Game Update 2.15.0

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 920 admin
edited September 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 18 September, 2020, 07:20 am.

Note on timeline: Our 2.15.0 update includes support for iOS 14. This update was scheduled for today but unfortunately, it is delayed and we hope to release it tomorrow. Until the update is available, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite won't be accessible on iOS 14. It will continue to be accessible on iOS 13. We will give you an updated timeline when we have one.

Game Updates

Some of these changes may have been reflected in releases between 2.14 and 2.15 and therefore may already be reflected in the app. 

Potions

• Added the ability to purchase Potions directly from the Potion selection menu during Encounters and Wizarding Challenges.

General

• Bug fixes for general app stability and visual issues 
  • iOS 14 Support

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue affecting the SOS Training Node: Knowledge Transfer. Players who completed Knowledge Transfer were not receiving Inn Charm charges from Treasure Trunks
  • Fixed an issue with threat level visual effects on Traces that appear on the Map
  • Made text revisions to the Trace Charm Expertise page
  • Fixed a visual issue affecting the Magicum Vitae that cuts off the text for the Tonic for Trace Detection Potion bonus
Tagged:

Comments

• LadySusanDLadySusanD Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #215 September, 2020, 11:46 pm.

Are there other Node fixes other than Knowledge Transfer. What about Herd Immunity? We've been waiting months for that to be fixed. We spent a lot of resources getting to it and then it hasn't unlocked. It should be in this update!

• cdycdycdycdy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #416 September, 2020, 02:22 am.

Guess I can wait for the release to see, but I hope this fixes the issue where I have to switch professions and back to get my maxed profession back up to its high number, after completing SoS nodes.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    edited September 16 #516 September, 2020, 05:39 am.

How about fixing the inn rewards?

So this was basically just waiting for iOS, not fixing your bugged tree.

Y'all fixed the knight bus (again) at least I hope?

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #616 September, 2020, 06:20 am.

How is this a major patch update? I think this should be called 2.14.2. Or 2.14.0.3

You're essentially fixing wordings and bugs from 2. 14 that aren't working as intended.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    #716 September, 2020, 06:23 am.

fix the trace charm, now its (nerfed) and bugged.

• KreaturezKreaturez Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #916 September, 2020, 09:13 am.

Nah. Priority was to allow people to buy potions when tracing or battling.

• quilterkquilterk Posts: 1
    #1016 September, 2020, 02:26 pm.

When is the daily progress bug going to be fixed? The one where no tasks are marked done if you don’t open the list? It’s especially bothersome during events when that page doesn’t open by default.

• YetShePersistsYetShePersists Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #1216 September, 2020, 05:18 pm.

I'm confused. In May, you made changes to the Registry pages that made it easier for players to Prestige pages, and advance in the game. Now, you're complaining that the Trace Charm is making it too easy for players to advance in the game?

Please explain. And, while you're at it, bring back the original Trace Charm features.

• Billmill20Billmill20 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1316 September, 2020, 06:52 pm.

So just want to get this right, you were able to "correct" the trace charm features, fixed the text, but couldn't fix the additional fragment issues proficiency? Not sure how you guys run your dev team but maybe consider hiring a project manager to address how you set priorities.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #1416 September, 2020, 07:28 pm.

The Trace charm has fixed. The case has already been closed by Niantic like a greenstars. Move on everybody.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 920 admin
    #1616 September, 2020, 11:56 pm.

We started the 2.15.0 release process today but hit a roadblock that slowed things down. We are pausing the deploy for now and we will resume releasing the update tomorrow and provide more information then. In the meantime, the app will not be compatible with iOS 14.

• Radue13Radue13 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1917 September, 2020, 02:41 am.

Wished had known soon. Can’t play except on wi-fi on old iPhone. Can’t really finish event very easy. Can only play from home a live in country. Very sad.

• UnitiousUnitious Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #2017 September, 2020, 03:48 am.

The app does not work for iOS 14. Thanks for nothing

• SternbergSternberg Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2117 September, 2020, 08:42 am.

Could You please Tell us when we Can expect the Update

• HoosierfanHoosierfan Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2217 September, 2020, 10:28 am.

It works for me on iOS 14

• CiscoIVCiscoIV Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2317 September, 2020, 10:39 am.

Not updated yet in my location.

• PumpkinsmomPumpkinsmom Posts: 1
    #2417 September, 2020, 11:22 am.

Any news on the update? Still unavailable for me.

• AmyPrinceAmyPrince Posts: 1
    #2517 September, 2020, 12:32 pm.

Any update on the release of the update? My husband updated my phone (thought he was being helpful) when the 14 beta was released in July(?) Haven’t been able to play effectively since. I’ve been using my iPad but active sync doesn’t work for IPad. I missed out on all those dragon eggs :(

• SpozySpozy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2617 September, 2020, 01:27 pm.

You gotta be kidding. There is an event going on and you just keep on delaying the patch that can fix this. I need green books since they are event exclusive and you are making me waste time. I could’ve completed the part im on and moved to the next with all this waiting. Stop messing up this kind of things on top of events. Be prepared for it in beforehand. Da ****? Is that so difficult for a company that has 3 games like this? Just thinking that phone brands release new updates and you have to be ahead of the situation so your costumer base doesn’t suffer? Unbelievable, seriously. This is definitely the worst I had from NIA.

• KwizimKwizim Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2817 September, 2020, 03:37 pm.

Did I get that correctly?? You are pausing the update release???? And will only continue tomorrow??? SERIOUSLY???

I think it is time for me to find another game to spend my money, non-Niantic!

• Muggle0411Muggle0411 Posts: 1
    #2917 September, 2020, 03:48 pm.

Still no fix???

• CiscoIVCiscoIV Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3017 September, 2020, 04:12 pm.

So this is interesting. I just got a notification that my tonic for trace detection has finished brewing. I’m on iOS 14 iPhone 11 Pro and can’t open the app but something is running in the background.

• HaristotleHaristotle Posts: 4
    #3117 September, 2020, 04:25 pm.

I've had an Apple Dev account for quite awhile - I decided to go with the public beta for iOS 14/iPadOS14. If such a thing as a public beta exists, then popular apps, especially ones backed by WB and all of their money, should have programmers making it available for use with said betas.

In this particular instance, I lucked out by having an Android phone and have been able to ride out the time using that. And the game continues to be quite buggy. As noted by Snarkour, "[...]Apple didn't change any APIs that cause the game to crash, you made a choice to consider iOS beta versions in the same category as jailbroken devices, and you completely whiffed on fixing it in time."

Then 2.15 release notes are published, before it is available. I never thought I'd miss CG, but c'mon Niantic, please do better. Hire more programmers for HPWU. This is amateur hour.