way to boost the XP earned is to place the correct rune stone in a more advanced/difficult challenge arena. I had the same problem, and then did a few challenges solo in Forest 5 and made the XP fairly quickly. You’ll need to know how to use the Strong Invigoration Draughts to boost your own defenses and impair your opponents, and have Potent Invigoration And Healing potions handy. Lots of spell energy helps, too.

• Toriabee318Toriabee318 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 20 #420 September, 2020, 07:32 pm.

Same here! I used all my runestones and Tonics for 3 days and only got to 99 mysterious xp points... I don't understand how others are able to complete these tasks.

• YEGmomYEGmom Posts: 2
    #521 September, 2020, 02:36 am.

3 days and only 84/500 mysterious family XP. I don’t get it.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭
    #621 September, 2020, 02:12 pm.

this event is mysterious artifact family XP.

this is example family xp on silver prestige.

if we only count on exploration traces like this one. its just about playing smart of Trace Charm (which give 2 fragments officially) on certain mysterious artifact traces and you done before you know it.

another one if prepared before hand with maxing some common traces, this required us to know the tasks before the event start.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #721 September, 2020, 04:59 pm.

The only way to complete these task in what I would consider a reasonable time frame is to place images of that family. Depending on what foundable you look at and what frame you have, this can give you several hundred family XP, so you can actually be done quite quickly.

If you don't have the frames at at least bronze or have placed images recently, you are in for a lot of work, unfortunately (which is why I strongly dislike these kind of quests as players will start the quests on very uneven playing fields).

Some general tips:

• The higher the threat level of the trace, the more points you get. Try to use the trace charme on the highest threat level event traces (in this case the time turner).
    • Challenges: The higher the chamber, the better the chances of getting a foundable (which in turn will give you 10 family XP, regardless of the chamber); while a lot of people posted that this is their go-to solution, I always felt it to be too underwhelming fo FXP per hour. That said, if you placing the challenge foundables grants you a lot of FXP
    • For future events: Read the info on upcoming events; if the announcement mentions a certain family, hold back on placing images of that family, if you have the frame at least prestiged to bronze. Otherwise try to prestige them before the event.

I feel you. My wife tends to give up on these quests as well, unless she is in a favourable place due to what she can place in her registry. She mostly plays while sitting on the couch in the evening; the yield with TTD typically is not sufficient, even though we have about 10 normal spawn points that we can reach at home.

On the other hand if you are allowed to go outside, the points are typically not too hard to get. I'd guess that in my case a 30 minute walk around the block is about as effective as 1.5h with TTD...

• TheBiggestFootTheBiggestFoot Posts: 2
    #823 September, 2020, 07:06 pm.

I just drink baruffius brain elexir and do some tower chamber wizarding challenges

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #924 September, 2020, 02:29 am.

This is my recommendation for this problem.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/10343/potion-idea

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1024 September, 2020, 02:30 am.

@TheBiggestFoot

BBE doesn't help for family XP.

• JamesDentJamesDent Posts: 4
    #1124 September, 2020, 03:51 am.

500 Brilliant xp is 166 foundables. Less a few given 5 bonus for placing image and trace charms. In a big city and the suburbs this is no more than a couple of hours of play.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    #1224 September, 2020, 07:23 am.

It's not super difficult, especially in places with decent spawns, it's just boring and uninspired.

They used to do way better quests before they gave up.

• CoDiCexxxCoDiCexxx Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1325 September, 2020, 02:59 am.

2 hrs of straight play time and not one spellbook wow..you guys are losing me me ..the latest update ..what a joke ...making it way to hard to get ahead in the game now ...just a foot note ..i drive I feel sorry for the people who don't drive games becoming a waste of time

• WizardoraWizardora Posts: 1
    #1425 September, 2020, 09:36 am.

This is whats starting to put me off playjng the game!

3xp for the family when I need 400 on part 4 if the task

I been playing since launch day and have my own local group everyone is annoyed with the same thing.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #1525 September, 2020, 12:45 pm.

@eeyoremoo Giving up, no. Ticked off: yes. They never should have introduced these tasks. It turned every event into a grind.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #1625 September, 2020, 03:24 pm.

Brillant XP are somewhat different to family XP... Conceptually, I think the task is ok because at least every player more or less experiences the same difficulty when entering the quest. 500 FXP might be too much, but it turned out not as bad as I initially thought it to be.

There are three relevant differences to a FXP quest for other families:

• Placing images only grants 5 FXP, so this is not the way to finish the quest (whereas for other families, this is main source for FXP).
    • You only have low level foundables which grant 3 base FXP.
    • However, you have portkeys which definitely give you brilliant FXP (if they give you FXP at all, that is), instead of some random FXP.

A tip on foundables: If you have a foundable completed (like 20/20 Orbs/Brains/Harries/Veils in this case), you get an extra FXP point when returning while you get only 5 FXP for placing the images. This means that unlike for FXP for other families it is better to not place the images here because this means you get 20*4=80 FXP for 20 foundables, whereas otherwise they would only yield 5+20*3=65 FXP.

Either way, I think the easiest way to complete this task was to unlock portkeys and not place any images (the latter also ties in nicely with one of the bonus tasks), augmented by the odd catches that you needed to do anyways to collect the 15 Harry Potters.

I had 6 portkeys ready to be opened when I got the quest and actually completed it before I found all Harry Potters...

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #1728 September, 2020, 02:38 pm.

Niantic DEV have to strange habit to try and make these events harder every time. In earlier events, you could do all events in a matter of hours gameplay, but the latest events become harder and harder (like the 10 very rare, the 800 line and now the 500). They deliberately make it look like it is easy (like the 500, which looks easy as we already did 800; but when we got 800 there were 5,10 and 20 XP to earn and the bonusses were 20 and 50; now with the 500 the bonusses are 5 and 10 and the XP is 3,5)

This is delibarate , i can not draw another conclusion. I complained earlier and are fed up with it. I got the 170 brilliants and refuse to do the extra. Last time I complained, I decided to never ever spend any more money on a game that disregards its user so much. Now, I am probably quitting WU altogether. It is really too much, no respect for the players. Have done every daily from the start (2x not) but too much is too much, Shame on Niantic

• FCoronaUFCoronaU Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1829 September, 2020, 03:39 pm.

I feel you! Well I don't give up, because I too just can't walk away from the dada and spell books, I most definitely get very discouraged. This past event was a major drag between all the bugs and the tasks that just dragged on and on with no real reward whatsoever! I stopped playing this event once I got to the third one Tuesday night and did not return to it again until Sunday and that required me really dragging myself to do it! I have never dreaded returning to this game the way that I did this past week because I love it so much any other time, but I definitely had decided if I don't get to the opportunity of completing the bonus tasks, at least I bank some sanity. I did end up finishing it but wish I hadn't once I realized I was not receiving any of the field guides as I should have and all the other bugs I was experiencing!

• TeeStormTeeStorm Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1929 September, 2020, 04:07 pm.

Let's call this for what it is. The Family XP tasks (and worse the Brilliant Family XP task from this last event) don't make the game HARDER. It makes the game TAKE LONGER. There's no challenge here. There's no interesting puzzle to solve. It's just a matter of sitting around waiting for the things you need to pop up. It has become tedious. I've played WU since day one until recently because now I just don't have the spare hours needed to dedicate to these events and I am losing interest in the game entirely. I am only posting this because the game WAS fun and I would like to see it come back from the tedium.

Niantic - clearly you are not listening here. I see a lot of similar comments where people are fading away from the game. There are certainly some VERY dedicated players who are determined to keep at these events but I think you are losing a lot of the more casual players like me. Is that sustainable?

P.S. The dragon event was WAY cool. How about more of those type of cross-region events or ones that give us rarer foundables rather than these Brilliant Event grinds?

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #2001 October, 2020, 02:23 pm.

@HPWUcasey have you read this thread? The XP tasks are boring, tedious and uninspired. Please change up the challenges for the next event so instead of being a grind it is fun.

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #2103 October, 2020, 02:15 pm.

And as an answer tp our mails, thehy just upped the challenge. It is now 2000 XP for this event. I gave up, won't play this event. Already played for three hours to get 136 Xp of the 2000. And since it is raining all weekend, I won't even bother. Probably gie up on the game altogether. You can't beat the devs... They won... I give up