Trace Charms from trunks not added

EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 27 September, 2020, 01:58 am.

I have 5 slots for Trace Charms. I had used some of them yesterday (so, it was not full) and received three more from treasure trunks (two yesterday, one today). But they are not being added. Not even sure if the one we receive from completing our daily tasks are...

Anyone else with this issue?

PS: I have posted this on Report a Bug, but I cannot find it on Recent Discussions, so I posting here too to see if other players are noticing the same problem.

Comments

• JIa3apJIa3ap Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #218 September, 2020, 02:15 pm.

Maybe a dumb question but stil ...

Are you sure it was a trace charm .. it could have been inn charm or greenhouse one

cheers

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #318 September, 2020, 02:27 pm.

@JIa3ap Thank you your observation. I'm pretty sure it's Trace Charm... I rarely use the Inn Charm and even less the Greenhouse one.

• KadluffKadluff Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #418 September, 2020, 02:52 pm.

I am having the same issue. It started recently.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #518 September, 2020, 02:53 pm.

@EowynRio it would be a pain, but to know for sure, take screenshots. Of how many charges you currently have, and then when you get a charge from trunk. If your charges don’t update, another screenshot and report the bug.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    #618 September, 2020, 03:09 pm.

It might have happened to me yesterday as well. Just once - the other charms I've been rewarded since then were counted correctly.

I was wondering earlier if it could have been an Inn Charm (which would explain why the Trace Charm count didn't change), but on the other hand I'm pretty sure I saw the Trace Charm symbol.

#718 September, 2020, 04:07 pm.

@Dogoutlaw That's a great suggestion.

It didn't even occur to me when it happened the first two times. I reckoned it was my fault: perhaps I believed I had a certain number of Trace Charms in stock, but actually had less. So, I didn't think it was a bug.

Then, I thought I had 2 Traces left and would have 3 when I collected my daily rewards from tasks. I believed to have collected the rewards last night and I didn't check how many I had at the emd of the day. But today I woke up with only 2. I thought: well, I probably forgot to collect my daily tasks rewards (which, honestly, I am not 100% sure I did). So, again, I believed it was my fault.

This morning, when I got a Trace Charm from a trunk, I thought: okay, then, I had 2 from yersterday, now I have 3, and will get a 4th by completing today's daily task. But instead of 3, I only have 2...

Now I'll take screen shots.

I just wanted to point it out because if other players are NOT experiencing the same issue, I will have to acknowledge I am way too stressed out with the pandemic, and developing some memory problems. 😆

#818 September, 2020, 06:41 pm.

@EowynRio It could very well be happening, so don't get down on yourself. But the screenshots will prove it and give you some peace. I totally get you, I'd be going crazy thinking I should have more than I had, and then doubting myself. Hopefully screenshots will help sort out the issue.

#918 September, 2020, 09:57 pm.

@Dogoutlaw Now it's official: I have just received 2 Trace Charms from placing a Death Eater in a golden page. I took pictures of both rewards. I had, as I told you, 2 Trace Charms (on the five charms slot) and I still have 2 Trace Charms. The ones I gained have not been added.

@hpwulola , would you please take a look? I'll post this on the "report a bug" as well.

Here are the screenshots

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    #1018 September, 2020, 10:01 pm.

@EowynRio The two charms you received are Inn Charms. The Trace Charm Icon has the 9 3/4 logo and a +. The icons from you trunk have an Inn with 3 energy bolts.

#1118 September, 2020, 10:14 pm.

@Attrition You are absolutely right! I had no idea we could get inn charms from trunks. Thanks, problem solved. 😀

@JIa3ap I guess you were right all along! 😄

@Dogoutlaw thank you for your support. I am stressed out with the pandemic, so I missed this important detail...

I really didn't know we could have different charms from trunks. I will pay more attention now. Let"s see if I get today's trace charm from the daily tasks.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    #1218 September, 2020, 11:08 pm.

@EowynRio You didn't notice that the icon was an Inn and not the trace icon?

Where is the soundboard with the Homer Simpson "Doh!"?

They fixed the skill that have Inn Charms from the chests, with the update. I guess that led to your confusion. With all the bugs introduced with the update, we need to limit false bug reports.

#1319 September, 2020, 09:44 am.

@BenTiger Absolutely: "Doh"! 😂

I have never checked the icon - ever, since for me it waa the only trace charm out from trunks - because this never happened before. I don't even remember having selected an SOS node to get more trace charms from inns, but I certainly have... Anyway, mystery (doh!) solved for me.

Apologies to all for the inintended 'false bug' report.

#1419 September, 2020, 01:51 pm.

Unintended, I mean...

• TheEverLivingTheEverLiving Posts: 3
    edited September 19 #1519 September, 2020, 09:19 pm.

#1619 September, 2020, 09:48 pm.

@EowynRio there are lessons to receive charges from trunks, one for each field charm. Studious Success for Trace Charm, Knowledge Transfer for Inn Charm, and Greenthumb for Greenhouse Charm. You obviously have the second! Just make sure you have the others if you want them. :)

#1720 September, 2020, 01:47 pm.

@Dogoutlaw thank you! You are always so kind and patient! 🙂

Yes, I checked and I have the charges for trace and inn charms indeed, but not for greenhouses - there are none that I could tap in from home. Well, it seems I'll be getting far more inn charms than trace ones now...

I used to get one or two trace charms from trunks, now, when I get one, it's an inn charm, which I don't really need, since I have access to two inns from home. But it's fine. It's part of the game. 🙃

Cheers!

• FNinsomniacFNinsomniac Posts: 1
    #1820 September, 2020, 02:32 pm.

I actually came to report the same issue- I rarely use the Inn and Greenhouse charms and are full. I received several trunks yesterday that appeared to be trace charms and they aren’t registering. I will take screen shots next time it happens.

#1920 September, 2020, 02:43 pm.

@FNinsomniac Receiving charms from trunks is completely unrelated to which charms you use, or whether you are full or not. The trunks have a percent chance of dropping charm charges. Sometimes they'll be trace, sometimes they'll be inn, and sometimes they'll be greenhouse, assuming you've purchased the skills that enable them.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #2023 September, 2020, 12:43 pm.

Wow, I just stumbled into this thread and went to look at my charms because I used and then pulled one last night. Sure enough my charm I pulled was not added to my count. I didn’t even bother to look last night because I just assumed it had replaced the one I used. Has anyone put this in the bug reports?

#2123 September, 2020, 04:09 pm.

@BocaG Before you make a bug report, are you 100% certain the charm you got was a trace charm and not an inn or greenhouse charm?

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #2223 September, 2020, 05:03 pm.

@Attrition 100% because it’s the only one I’ve opened to do so, the others are pointless. At the time I opened the trace charm because it was of value, and I poured my resources into it exclusively.

#2323 September, 2020, 10:18 pm.

@BocaG I had to ask. In this very thread we were assured that it could only have been a trace charm but the pictures showed otherwise. No offense Eowyn! Mistakes happen =)

#2424 September, 2020, 11:24 am.

@BocaG, @Attrition is right. I was absolutely sure the charms I was getting (and were not being added) were trace charms because I didn't remember opening any other SOS tree node related to charms. But I had oppened the inn charms from trunks...

When I took the screenshots of the charms I had gotten, I saw they were all inn charms, not trace charms.

I'm not saying this is what's happening to you. But, in my case, it was my mistake.

No offense taken, Attrition, you were right all along! 🙂

• NickyBJNickyBJ Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2525 September, 2020, 03:43 am.

I am having the same issue.

Trace charms are not being added.

Not the one from the daily mission.

Neither when I get them on the field.

I lost at least five since yesterday after I realized it 😥.

• WochenbangWochenbang Posts: 1
    #2625 September, 2020, 03:15 pm.

I suspected I was having this problem as I was sure I received several trace charms while placing images, but realized my vault was empty, and just figured I used them up.

This morning my trace charm vault was empty, I placed an image, was awarded a trace charm, checked vault and it was still empty. I restarted my game, still empty.

• ShelbyEnglandShelbyEngland Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2726 September, 2020, 11:15 pm.

Same issue. Awarded Charms from Treasure chest and they are not adding on. Keeps showing 1.

#2827 September, 2020, 01:58 am.

For everyone reporting this problem, I strongly suggest taking a screen capture each time you open a trunk with a charm and then post the picture here.