September Event Calendar Update + Surprise Dragon Week

124»

Comments

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    #9210 September, 2020, 06:08 pm.

I'm 3 away from silver on Oddities IV, but 14 eggs away from silver on Oddities III, so I doubt I'll get to gold on either, requires way too many keys. Would have been nice to also make the eggs a fortress reward or something to have a chance without having to spend like crazy on keys.

edited September 10 #9310 September, 2020, 06:08 pm.

My comment posted twice for some reason, can only edit, not delete. Sorry for the repetition!

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #9511 September, 2020, 03:02 pm.

I haven't had the chance to do a lot of walking as well but I have unlocked a few portkeys. All in all I'm loving this event because I'm racking up much needed field guides like crazy with all the reds on the boards. But I'm working on completing Thin Skinned towards the bottom left of the second page of the SOS tree. It requires 310 Ministry Manuals per lesson and I'm really low on those. At least my dragon pages are low enough that I'm able to place images easily.

• implode8881implode8881 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #9611 September, 2020, 06:06 pm.

I had 118 silver keys saved up and started in wood for Oddities 3 and bronze for Oddities 4. My silver keys are almost depleted :( but I'm deep into silver for both and getting close to gold on Oddities 4 which is my priority over Oddities 3.

• SASNIXSASNIX Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #9711 September, 2020, 06:41 pm.

Where have all the dragons gone? I haven't come across any in the last few hour or any more dragon portmanteaus to collect???!

• SawiraSawira Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #9811 September, 2020, 09:14 pm.

At The beginning of the event i've had 140 keys. Presently ca. 87. Now I'm walking only with gold key and hunt Dragons for FG and MM.

• Greendragon9Greendragon9 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #9911 September, 2020, 11:31 pm.

Well, I finally got enough Antipodean Opaleye Eggs to Prestige my Oddities III page. I'd already gotten everything else on that panel, and almost had enough Chinese Fireball eggs to prestige again! (18/20 with a green star).

However, when I prestiged, all of them reset to zero. That's ROTTEN. I mean, the ONLY way to get the eggs, other than the local one in Wizard Battles, is through portkeys - in a one week event - during a pandemic when we still aren't supposed to be out and about.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    #10012 September, 2020, 07:01 am.

and here i am still at bronze at day 3. LoL

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 138 ✭✭
    #10112 September, 2020, 07:08 am.

I am yet to bronze :/ should get there tomorrow. Had too many portkey not recording distance issues

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 128 ✭✭
    #10212 September, 2020, 07:11 am.

Don't worry, there's more event dragon in drop egg here too.

@Sawira what a nice rush portkey dragon egg. Anyway nice one popup raid POGO :))

• YodalinoYodalino Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 12 #10312 September, 2020, 09:31 pm.

I'm also having distance issues. I ran 12 km today, opening a new portkey with my gold key as soon as it was available. Only opened 4 portkeys total. My distance has been hugely lagging from what I'm actually walking/running. If it takes 15 mins after I finish a run to update that last km, the new one I've opened isn't going to track properly. Oh, and one portkey opened for me and then said my internet was lagging, and then kicked me out, losing that portkey. But really not impressed that I should have 7 more opened today alone and they're not. I'm working really hard to get to silver on these pages before Tuesday (all the way from basic!).

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 138 ✭✭
    #10413 September, 2020, 01:54 pm.

Finally got to Bronze. Feels like forever...

Sending you what I got(in case it helps):

"Sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with tracking distance in the app. If you are trying to calculate distance by the app being open, try disabling and enabling the location services. Sometimes due to unstable network the distance tracking will not work as intended. Battery Saver option should be disabled from the app and device settings.

Make sure to enable Adventure Sync so you can track your distance even when the app is closed. However, the app should be closed completely in this case and should not be open even in the background."

• coyotewoman42coyotewoman42 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #10513 September, 2020, 02:32 pm.

I thought it was my imagination. I am having delays in portkeys distance updating also.

• JadeWandJadeWand Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #10613 September, 2020, 07:14 pm.

64km of portkeys with toxic wildfire air outside is making this an awful event. I have zero excitement about the dragons because I'm stuck on the stupid eggs. I had all the dragons I needed to prestige on day 1. **** eggs in toxic air is not my idea of a good time.

edited September 14 #10714 September, 2020, 02:55 am.

Yeah, I can't go out because of the smoke and ash in the air and using the adventure sync on a treadmill to get eggs isn't super fun.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited September 14 #10814 September, 2020, 11:00 am.

Gold and starred both Dragon related Registry pages. I had to work for it. Also got my SOS trees done as far as possible... now I just need more Dada and RS books to continue.

Thank you Niantic for this surprise event, appreciated.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #10914 September, 2020, 02:56 pm.

Phheeuuww... barely made it. Started with bronze at the beginning of the dragon event. Now both pages gold and starred. Thanks Niantic for this event.

• SmittenKittySmittenKitty Posts: 2
    #11014 September, 2020, 06:48 pm.

I will never be able to walk enough to complete any of the eggs, because I live in (normally) beautiful WA state and the air is extremely hazardous from the fire smoke - we are advised to stay indoors with the windows closed. BUT, I have gone from level 30 to level 33 during this event, just from a careful use of Barufio's Brain Elixer, my lunch hour, and dragon oddities combat. The XP return from these is outstanding, and I love leveling up because of it!

I live in a pretty rural area and don't find many foundables while at home, but during my work day I can find many! So, while I wish (like others have expressed) that I could have earned bonus eggs from fortress combat, I will be glad of the easy XP I gained.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    #11115 September, 2020, 12:09 am.

Last day, Only focusing on dragons not native to my region. Hoping someday stumble upon dragon nest or something with many eggs. LoL

• JadeWandJadeWand Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #11215 September, 2020, 04:35 pm.

Way to lie to your customers. Dragon event is advertised as lasting until 11 am Pacific Time. Guess what? It's 9:30 am. I've traveled far and wide and haven't seen a single darn dragon or dragon egg portkey in over half an hour. You ended it 2 hours early. Not cool. Shame on you. See if I ever spend money on this stupid game again.

• MagicalCPAMagicalCPA Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #11415 September, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Thank you for Dragons week--I loved it! Please bring it back soon!!!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #11515 September, 2020, 09:51 pm.

@JadeWand from the in-game SOS report: