Game Update 2.15.0

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6218 September, 2020, 08:41 am.

Solutions are "Coming Soon"

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6318 September, 2020, 09:21 am.

@HPWUrobert the flares are now bugged, please fix them, dont tell us that that's how you 'fixed' the threat wheel bug.

• OriciOrici Posts: 1
    #6418 September, 2020, 09:46 am.

I have been subject to a unusual behaviour. After playing for some time, the game starts lacking and I have to close it, to return to the normal work. This update did nothing on this problem.

Also I noticed that a lot of calamity objectos appear with wrong Stripes.

• SashaCleerriSashaCleerri Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #6518 September, 2020, 09:48 am.

Android with black screen after the update, try to uninstall and then re-install the game.

This fixed the issue for me, hopefully the same thing works for other android users.

Just a bit of a pain changing the game settings back to they were before

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    #6618 September, 2020, 10:06 am.

Another workaround is changing the language of the app

• WaelstrumWaelstrum Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #6718 September, 2020, 01:35 pm.

Well, I'm on Android and the new patch just blocked me from playing

I got a black background instead of the map and black background instead of the cauldron.

I can't click nothing so I'm just screwed for the brilliant tasks

• AzzukarAzzukar Posts: 1
    #6818 September, 2020, 02:16 pm.

Nice , now I can't see anything

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #6918 September, 2020, 02:24 pm.

Leabuff

I was shocked to find that Niantic has beta testers. They don't listen to you, either?

Please suggest to them:

1. Don't make changes during events.

2. Test changes on volunteers, and listen to the feedback.

3. We wanted professional classes, not the SOS lessons.

4. The "story" has been stalled for about nine months. Bring it on.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7018 September, 2020, 02:26 pm.

@xxxlindy the beta testers are the group of players that played last summer before global launch. There are still issues with their games due to them being in beta.

#7118 September, 2020, 02:32 pm.

@Waelstrum and @Azzukar changing the language of the game should fix it according to discord.

• StormdriverStormdriver Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #7218 September, 2020, 03:50 pm.

I also get the black map and/or a flashing map screen after this latest update. I've tried closing the game and restarting my phone and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but no luck. If I randomly tap the black area and it happens to have an Inn then I can see it, but it's black there too. I'm not near a greenhouse or fortress right now, so can't test there. Traces seem to play fine if you find them in the dark.

When the screen flashes, I can momentarily see the map correctly. Sometimes for a short time, everything is fine, but mostly it is the black screen.

The icons are always stay there, but there are problems there too with the black. When I clicked on the suitcase icon and then tried to collect my potion, black screen again. My portkey was finished, but got a black screen there before entering Help!!!!!!

• NelkataNelkata Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2020 #7318 September, 2020, 04:22 pm.

Changing the language fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks!😃

• implode8881implode8881 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #7418 September, 2020, 05:17 pm.
  • Anncro53Anncro53 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #7518 September, 2020, 05:51 pm.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I no longer get a black screen but the game will not load. Any suggestions

• GoldenSnitch4GoldenSnitch4 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #7618 September, 2020, 06:17 pm.

I'm sure people have noticed, but beams of lights and Field Books are not matching ☹️. Red light only gave me 8 books. Orange gave me 2. 😭 And, in some cases it will change the family once you click on the light i.e. Hogwarts family like light, changed to Mysterious Artifact.

• WaelstrumWaelstrum Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #7718 September, 2020, 06:26 pm.

Switching languages when black screen bug appears is a good temporary solution thx

• laterpoohlaterpooh Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #7818 September, 2020, 08:45 pm.

Is there a list available of which traces you've updated the color beams for with this update? I noticed the Omniocular is now yellow instead of no beam, and those that were yellow are now orange, and orange to red. This didn't seem to affect how many manuals you receive either. Just curious if there is a comprehensive list of these changes. Thank you.

• BoogieleeBoogielee Posts: 1
    #7918 September, 2020, 10:07 pm.

Since the latest "update" I haven't been able to play. The error is that it can't connect to the wireless.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8018 September, 2020, 10:49 pm.

maybe there will be 4 beam will guaranted field book reward (20, 8, 2 and 1) and non beam will have the book reward for random chance?

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 717 admin
    #8119 September, 2020, 12:07 am.

Regarding Trace Beams after the 2.15.0 Update

Trace Beam visualization and Encounter threat level of many Encounters do not correspond to their Registry threat level classification after the 2.15.0 Update. We're looking into why this recent change is not behaving as intended. We'll provide more details in a follow-up once we know more. 

Visit the bug report section to follow this thread

• CharlieMae7CharlieMae7 Posts: 1
    #8219 September, 2020, 02:42 am.

So now the hag gets a flag? Seriously???

• KingCobr4KingCobr4 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #8319 September, 2020, 02:44 am.

With all of these notes, you all didn’t include the fact that you are changing the threat level of foundables. Not only did you increase the threat level but you didn’t even change the amount of XP or books that you receive. Seems like something you all thought would fly under the radar but sticks out like a sore thumb. These updates are slowly but surely ruining the experience of the game and feels like you all are making up new things without listening to your community. If you all need support with gathering community feedback please let me know as I’d rather help in some way instead of just complaining but you’re **** yourself in the foot with each and every update.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #8419 September, 2020, 04:52 am.

We've been asking for flares/beams for the medium threats for a while nows. Now we got them. 😅

• GoepperatisGoepperatis Posts: 1
    #8519 September, 2020, 06:38 am.

Thanks to all die the hint changing the language. It works. After this you can change again to your favorite language...

• RachelaRachela Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #8619 September, 2020, 08:17 am.

By "Fixed an issue with threat level visual effects on Traces that appear on the Map" I presume you mean introduce a vexing new issue whereby some amber flares now show as red (but only give 8 guides so can't be), yellows as amber (but only give 2) and plains as yellow?

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #8719 September, 2020, 01:37 pm.

So... after a few hours of playing these are my findings...

• beams are all wrong and shifted severity medium are yellow, high are orange, severe are red and emergency also red... as to not get confused and obviously leading to wasted trace charms
    • overall occurence of severe and emergency foes is reduced?
    • dark detectors are spawning less emergency and severe foundables?
    • trace charm initial catch gives only one fragment reward, but still the same foundable now seems to come back a second time?? (Second time you do receive 2 fragments...)
    • trace charm seems to provide increased Wizarding xp and family xp now
    • increased drop rate for inns for rare gifts doesnt seem to increase drop rate of extravagant spell energy but even more “empty” inns?

this is all getting very confusing and way too many foes in the wild with yellow and orange beams but low rewards. The amount of field guides gained is significantly lower than my runs before the update.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #8820 September, 2020, 12:25 pm.

I have not downloaded yet. Any idea about when it will be safe to do so?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8920 September, 2020, 12:38 pm.

I think its not about when, its about your device chance of step on mine or not. 🤔😂

edited September 2020 #9020 September, 2020, 12:38 pm.

My guess... When they give the job to people who actually play the game.

The update just squeezed out the last bit that was exciting about this game... The red flares.

Now the map is littered with all colors of flares. But none of them anything I would want.

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #9120 September, 2020, 04:35 pm.

The solution for Apple players is simple. Step away from the dark side. They don't have cookies.